Is it worth playing?

Cellcrash1991

I was walking in a store today and the game cover got my attention when I passed by, so I picked it up. But then I read here that the game is still quite buggy and that it has some other problems aswell. So I was wondering if it's really worth playing the game ? I don't like to restart every now and then because of freezes, or lose progress in general. 

I platinumed the game when it came out and it had loads of bugs. i was playing on 1.02 update and was still bugs. there was one where i would try and get into another part of town and the load screen tok 20 minutes i thought it had crashed. It also has the occasional game crashes that close the application down.

The story was okay but it was nothing special

From my personal experience I had a terrible time with this piece of shit. Buggy as F@#K and had to restart a few times because of freezes etc etc. Only reason I forced myself to play this crap was because the end goal was the platinum. Otherwise I wouldnt touch it with a priests stick 

• Like 2

Overall I enjoyed the game but the mine was awful buggy when going for platinum. Been a while since I played it but think it was related to the shrines for dead miners. I needed a third save/playthrough to collect all the collectibles. Visually beautiful with an interesting story but frustration in the end was terrible going for 100%.

I guess I've cheered to soon and encoutered the first bug. Or I'm missing something i'm not aware of. It's about the projector in Miner's Dry. 

Spoiler

- I turned on the pressure
- I got the mug from the locker
- I found the cleaning tablets
- I hammered down the wall and found the arsenic
- I made poisoned coffee
- I disposed the arsenic
- I put the mug on the Warden's desk

Unfortunately, the projector is in 1 piece but still lying on the ground. Or do I have to do something with the code on the bottom of the mug ? 

I remember finding a key and carrying it around and dropping it in a random place, only to find out that I need it to access a room for a trophy, and the key doesn't respawn. So I had to look through every single part of the map to find the stupid key. Tip: don't pick up anything you don't need and carry it around :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, I've been all day trying to get that Projector completed. I was tired of trying things so I deleted the patches and the game data. Then I tried it again and.. it worked on the first try. So the patch does create several bugs too.. Anyway, i saved it and now I'm downloading the patch again. I guess I will be switching back and forth when I encounter some problems. :P 

Edit: Finished all projectors. The Miner's Dry and the last one (the one in the church) were the only ones that glitched on me. So with those I removed the patches and without the patches it worked. But other than that, i had no bugs, no glitches whatsoever, it was pretty stable. :-) 

Edited by Cellcrash1991

• 3 weeks later...

I think the story of the game and how it was designed was really good and something new. I really liked it.

At the end it was really moving and makes you think that people have real problems out there.

But if we talking about stability and optimalization of this game...oh boy...it's a disaster. It's crashing, many bugs, glitches, and etc.

The best part is Fast Travel...game freezes for like 5 minutes and you just wait for stage to load.... You would be faster by going on foot as the game is not so big.

But it was for free, so it's ok I think. If I would paid whole price for it I would be really mad.

• 1 month later...

Yes, for the easy platinum.

No, for the game itself.

Followed the same steps as PS4Trophy on youtube.

I'ts on patch 1.05 right now, even so:

• Waited about 10 minutes to load the warp from Pinwheel Harbour to Village. (2 times)
  • I had a plenty of framerate issues during the game.
  • I got STUCKED at the puzzle in mines that is a blackout and you need to listen to the birds and to go them, but idk what happen and my char at some point didnt move AT ALL, after 50 seconds trying to move, I realized that Triangle button maybe can unstuck it, and after going back to case and coming back, i could normally walk again.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished this game a while ago. Held back for almost four years after getting it as part of our PS Plus subs because of all the bugs that was being reported by the community. Just took one giant leap with the thought of the game just having fewer trophies and are more collectible based.  Followed a video guide by Alvin Hekyle with his Ether One playlist and it helped me net the platinum without any bugs at all. I'm also seeing a lot of other players completing it as well.  Has the latest patch fixed the bugs?  Or is the game more stable on the PS4 Pro? Just a theory as the Pro's GPU  can handle the graphic demands better than the regular PS4 - this of course is just a theory of mine.

Nonetheless this game is a true gem. I really enjoyed it, coming from someone who had recently just finished Tacoma and Kona - it's up there!

Edited by eispan71
grammar
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, eispan71 said:

Just finished this game a while ago. Held back for almost four years after getting it as part of our PS Plus subs because of all the bugs that was being reported by the community. Just took one giant leap with the thought of the game just having fewer trophies and are more collectible based.  Followed a video guide by Alvin Hekyle with his Ether One playlist and it helped me net the platinum without any bugs at all. I'm also seeing a lot of other players completing it as well.  Has the latest patch fixed the bugs?  Or is the game more stable on the PS4 Pro? Just a theory as the Pro's GPU  can handle the graphic demands better than the regular PS4 - this of course is just a theory of mine.

Nonetheless this game is a true gem. I really enjoyed it, coming from someone who had recently just finished Tacoma and Kona - it's up there!

I played it when it came with PS Plus and don't remember encountering any bugs either didn't even know this was known to have lots of them. But then again, I rarely encounter bugs and glitches. Maybe it's the way I play, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 9:15 AM, eispan71 said:

Saw this game on my backlog and wondered if I should start it.  Thanks for the review and links to some helpful guides.