[EU] Big Januray Sale

Sora9427

52 minutes ago, spikeCrush said:

I got Root Letter (PSVITA) for now. But there are other games i'm interested in, such as Megadimension Neptunia VII, Persona 4 Golden, Zero Time Dilemma etc.

When does the sale end?

It depends by the game, most of them the 21Th of January but some even already at 6Th, just check ont he game you are interested in, it's written when ti ends ;)

Edit: Oh Crimson already told, didn't noticed that.

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Lots of awesome discounts in there.

There's two games that tempt me a lot: Psychonauts for €4 and Metal Slug Anthology for €7. Both seem like a steal and I've never played through either, though I have played a Metal Slug arcade machine. Please advise!

Other than that, 50% off on Telltale's Batman is almost tempting, as is 50% off on Firewatch. Neither is compelling enough while my backlog is still big enough though.

Every time I see those sales on DLC from Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition, I'm reminded that I still have to play through them all...

Haven't played through either Psychonauts (not my kind of game, so I got nothing to say about it) and my experience with Metal Slug is the same as yours, as in from the arcades. I'll be getting Metal Slug Anthology myself, considering it's 7 games (MS 1-6 + an alternate version of 2)and thus brings the math to roughly 1€ per game which is great value.

Even if each game was utter shite, for 1€ would I doubt there'd be many regrets :P.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Haven't played through either Psychonauts (not my kind of game, so I got nothing to say about it) and my experience with Metal Slug is the same as yours, as in from the arcades. I'll be getting Metal Slug Anthology myself, considering it's 7 games (MS 1-6 + an alternate version of 2)and thus brings the math to roughly 1€ per game which is great value.

Even if each game was utter shite, for 1€ would I doubt there'd be many regrets :P.

I'm mostly interested in Psychonauts because of Tim Schafer / Double Fine, I like their work. Even the DF game I enjoyed the least (The Cave) was enjoyable the first time, it was just annoying if you wanted to see all stories because you'd had to replay a lot of the same stuff.

Yeah the Anthology price is cheap considering it's six games and a remake of one of them, even if each title (being an arcade game) only lasts an hour or two. I did like the arcade game back as a kid and it seems the graphics have aged well.

Still have a couple of weeks to think about it but I think I'll buy both, and wait with the other stuff I mentioned.

25 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Saw a few titles in there that are really tempting me.  Dishonored and all its DLC for under £6?  Has to be done. 

SteinsGate and Batman Telltale may also have to be bought.

Despite being as cheap as dirt, I still think I'll pass on Goat Simulator... :lol:

I'm also like it's cheap as dirt but not even sure if i should buy it tho . 

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm mostly interested in Psychonauts because of Tim Schafer / Double Fine, I like their work. Even the DF game I enjoyed the least (The Cave) was enjoyable the first time, it was just annoying if you wanted to see all stories because you'd had to replay a lot of the same stuff.

I played the beginning of Psychonauts on PC and can recommend it. It's a crazy action advanture game, a bit like Banjo Kazooie and similar stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I played the beginning of Psychonauts on PC and can recommend it. It's a crazy action advanture game, a bit like Banjo Kazooie and similar stuff.

Yeah it seemed like those late N64 era platformers, indeed. Combine that with Schafer's writing chops, and there's a game I don't mind trying.

I've got both Psychonauts and Metal Slug Anthology in my cart by now, I'm still giving me a day or two to think about it (I really want to discourage myself from impulse buying after what happened to me on the X360), but I guess I'll end up buying both.

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah it seemed like those late N64 era platformers, indeed. Combine that with Schafer's writing chops, and there's a game I don't mind trying.

I've got both Psychonauts and Metal Slug Anthology in my cart by now, I'm still giving me a day or two to think about it (I really want to discourage myself from impulse buying after what happened to me on the X360), but I guess I'll end up buying both.

I know your feeling.

I allready bought to much in this sale with Bastion, Salt and Sanctuary, Enter the Gungeon, Darkest Dungeon, Aragami and Gravity Rush Remastered. At least Aragami and Salt and Sanctuary were on my wishlist :lol:

And I'm still considering Root Letter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I know your feeling.

I allready bought to much in this sale with Bastion, Salt and Sanctuary, Enter the Gungeon, Darkest Dungeon, Aragami and Gravity Rush Remastered. At least Aragami and Salt and Sanctuary were on my wishlist :lol:

And I'm still considering Root Letter.

That's a nice selection of high quality games you bought so you shouldn't feel sorry for that. :D

• Like 1

New deals are live. Here are all PS4 and VR deals:

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection 34,99€

Battlefield Hardline 6,99 €

Battlefield Hardline Deluxe 19,99€

Battlefield 4 6,99 €

Battlefield Bundle 9,99 €

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition 19,99 €

Dead Rising Trilogy for 29,99 € (Each single title costs 11,99 €)

Diablo III Reaper of Souls 19,99 €

Just Dance 2017 39,99 € 

Mirror's Edge Catalyst 10,99 €

Need for Speed Bundle (Need for Speed and Need for Speed Rivals) 34,99€

Plants VS Zombies 2 GW Festive Edition 19,99 €

Plants VS Zombies 2 GW Festive Edition Deluxe 24,99€

Star Wars Battlefront 14,99€

Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe 19,99€

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition 29,99 €

The Last Guardian 39,99 €

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection 21,49 €

Robinson: The Journey 39,99 €

Werewolves Within VR 19,99€

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes 9,99€

The Brookhaven Experiment 11,69€

Loading Human Chapter 1 24,99€

Eagle Flight 29,99€

VEV Viva EX Vivo 2,99€

Pinball FX2 10,49€

Weeping Doll 6,99€

Pixel Gear 6,99€

Surgeon Simulator Experience Reality 13,99€

Ace Banana 8,99€

SUPERHYPERCUBE 19,99€

KISMET 4,99€

Well, I bought Metal Slug Anthology as well as Psychonauts, I might also buy the ICO / Colossus pack.

6 minutes ago, wickenex said:

New deals are live. Here are all PS4 and VR deals:

Spoiler

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection 34,99€

Battlefield Hardline 6,99 €

Battlefield Hardline Deluxe 19,99€

Battlefield 4 6,99 €

Battlefield Bundle 9,99 €

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition 19,99 €

Dead Rising Trilogy for 29,99 € (Each single title costs 11,99 €)

Diablo III Reaper of Souls 19,99 €

Just Dance 2017 39,99 € 

Mirror's Edge Catalyst 10,99 €

Need for Speed Bundle (Need for Speed and Need for Speed Rivals) 34,99€

Plants VS Zombies 2 GW Festive Edition 19,99 €

Plants VS Zombies 2 GW Festive Edition Deluxe 24,99€

Star Wars Battlefront 14,99€

Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe 19,99€

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition 29,99 €

The Last Guardian 39,99 €

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection 21,49 €

Robinson: The Journey 39,99 €

Werewolves Within VR 19,99€

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes 9,99€

The Brookhaven Experiment 11,69€

Loading Human Chapter 1 24,99€

Eagle Flight 29,99€

VEV Viva EX Vivo 2,99€

Pinball FX2 10,49€

Weeping Doll 6,99€

Pixel Gear 6,99€

Surgeon Simulator Experience Reality 13,99€

Ace Banana 8,99€

SUPERHYPERCUBE 19,99€

KISMET 4,99€

That doesn't seem like new deals, those deals were already there last week...

3 minutes ago, wickenex said:

You might want to double check because all the titles that I posted above started their sale on January 6th.

Well, today is January 6 and I definitely saw a lot of those titles on sale last week. Don't know if it was all of them since I am not interested in all of those titles but I definitely saw Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Star Wars Battlefront, Robinson: The Journey, The Brookhaven Experiment and Loading Human Chapter 1, so at the least those sales are old and probably more (my brain is never registering Battlefield sales, for instance).

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, today is January 6 and I definitely saw a lot of those titles on sale last week. Don't know if it was all of them since I am not interested in all of those titles but I definitely saw Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Star Wars Battlefront, Robinson: The Journey, The Brookhaven Experiment and Loading Human Chapter 1, so at the least those sales are old and probably more (my brain is never registering Battlefield sales, for instance).

Maybe you're mistaking the Ezio Collection with the other Creed-Collection that is on sale? Because PSPrices also listed those games as new sales and the PlayStation-blog also lists them in a new post:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/06/new-additions-to-playstation-stores-january-sale

This doesn't have to mean a thing as the Blog-staff is the laziest bunch one can imagine but PSPrices is quite reliable.