Let's Finish: Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Just wondering if anyone is playing CS1 at the moment...Really enjoying the story so far. And I'm happy that I haven't forgotten some of the characters from Trails in the Sky. And also that one guy's voice *shudder*

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've only played the first Sky game. Waiting for the price to drop on the 2nd.

Not me, but I played CS1 recently enough that I'd be happy to chat about plot or provide assistance with tough stuff.  I pretty much went and started CS2 the moment I popped the plat in CS1.

And as far as my own progress goes, I'm up to the finale in my nightmare run.

Spoiler

To be precise, I just got to the infernal castle.  So far the only hard thing was beating Isra-Zamiel and that pretty much ended up amounting to a good orbment setup, the right buffs and a bit of luck in getting crits since that battle is more about being able to wipe it out within a certain number of turns because going longer results in it becoming pretty much impossible without a ton of grinding.  Dang, with the right setups Emma and Laura can deal massive loads of damage and that is just amazing.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Not me, but I played CS1 recently enough that I'd be happy to chat about plot or provide assistance with tough stuff.  I pretty much went and started CS2 the moment I popped the plat in CS1.

Hide contents

Dang, with the right setups Emma and Laura can deal massive loads of damage and that is just amazing.

Fie can get 100% evasion with the right equipment and quartz. Have Millium cast Art Reflect on her and she's practically invincible.

Edited by deepwater324
Wrote it wrong

11 minutes ago, deepwater324 said:

Fie can get 100% evasion with the right equipment and quartz. Have Millium cast Art Reflect on her and she's practically invincible.

You'd have to keep redoing the art reflect though and you need to be able to get enough turns to damage the boss, on top of that the art that gives it costs a lot of EP.  It's honestly a much harder way to do that optional boss when the easiest seems to be to maximize damage output to bring it's HP from max to zero before it can overwhelm you and Laura and Emma definitely are the best for that.

Basically I used an adaption of what the guide recommends for that one since I didn't have the Murakumo master quartz to level 5 yet.  I then added in beefing Emma's ATS up and giving her the quartz that gives her 2x damage with the first art used and a level 5 Pandora master quartz that boosts the power of her arts for an increased EP cost.  With that, Emma's most powerful art will do 200-300k damage without it being an elemental weakness.

Then had Jusis use Noble Command to boost strength and ATS.  Popped into overdrive with Rean and Laura (who have a level 7 link for 1.2 damage in overdrive), had Laura use Radiant Lion.  Gave her a zeram capsule with Rean's turn, did it again.  Then had Emma and Jusis go into overdrive, had Emma use her most powerful art.  Being linked to Jusis means he boosts it further, overdrive lets her cast immediately, boss went down.

Yeah, good builds in CS are a bit harder to do than Sky, but once you know the system, there's a lot of really amazing builds you can do.  Of course this only is needed in nightmare against a few things, most of the time s-crafts + burst + overdrive is enough.

15 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Reveal hidden contents

To be precise, I just got to the infernal castle.  So far the only hard thing was beating Isra-Zamiel and that pretty much ended up amounting to a good orbment setup, the right buffs and a bit of luck in getting crits since that battle is more about being able to wipe it out within a certain number of turns because going longer results in it becoming pretty much impossible without a ton of grinding.  Dang, with the right setups Emma and Laura can deal massive loads of damage and that is just amazing.

Will take you up on your offer because I still can't wrap my head around the bonding trophy requirements. I know I just need to fulfill one requirement from a list of 3, but I think only 3 of my characters are close to their bonding levels: Elliot, Gaius, and Alisa (Lv.4). The others are Lv.3, Millium and Crow are lv.2, Towa has 1000 pts (I think), and Sara I'll worry about in the next playthrough. 

Do I have to grind for points? I'm at Legram, Field Study Day 2. And I totally forgot about purchasing books for more pointage.

EDIT: Okay, so when do I have to have my classmates at max Link EXP? I'm a little confused.

Edited by Edunstar84

53 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Will take you up on your offer because I still can't wrap my head around the bonding trophy requirements. I know I just need to fulfill one requirement from a list of 3, but I think only 3 of my characters are close to their bonding levels: Elliot, Gaius, and Alisa (Lv.4). The others are Lv.3, Millium and Crow are lv.2, Towa has 1000 pts (I think), and Sara I'll worry about in the next playthrough. 

Do I have to grind for points? I'm at Legram, Field Study Day 2. And I totally forgot about purchasing books for more pointage.

Get the books for more points, you should be able to buy at least some of them when you get to Trista.  They may only give like 100 link experience, but every little bit counts.

Basically what I'd advise is to not worry about Towa and Sara for now.  Those two you won't be getting unless you don't miss any of their bonding events and on the first playthrough you want to make sure to focus on getting the character notes from the bonding events since you need two playthroughs for that trophy.  Focus on Elliot, Gaius and Alisa.  Elliot and Alisa will be present for the field study in chapter 6 so that will help. I'd also say not to worry about Crow's at this time as well.  He seems to be a common one to get on the second playthrough since you get his character notes via story, not bonding events.

Also remember you get a nice boost to link points with the end of the chapter, the practical exam, the old schoolhouse exploration, etc.  So I think you have a shot to get Millium's and you may be able to get some other classmates.  In chapter 6 go for the ones who get you the notes, though you could replace Towa and Sara with someone who doesn't get one and give yourself a chance for an additional trophy.  For the bike event pick someone who didn't get you a note but is reasonably close, probably Elliot would be a good one for that.  I'd go for the girls for festival tickets since the girls can get an extra 50 link experience if you win Mishy Panic and trust me, you have to screw up badly to not win Mishy Panic.  In the final dungeon bring along anyone who doesn't have enough link experience but meets the requirements otherwise, if you don't have anyone like that, then don't worry and bring your favorite.  Elliot is great for some of the last battles because Resonant Beat is an awesome craft that buffs defense and regens HP and he was a part of my nightmare party for the last two chapters because that is a godsend.

Chances are you're going to get at least 4-5.  Elliot, Gaius and Alisa are pretty much at a point of you can't screw it up and Millium should be doable as well since she has lower requirements.  I felt the same going into chapter 6 and I ended up with 6 bonding trophies my first playthrough and the max you can get in the first playthrough is 7.  I actually thought I was going to barely get 4 too.  It's just one of those things that once you actually go through the events it will make a lot more sense and you'll realize you worried for nothing.  That's because some of the stuff that happens in the last couple of chapters will give a nice boost and by the end of the game most of your classmates should be at link level 4 or higher with Rean, except maybe for Crow.

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, @Satoshi Ookami you can go ahead and put me down as the first ash knight since I just got the Cold Steel II platinum.

Wohoo! Surprising first one! :D

Congratulations, you are the first one to become Ash Naito! How did you enjoy the sequel? Was it satisfying enough? Are you hyped for the third one? =D

23 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wohoo! Surprising first one! :D

Congratulations, you are the first one to become Ash Naito! How did you enjoy the sequel? Was it satisfying enough? Are you hyped for the third one? =D

Very hyped for the third one and very much want more of these Ouroboros folks, even better if we get a couple from Crossbell added in.  I also hope Xseed can localize Crossbell before CS3 is localized because I get a feeling that CS3 is going to continue both CS2 and Ao no Kiseki.

Any suggestions for beating Nosferatu? My main party is Rean, Emma, Laura, and Gaius. They are around Lv.48, and I'm using the accessories that the guide suggests. Maybe I'm too underleveled? Also, I can't seem to increase CP  to 200 for Laura and Gaius. 

EDIT: Nevermind. The power of the Internet strikes again. I won. I don't know how. Emma was my saviour!!

Edited by Edunstar84

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Any suggestions for beating Nosferatu? My main party is Rean, Emma, Laura, and Gaius. They are around Lv.48, and I'm using the accessories that the guide suggests. Maybe I'm too underleveled? Also, I can't seem to increase CP  to 200 for Laura and Gaius. 

EDIT: Nevermind. The power of the Internet strikes again. I won. I don't know how. Emma was my saviour!!

Even though you figured this one out already, it's worth mentioning for the future that a single attack that does a lot of damage will release the character it uses Soul Pinion on.  There will be a later boss that is similar to Nosferatu so knowing the basic strategy is a good idea.  In CS1 this will pretty much have to be a S-Craft from a heavy hitter like Rean or Laura because you need to do around 5-6k damage to force the person to be released.  You'll also run into it in CS2 a couple of times, but by then you should have characters able to do that much damage with a regular attack.

Soul Pinion is the big part of what makes Nosferatu and the other bosses that use it difficult.  Because it removes one character, undoes the link and drains the character and heals the boss.  Bosses that can heal are always the biggest pains.  So the key is to keep someone who can do that much damage at or above 100CP so you can S-Break as needed or have some zeram powders on hand (which will be  necessary thing on your nightmare run).

Well, that sucks! I missed a book in Roer. Massive sadness! Don't feel like going back. Don't know how I missed it, since I've been meticulous with everything so far. Hopefully I can get the treasure trophy. Since there's a system data, could I theoretically buy it, and it will show me "having" it in another save file? Sort of like Conception II?

Edited by Edunstar84

I just started Cold Steel II over the weekend, so I'll be working on that from now on. I was kinda hoping some stuff would carry over from my clear data from the first game (not just a bonus), but I guess it's better it didn't because my clear data was far from perfect. :P

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, that sucks! I missed a book in Roer. Massive sadness! Don't feel like going back. Don't know how I missed it, since I've been meticulous with everything so far. Hopefully I can get the treasure trophy. Since there's a system data, could I theoretically buy it, and it will show me "having" it in another save file? Sort of like Conception II?

In the final chapter go to Micht's Pawn Shop and then select "Inspect Curios" and you may have the option to buy the book there.  That is the actual purpose to the pawn shop is to let you get stuff you may have missed out on.

I don't know if it's in system data, but you'll have the option to carry over notes and items and books would be carried over with those. 

10 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

In the final chapter go to Micht's Pawn Shop and then select "Inspect Curios" and you may have the option to buy the book there.  That is the actual purpose to the pawn shop is to let you get stuff you may have missed out on.

I don't know if it's in system data, but you'll have the option to carry over notes and items and books would be carried over with those. 

I did a search, and I think it only applies to the Red Moon Rose books. I'm missing the newspaper one. Will it still show up at the pawn shop?

11 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I did a search, and I think it only applies to the Red Moon Rose books. I'm missing the newspaper one. Will it still show up at the pawn shop?

Not sure about that one since I didn't miss it.  But since it only becomes available in Roer it might be possible you'll be able to get it somehow in the final chapter still whether it be that multiple issues will be for sale or you can grab it at the pawn shop.  If not, the books are contained in the notes, though the newspapers don't carry over as items from what I remember in CS1 (in CS2 they do) and it is more filling up the book section of your notes that nets the trophy.