Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

9 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Was too lazy to find my memory card that has Gravity Rush, so I finished the Color Guardians platinum instead, so I have my 3D plat for the month.  Maybe I'll go for 2 more plats this month for the 4 game challenge ;) 

Congrats on earning your platinum grade in January. :)

To count for the 4 game challenge, you need to complete 4 games that reward a gold or platinum grade, meaning that you need to finish 4 games that fit the theme of a month, so sadly your Titan Souls plat doesn't count towards this. 

I would like to sign up for this please?

Current Number of Platinums - 51

Current Number of 100% - 13

Current Percentage - 71.91%

The game I'm on at the minute is Just Cause 3 and I'm playing it on the Xbox One, is that okay for this months theme? I know that might sound silly but I just want to check before I carry on playing and before it's too late to start one that fits the theme.? By the way this is a brilliant idea for a backlog event, I'm loving the different themes?

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on earning your platinum grade in January. :)

To count for the 4 game challenge, you need to complete 4 games that reward a gold or platinum grade, meaning that you need to finish 4 games that fit the theme of a month, so sadly your Titan Souls plat doesn't count towards this. 

Ah I see, no worries!  You probably should edit the initial post though because it currently says:

• Complete 4 games within one month. (These don't need to fit the theme)
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I've finally managed to get the gold trophy in Pumped BMX +, now I'll only need to wait until the 15th to get the rest of the trophies because of the gold digger event but getting the others is only a matter of an hour or 2, so I'm basically done. I'll also be using this as a title for the Vita's 5th anniversary event, so I'll leave it with 1 missing trophy until the 22nd of February.

I guess I'll get to start Persona 4 Golden today. ^_^

Welcome to the event, has Just Cause 3 on the Xbox One got the same trophy list as on PSN? If yes, everything should be fine as long as you can get me a link or something to a page where I can check your Xbox achievements. If the lists are different it might get a bit troublesome, so make sure to check.

The worst case scenario would be you getting a gold rank instead of platinum for 100% completing the game.

Thanks for that compliment, it's actually an idea I came up with to spice up a retro event but it turned out that the event that was already there beforehand adjusted their rules to make space for a larger variety of participants, so I ended up making this a backlog event. :)

Welcome aboard, I used the first number since it's probably gonna be easier in the long run to go off of PSNP. 

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, that was a remnant of my planning phase. I ended up deciding against them needing no theme because it seemed to make it a tad easier than I had anticipated the challenge to be. I've changed that now in the OP. 

Thank you!? I've just started Ark: Survival Evolved as well on the Xbox One so I'll be doing that along side Just Cause 3. The lists are the same for both games on both consoles as I've compared them both side by side. I'll be super happy with a Gold Rank for Just Cause 3 just in case I don't finish it completely (those challenges are time consuming?) but I shall try my best! If I finish Ark, will I get a Platinum award as has the same achievements as the PlayStation version.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Was too lazy to find my memory card that has Gravity Rush, so I finished the Color Guardians platinum instead, so I have my 3D plat for the month.  Maybe I'll go for 2 more plats this month for the 4 game challenge ;) 

Congrats ^_^ 

Update: Have finally made it to Calm Lands in FFX, didn't realise I was so behind when I left the game. So hoping to have the game completed by the end of this week! Then can move onto something else and get some plats ^_^ 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Thank you!? I've just started Ark: Survival Evolved as well on the Xbox One so I'll be doing that along side Just Cause 3. The lists are the same for both games on both consoles as I've compared them both side by side. I'll be super happy with a Gold Rank for Just Cause 3 just in case I don't finish it completely (those challenges are time consuming?) but I shall try my best! If I finish Ark, will I get a Platinum award as has the same achievements as the PlayStation version.

That worst case scenario was in case you completed all the trophies for the game. Since the games have the same trophy lists you will receive a platinum rank upon completing the same trophies that would be required to earn a platinum trophy on the PSN trophy list. Gold ranks are rewarded for 100% completing games without a platinum trophy, including games on different platforms that have different trophy lists, so you'll only get a silver rank if you just complete the story without getting the trophies required for a platinum trophy.

Same goes with ark, finish the story ->:silver:, finish every achievement required for a platinum trophy -> :platinum:

15 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Problem for me is I don't own a Vita...

That's why the theme is about the software. If you take a look at the descriptions in the OP you'll see that everything is playable that has been released on that console, including remakes of these games, games later rereleased on a different console and games that were released on multiple platforms like Rogue Legacy, which can be played on PSV, PS3, and PS4. Therefore not owning a console on the list shouldn't pose a problem.  

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Problem for me is I don't own a Vita...

Everybody's all worried about the platform for next month and I'm over here playing Geometry Wars on my ps3. :D Isn't FFX on both the Vita and the ps4 now too? 

Don't worry @xFalionx, I'll leave more than one trophy for next month. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hemiak said:

Everybody's all worried about the platform for next month and I'm over here playing Geometry Wars on my ps3. :D Isn't FFX on both the Vita and the ps4 now too? 

Yeah, FFX and X-2.  Those are seriously the only games I haven't platted yet that are also on PS4.  Though I might have some more on Steam, I'd have to check if a few games I know are on PSN have PS4 versions with the same achievements.

But seriously, Vita does have a lot of crossplatform games and a bunch of people voted for it because it coincides nicely with the Vita 5th anniversary event and would let people get the challenge for completing a game for another event as well then.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

That worst case scenario was in case you completed all the trophies for the game. Since the games have the same trophy lists you will receive a platinum rank upon completing the same trophies that would be required to earn a platinum trophy on the PSN trophy list. Gold ranks are rewarded for 100% completing games without a platinum trophy, including games on different platforms that have different trophy lists, so you'll only get a silver rank if you just complete the story without getting the trophies required for a platinum trophy.

Same goes with ark, finish the story ->:silver:, finish every achievement required for a platinum trophy -> :platinum:

That's why the theme is about the software. If you take a look at the descriptions in the OP you'll see that everything is playable that has been released on that console, including remakes of these games, games later rereleased on a different console and games that were released on multiple platforms like Rogue Legacy, which can be played on PSV, PS3, and PS4. Therefore not owning a console on the list shouldn't pose a problem.  

Okay thank you for clarifying!? I'll probably finish Ark this weekend and play some more Just Cause 3 as well so I'll update you when I finish Ark!?

• Like 1

Just platinumed Trails of Cold Steel II, so that would change my rank for this month to platinum and that would also be two games down and also would cover the challenge for finishing a game for another event since that game was for the Let's Finish event for the series along with the winter backlog event.

Also I had a question.  How would games with unobtainable trophies/achievements be handled?  I started a game on Steam that turns out to have 3 broken achievements.  I can definitely prove this isn't just me since there's a forum thread on it.  If I get all the achievements except the broken ones would it be able to count as another 100%?

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Also I had a question.  How would games with unobtainable trophies/achievements be handled?  I started a game on Steam that turns out to have 3 broken achievements.  I can definitely prove this isn't just me since there's a forum thread on it.  If I get all the achievements except the broken ones would it be able to count as another 100%?

Congratulations on earning a platinum rank in January. I've updated your rank and noted your golden star. :)

I guess I need to update the FAQ and do some photoshopping for the star icons, since I currently don't have any but that has to wait a little longer because I just can't stop playing Persona 4, now that I surpassed the point where I stopped playing a year ago and I'm finally reaching new parts of the story. Peoples lives are on the line, you know...

Anyways, I didn't really think about unobtainable trophies/achievements/whatever when I planned the event but I'd say that as long as there is proof of them being unobtainable (for example via forum discussions) then as long as less than 50% of the games trophies are unobtainable, you'll get a gold rank for completing all obtainable trophies. 

You won't, however, get a platinum rank for games that have an unobtainable platinum trophy. Completing all trophies besides the unobtainable ones, as long as more than 50% of them are obtainable, will also reward a gold rank.

So before I was just lazy and not looking for my Vita case (with memory cards) and that's why I wasn't playing Gravity Rush, but now I actively can't find it, so instead I'm working my way through what's on my current memory card.  Over the past couple days I finished up Letter Quest Remastered (100%) and Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (plat/100%).  The first is 2D and the second is 2D sprites on a 3D environment.  Maybe I'll still get the 4 completed games in the genre this month.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I finished Volume yesterday, nice 3D top down perspective puzzle game.

Congratulations on earning your platinum rank in January. ^_^

14 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

So before I was just lazy and not looking for my Vita case (with memory cards) and that's why I wasn't playing Gravity Rush, but now I actively can't find it, so instead I'm working my way through what's on my current memory card.  Over the past couple days I finished up Letter Quest Remastered (100%) and Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (plat/100%).  The first is 2D and the second is 2D sprites on a 3D environment.  Maybe I'll still get the 4 completed games in the genre this month.

Man that sucks, I hope you find it in the end. Knowing the memory card prices for the Vita, that case is probably worth more than the console itself...

Anyways, congrats on earning a platinum star to go with your rank. :) That's 2/4 games for the challenge and you've got more than half of the month left, you can do it. :D

I should finally start making icons for the stars, now that more people are earning them. I guess the icons can wait a little longer though... 

OK, got New Little King's Story ready to pop for the Vita's 5th anniversary event. Story and all princesses done, just one spot point to collect and bing!

Working on my Firestarter run on Oxenfree. Kids have been occupying the PS3 lately so hard to keep working on Alice. May have to find something else for the 3D plat (since Oxenfree is kinda 2.5D rather than 3).

On January 9, 2017 at 1:18 PM, xFalionx said:

I've finally managed to get the gold trophy in Pumped BMX +, now I'll only need to wait until the 15th to get the rest of the trophies because of the gold digger event but getting the others is only a matter of an hour or 2, so I'm basically done. I'll also be using this as a title for the Vita's 5th anniversary event, so I'll leave it with 1 missing trophy until the 22nd of February.

I guess I'll get to start Persona 4 Golden today. ^_^

Congrats on getting Pumped ready to pop. P4G is on my pile too but I don't think I'm ready for the time sink yet. Got a course coming up in 2 weeks I really need to start preparing for.

• Like 3