NieR: Automata Demo Discussion

Xel

I played the demo and kept dying on the top down parts and to tell the truth it is just a big no in a game where you hack and slash in 3rd person one moment to top down shooter the next no word of warning or anything just thrown into it like nothing, I found it to be just a really annoying part of the demo and I could not past it as I got too confused with if I was hitting them with my blades then shooting them.

The gameplay was the basic as normal, platinum games doing their normal reuse, redo and print for attacks and moving away from attacks as well along with dmc reboot glide you can do I find it to be just boring now and wish they would just change it up like they used to in all their old games to a game that is hacking slashing it felt more hold the shoot button to win along with the spam dodge button over and over to never get hit while am fine with the dodging I have problems with it being boring, as nothing will kill you as long as you do that unless you go into the top down shooter parts then you will have a problem as you could end up going right into a enemy then away from them all, I think it was just a boring demo with nothing to give then reused things we all seen before in older platinum games like how from soft have been doing with the souls games reusing from the older games and never doing something new.

However before anyone jumps on me about how am wrong and their are right and all that bs this is what I think as the problems I pointed out is just what I think also the problems I have said like the top down shooter parts was in the last nier game and to me should of never been redone and needs to go if you ask me along with red balls that came out of minority report that can be easily shot away with gun fire and the bosses spaming it like mad when they are close to dying as well.

I just finished playing it. I thought it was pretty rad, as per Platinum games usually are. The boss fight was awesome too, and it reminded me of a Titan in 40k which made me like it even more. Soundtrack was also good so I can't wait to see what the full game has.

My only complaint is some of the main enemy fights felt like they dragged on. Maybe it was just me but after a couple waves of the melee enemies them suddenly putting the orb shooting enemies in just felt like it was a way to make it last longer. Maybe it is because it's a demo, but I'm sure the full game will be much better about it.

9b. What "Noctis" should had been. Was expecting a little more since its a Enix game. Gameplay was alright, the transitioning of sidescrollling to top down and 3d was very smooth. And the battles to cutscene back and forth was too, pretty smooth. The gfx could had really been better a bit. Felt it wasn't pushing PS4 hardware that much. And soundtrack was a bit bleh. It didnt give me much andrenaline.... But 9b is so smexy!

Prior to playing the demo, I had zero interest in purchasing this game, but after playing it and having a lot of fun with it, I decided to put this game on my "purchase later" list. Although, I was constantly wondering what's up with the cloak (?) covering the eyes part; like how can they even see with their eyes covered?

Edited by aznchibiz

just played it and i rly liked it. after i beat normal mode i tried out very hard and was suprised that u get 1 shot and i was even more suprised that u get sent straight to the title screen after u die. maybe it wont happen if u progress farther then the first boss. well im going to beat hard mode first tomorrow and then and ill try very hard again after it.

On 12/26/2016 at 6:40 PM, Liv3urway said:

Prior to playing the demo, I had zero interest in purchasing this game, but after playing it and having a lot of fun with it, I decided to put this game on my "purchase later" list. Although, I was constantly wondering what's up with the cloak (?) covering the eyes part; like how can they even see with their eyes covered?

"

• What looks like a bandage on YoRHa 2B’s eyes is actually not a bandage, but special glasses that display information for her. The glasses are part of her equipment right from the beginning of the game.

"

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/11/08/ps4-exclusive-nier-automata-gets-a-lot-of-info-on-gameplay-music-yorha-2b-origins-and-much-more/

Whut???

LOL love his response though xD 

http://nichegamer.com/2017/01/08/nier-automata-creator-yoko-taro-responds-to-protagonist-butt-controversy/ 

NieR and Drakengard creator Yoko Taro is known for being an oddball of a creator, refusing to show his face in public and donning a life-sized helmet based on one of his characters. His eccentric nature also extends to his games and characters, whom many fans (including me) love.

A recent controversy surrounding the existence of an in-game butthole (NSFW) to one of his characters hasn’t fazed him.

We conducted a thorough investigation into whether or not this digital sphincter actually exists, and ultimately came up with nothing. It’s purely doctored, or fan-made.

The short version: a fan took various mods made for Japanese developer Illusion’s 3D games and made an erotic version of NieR: Automata’s protagonist, YoRHA No. 2B, a model similar to the actual character.

As with any media, fans got to work creating more fanart, a good amount of it more sexual than the original.

Taro responded to the controversy in a way so fitting of him:

“Due to the 2B butt controversy, many outrageous drawings are being made. Collecting them to share individually is a pain. It would be great if we can group them together to make it easier to distribute them every week.”

You can’t deny that Taro’s games have adult themes in them, sometimes with unabashedly sexual themes as well (a character that’s a futanari is a minor example). This video is an example of the further-sexualized fan-version of 2B in motion.

So, in a time when more developers are reducing the number of potentially offensive themes in their games, sometimes even in response to negative criticism, you should consider supporting a creator like Taro.

• Like 1