Satoshi Ookami

Let's Finish: Sen no Kiseki/Trails of Cold Steel

160 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2017 at 6:30 AM, ladynadiad said:

 

You'd have to keep redoing the art reflect though and you need to be able to get enough turns to damage the boss, on top of that the art that gives it costs a lot of EP.  It's honestly a much harder way to do that optional boss when the easiest seems to be to maximize damage output to bring it's HP from max to zero before it can overwhelm you and Laura and Emma definitely are the best for that.

 

Basically I used an adaption of what the guide recommends for that one since I didn't have the Murakumo master quartz to level 5 yet.  I then added in beefing Emma's ATS up and giving her the quartz that gives her 2x damage with the first art used and a level 5 Pandora master quartz that boosts the power of her arts for an increased EP cost.  With that, Emma's most powerful art will do 200-300k damage without it being an elemental weakness.

 

Then had Jusis use Noble Command to boost strength and ATS.  Popped into overdrive with Rean and Laura (who have a level 7 link for 1.2 damage in overdrive), had Laura use Radiant Lion.  Gave her a zeram capsule with Rean's turn, did it again.  Then had Emma and Jusis go into overdrive, had Emma use her most powerful art.  Being linked to Jusis means he boosts it further, overdrive lets her cast immediately, boss went down.

 

Yeah, good builds in CS are a bit harder to do than Sky, but once you know the system, there's a lot of really amazing builds you can do.  Of course this only is needed in nightmare against a few things, most of the time s-crafts + burst + overdrive is enough.

I'm heading into the last dungeon. I was fortunate to get 2 ores for the ultimate weapons (I used it for Rean and Laura), and I'm planning on getting the last 3 ore shards for...maybe Fie or Emma or Alisa. I've read about different builds for the last boss but haven't decided on what quartz build I'll go with. 

 

Just know that I want Laura to be as powerful and Fie to be as fast and evasive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm heading into the last dungeon. I was fortunate to get 2 ores for the ultimate weapons (I used it for Rean and Laura), and I'm planning on getting the last 3 ore shards for...maybe Fie or Emma or Alisa. I've read about different builds for the last boss but haven't decided on what quartz build I'll go with. 

 

Just know that I want Laura to be as powerful and Fie to be as fast and evasive.

 

Well, we were talking about CS2 builds, but the good one for Laura in CS2 is somewhat doable in CS1.  You want to give her the Murakumo master quartz which increases her crits and then otherwise build for strength.  Laura is especially good in a party with characters who can give strength buffs with their crafts.  You won't be able to get some of the quarz we mentioned where you get 2x damage for the first attack/craft used and boosts for higher or lower level foes, but boosting her crits and strength is a solid build for Laura.

 

Though one interesting build for Fie would be to boost her evasion as much as possible and give her the Chevalier master quartz (it's one of the rewards for the Lionheart medal, you want to pick Neithardt's master quartz to get that one).  Chevalier makes enemies more likely to attack her and amounts to pretty much anything that isn't full field AOE will target her.  Combine that with awesome evasion and enemies can't touch you.  I found that to be a nice master quartz to have on someone in nightmare because it made healing much easier to have one person more likely to be the target rather than anyone could be.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

 

Well, we were talking about CS2 builds, but the good one for Laura in CS2 is somewhat doable in CS1.  You want to give her the Murakumo master quartz which increases her crits and then otherwise build for strength.  Laura is especially good in a party with characters who can give strength buffs with their crafts.  You won't be able to get some of the quarz we mentioned where you get 2x damage for the first attack/craft used and boosts for higher or lower level foes, but boosting her crits and strength is a solid build for Laura.

 

Though one interesting build for Fie would be to boost her evasion as much as possible and give her the Chevalier master quartz (it's one of the rewards for the Lionheart medal, you want to pick Neithardt's master quartz to get that one).  Chevalier makes enemies more likely to attack her and amounts to pretty much anything that isn't full field AOE will target her.  Combine that with awesome evasion and enemies can't touch you.  I found that to be a nice master quartz to have on someone in nightmare because it made healing much easier to have one person more likely to be the target rather than anyone could be.

Well fudge! That sucks because I chose Sara's master quartz first...I guess I'll use that for my Nightmare run.

 

Also, I do have that 2x damage quartz. It's called Domination, and right now I have it on Rean but will put it on Laura.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So right now I'm officially working on my last boss build. I've decided to take Rean, Laura, Fie, and Emma with Alisa, Macchias, and Crow on reserve. I should be finished with my 1st playthrough tomorrow, Friday at the very latest. Which leaves me enough time to complete the Nightmare run before the end of January, hopefully. 

 

Just wanted to know if the battle tallies: battles won, rush, burst numbers, etc. carry over? I'm 120 battles away from 1000 battles won, and 5 bursts away from the trophy. Got the treasure chest trophy just fine. Wasn't able to get the Imperial newspaper before the dungeon opened, so I'm hoping it will appear at the pawn shop later.

 

There's just one thing I need to do; cross-check the monster data against the trophy guide to see which ones I missed. I'd like to get an overview first, so I don't miss anything in the next playthrough. From memory, I think I only missed a handful.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, all the battle stats carry over as long as you carry over notebook data (required for the platinum anyhow).  When you beat the game and load your clear data you just want to start at the top and select each item until you run out of points pretty much.

 

When you check the monster data, make sure to look very carefully because the monster will show up as long as you encountered it and you may even have some stats.  The last thing to be filled in is the description, so look for a ??? there to figure out what was missed.  Most likely it's stuff from the old schoolhouse in the prologue since those are easily missable.

 

Enjoy the wild ride that is CS1's ending!  Hope you can hold out for a second playthrough before starting CS2 because it's really hard to if you already have CS2 in your possession.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yes, all the battle stats carry over as long as you carry over notebook data (required for the platinum anyhow).  When you beat the game and load your clear data you just want to start at the top and select each item until you run out of points pretty much.

 

When you check the monster data, make sure to look very carefully because the monster will show up as long as you encountered it and you may even have some stats.  The last thing to be filled in is the description, so look for a ??? there to figure out what was missed.  Most likely it's stuff from the old schoolhouse in the prologue since those are easily missable.

 

Enjoy the wild ride that is CS1's ending!  Hope you can hold out for a second playthrough before starting CS2 because it's really hard to if you already have CS2 in your possession.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I don't have CS2 yet. So I won't be tempted! :)  And I also have to get my hands on an American copy.

 

Also, the ending was AMAZING!!!! Was like watching a movie almost. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to always comment in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has used their Clear Data save for CSII. I'm just wondering if I can use my 1st playthrough clear save rather than my 2nd. I don't know if I want to complete A0 level again because I plan to skip a few of the quests.

 

And also....*ahem* LAURA BEST WAIFU!!!! *runs for the hills*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Hate to always comment in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has used their Clear Data save for CSII. I'm just wondering if I can use my 1st playthrough clear save rather than my 2nd. I don't know if I want to complete A0 level again because I plan to skip a few of the quests.

 

And also....*ahem* LAURA BEST WAIFU!!!! *runs for the hills*

 

I used my first playthrough clear data for CS2 instead of my second for the same reason.  When CS2 prompts you if you want to use it it has you select from all the clear data you have so as long as you remember which is the first playthrough and don't save over it you can do so.  No need to do A0 rank again and all the quests when you only need half the quests for the Lionheart medal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

 

I used my first playthrough clear data for CS2 instead of my second for the same reason.  When CS2 prompts you if you want to use it it has you select from all the clear data you have so as long as you remember which is the first playthrough and don't save over it you can do so.  No need to do A0 rank again and all the quests when you only need half the quests for the Lionheart medal.

OMG...OMG!!! I was cross-checking my Master Quartz to rearrange a few as as it turns out I'm missing a couple. They're story-related, so I hope they turn up.

 

Also, how can you tell you're on Nightmare? I quickly pressed it without thinking twice and am heading into the few battles at the start, which are so easy! It just got me thinking that I'm on a much easier difficulty, but from what I hear Nightmare isn't hard a part from a few boss battles.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Also, how can you tell you're on Nightmare? I quickly pressed it without thinking twice and am heading into the few battles at the start, which are so easy! It just got me thinking that I'm on a much easier difficulty, but from what I hear Nightmare isn't hard a part from a few boss battles.

Nightmare Kiseki is easy until bosses so it could be it.

As for the answer, check your save data, it should show the difficulty.

 

Or maybe options. You shouldn't be able to change it, but you should see it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

OMG...OMG!!! I was cross-checking my Master Quartz to rearrange a few as as it turns out I'm missing a couple. They're story-related, so I hope they turn up.

 

Also, how can you tell you're on Nightmare? I quickly pressed it without thinking twice and am heading into the few battles at the start, which are so easy! It just got me thinking that I'm on a much easier difficulty, but from what I hear Nightmare isn't hard a part from a few boss battles.

 

 

You have end game weapons and levels more than likely on beginning game monsters, of course it will be easy!  I think you have to actually select the "i" next to the save to get more info which would show difficulty if the save shows it.  Monsters also have more HP and increased stats so you can compare the notes between games as well.  But yeah, Nightmare doesn't get hard until about chapter 5 and even that isn't too bad.  Chapter 6 and the final chapter were brutal and that's part of why I recommended Elliot in your party because Resonant Beat is a godsend in nightmare on the last two chapters.  In CS1 on nightmare the end game is more about being able to endure what comes to you since nothing can one shot KO your whole party, but they sure can give you a world of hurt that is hard to recover from so good buffs are what it's all about, strength buffs are especially essential since you won't even be able to damage some later game bosses without them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ladynadiadThanks for the tip! Will definitely use Elliot! But doesn't Emma have a similar arte? It's the KO one. I can't remember what it's called.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@ladynadiadThanks for the tip! Will definitely use Elliot! But doesn't Emma have a similar arte? It's the KO one. I can't remember what it's called.

 

It's Serene Blessing you are speaking of but Resonant Beat is a bit different.  Serene Blessing heals one character from KO (or heals a non-KOed character) and gives some CP.  Also, Emma can't use Serene Blessing on herself.   Resonant Beat is an AoE craft that gives a DEF buff and a HP Recovery buff, and works on Elliot if he's within the area you are using it in.  A DEF buff is nice enough, but HP Recovery is a godsend late in nightmare since that will heal the character for a nice chunk of HP each turn they take and that can save you needing to heal.  Elliot's master quartz also makes him a better healer since it gives a boost to healing arts.  Emma is great, but she's really better suited for damage with arts and Elliot is better suited for healing.

 

Another reason why I mention this is that one of the harder battles is in chapter 6 and you won't have Emma there.  In fact, a big part of why chapter 6 is so hard in nightmare is because your party is mostly squishy ranged fighters and are very ill-suited for the boss.  Keeping STR, DEF, and HP Recovery buffs will be key to winning that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ladynadiad As always thanks for the tips and advice! 

 

I'm at the beginning of Ch.4 now. Can blast through this chapter in a day, then concentrate on the things I missed in Ch.5 and Ch.6. And also the few character notes I'm missing as well. I'm at Lv.66, so I hope I can grind later on. I heard Floor 6 in the Old Schoolhouse is adequate enough.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I found a slight flaw in Hasegawa's walkthrough for CSI. I'm at level 69, and I've tried to defeat the last boss 5 times, using different techniques. And I can't manage to defeat the boss. I'm thinking you have to be at 71. 

 

Or is there a strategy I'm missing out on?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, I found a slight flaw in Hasegawa's walkthrough for CSI. I'm at level 69, and I've tried to defeat the last boss 5 times, using different techniques. And I can't manage to defeat the boss. I'm thinking you have to be at 71. 

 

Or is there a strategy I'm missing out on?

 

By last boss which of these are you talking about?

 

Spoiler

Loa Erebonius, the Drakkhen with your party or Ordine?

 

I'm guessing it's the first or third one mentioned since the second one is a piece of cake with the setup you use for the first.  Let me give you my own strategy for both:

 

Spoiler

For Loa Erebonius I went with a party of Rean, Alisa, Elliot, and Machias.  Mostly because I got used to working with that party and had a solid strategy from chapter 6.

 

My level was in the 70s though and I do feel going 70+ made the difference since I had a ton of trouble in the 60s as well.  I found the Chevalier master quartz to be useful in this because Loa Erebonius will always Soul Pinion that character unless they are KOed.  I used some shining pom baits on a lower floor of the old schoolhouse to build my levels up quickly.

 

The overall technique I used was not to worry too much about the character with Chevalier besides keeping them alive.  I gave it to Rean, but it may work a bit better to consider giving it to Alisa because her S-Craft won't release from Soul Pinion without a crit turn.  Keep your ranged fighters away from the boss and don't worry about the minions.  Mostly you want to keep your buffs up, keep people healed and ensure someone has 100+ CP (preferably Machias or Rean if you go with Alisa being bait).  Use your zeram powders and capsules like there's no tomorrow.  Don't use S-Crafts other than to release someone from Soul Pinion and once Soul Pinion is used, make sure you S-Break before that character's turn comes up.  The buffs I mentioned for chapter 6 of STR, DEF and HP Recovery is a solid tactic, but you can ignore STR buffs in this one for your ranged fighters since it doesn't matter as much when you'll be pounding with S-Crafts more here.  But pretty much treat this like the final boss and don't worry about using up your items because you shouldn't need any for the Drakkhen.

 

If it's the third one I mentioned here's the strategy:

 

Spoiler

For Ordine the trick here is to get Rean's CP up above 90 and then use Morning Moon.  That's it.  The rest is up to your luck in getting follow ups with your counters there.  If you don't do this, you won't last long enough to take out enough HP to win.  If you made it through everything else you can do this, but it may take a few tries to get lucky enough to pull it off.

 

In good news though, CS2's nightmare run is way easier.

Edited by ladynadiad
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ladynadiad Nevermind! I got through it by watching a video guide, it just seems that my technique was wrong. Nice plat image coming in 3...2....1...

 

*What! I can't upload my plat image?! Oh, For the love of f...*

 

Heyyyyy, guys! Long time no see, lol! Well, Photobucket won't cooperate with me tonight, so.....I did it!! I'm a Cold Steel Conqueror. It only took me 150 hours, 39 minutes, and 35 seconds.

 

For now I will have to bid you all adieu (well until I purchase Cold Steel 2, US version) and leave this quote by my one-and-only waifu Laura:

 

And I swear to you, this blade shall not be broken! Not before it returns to your side!

Edited by Edunstar84
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Heyyyyy, guys! Long time no see, lol! Well, Photobucket won't cooperate with me tonight, so.....I did it!! I'm a Cold Steel Conqueror. It only took me 150 hours, 39 minutes, and 35 seconds.

 

Congratulations! You did good! :yay:

 

Wow, I thought I took my time with the game. I'm glad to see someone else take longer! The plat took me about 140 hours which is a lot more than most people I've found. Now I don't feel so bad about it. :giggle:

 

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

For now I will have to bid you all adieu (well until I purchase Cold Steel 2, US version) and leave this quote by my one-and-only waifu Laura:

 

And I swear to you, this blade shall not be broken! Not before it returns to your side!

 

Fie = best waifu. :awesome:

Although I'll admit... Laura is a close second place. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, Photobucket won't cooperate with me tonight, so

Don't use Photobucket and use Imgur :awesome: 

 

 

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm a Cold Steel Conqueror. It only took me 150 hours, 39 minutes, and 35 seconds.

Congratulations, you are the first one to become Ash Naito of CS1! How did you enjoy your first encounter with Kiseki? Was it satisfying enough? Are you already on the road to love Kiseki as the thread's creator? :awesome:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear, I must be the only one here who cares more about the hot swordsmen.  Give me folks like Viscount Arseid, McBurn, Arios, and Loewe and I'm a happy girl.

 

Spoiler

And I was a very very happy girl watching that duel between Viscount Arseid and McBurn in CS2.

 

I'm also very happy when Duvalie and McBurn bicker because the two of them are hilarious and someone needs to lock the two of them in a room together until one of them either kills the other or they make out already.  I'm sure it would be hot either way.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Don't use Photobucket and use Imgur :awesome: 

 

 

Congratulations, you are the first one to become Ash Naito of CS1! How did you enjoy your first encounter with Kiseki? Was it satisfying enough? Are you already on the road to love Kiseki as the thread's creator? :awesome:

I've been waiting for Legend of Heroes localization news for years! Years!! Although my love for the games doesn't extend to actually buying it on PC. Why would I bother when it belongs on a handheld. And importing is a no-go for me. Not that the language wall stops me, but the money to procure such fine jewels does. Anyway, I get Nihon Falcom moving the 3rd game to PS4. I was upset at first, but there were many frame drops towards the end. Nothing game breaking, thankfully.

 

 

27 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

Congratulations! You did good! :yay:

 

Wow, I thought I took my time with the game. I'm glad to see someone else take longer! The plat took me about 140 hours which is a lot more than most people I've found. Now I don't feel so bad about it. :giggle:

 

 

Fie = best waifu. :awesome:

Although I'll admit... Laura is a close second place. :P

For me, it's the other way round. Laura 1st, then Fie! Ahhh! They make a great combo in battle don't they? 

I spend WAY too much time on video games. I have to talk to everyone, look at the different views, grind probably more than normal people do, and sometimes, admittedly, I get lost.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I swear, I must be the only one here who cares more about the hot swordsmen. 

Of course, no one cares about male characters :awesome:

 

Unless it's Joshua.

18 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Why would I bother when it belongs on a handheld.

It belongs to both platforms :) It's been PC/handheld series since the start.

That's why PS4-only sucks so much :/

 

18 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

And importing is a no-go for me. Not that the language wall stops me, but the money to procure such fine jewels does.

Not enough love :P You should definitely jump onto import :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Of course, no one cares about male characters :awesome:

 

Unless it's Joshua.

It belongs to both platforms :) It's been PC/handheld series since the start.

That's why PS4-only sucks so much :/

 

Not enough love :P You should definitely jump onto import :D

I had no idea it appeared on both platforms. I guess I should wash my mouth with soap then. Hehe :) 

 

Off-topic: I hope for the 3rd game there's a map that accompanies the limited edition. It's sometimes difficult to get a sense of place when the characters refer to places.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started ToCS, finished Chapter 1 today.

 

it's going good so far though there hasn't been much story development just yet, just some character development

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A-Brawl3r said:

I just started ToCS, finished Chapter 1 today.

 

it's going good so far though there hasn't been much story development just yet, just some character development

Yeah, it's very slow the first few chapters. Just remember it's part of a trilogy. I assume it picks up a lot in the 2nd game in the beginning.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.