Games you regret adding to your trophy collection?

JasonFlexx

Here's my list..

• Darksiders [ I hate THQ ]
  • King of Fighters XIII [ To slow for a fighter in my opinion ]
  • Resident Evil 5 [ Everyone said it was so good <_< ]
  • UFC 2009 Undisputed [ Not a bad game I just didn't like it ]
  • MAG [ Don't like it ]
  • Free Realms [ You have to purchase a pass just to earn trophies ]
  • Final Fantasy XIII [ Just not a fan of FF ]
  • Dungeon Defenders [ Not that great in my opinion ]
  • Dead Nation [ Boring ]
  • Alpha Protocol [ Not worth my time ]

Why is everyone hating on DC Universe Online, I find that game fun and diverse... I hate how you have to buy an Ad-on just to earn trophies though.

Red Dead Redemption (western games are so boring)

You gotta be kidding...

Haha. I'm actually very surprised by his list too. Some great games in there, but they're not for everyone. I actually hated RDR up til about 15 hours in because I too, found it to be extremely boring. Of course that changed though and it was a great game.

I don't really regret any except Mushroom Wars. Eff the devs for making the online impossible now....I guess Burn Zombie Burn as well...

Otherwise I see my games more like a catalog of what I liked and didn't like. Sure I may not have 100%, but I'm ok with that because I'm not going to finish a game that I do not enjoy. :)

The most important part of gaming is enjoying the GAME, trophies are a nice addition after the fact.

• Like 3

I kind of regretting Warhammer 40K: Space Marines ATM. I started off on MP for a few matches and earned some random trophies (I have no idea what they were and wasn't even anticipating any to pop up). I jumped into the Campaign on Hard and was breezing through until I hit a room where you get the Shock Hammer thing and couldn't get past it after 3 attempts. I haven't gone back to the game yet but, I think it's mostly because it was a little repetitious and boring. I can't give up on it yet as I only have about 2 hours invested... not enough time to fully get the feel for the game (for me anyway). I will eventually get back to it but, for now, I kind of wish I hadn't started it yet.

Yeah, same here. While I did like the game, it's a real drag to sit there and plat that game. It took me 2 months to finish the campaign as it was extremely repetitive and casually spiked in difficulty every 5-10 minutes. If there was no online trophies, I wouldn't mind sitting through the grind and platting that game, but since there are trophies, I'll probably never pick it back up after the initial playthrough.

You gotta be kidding...

sadly im not i really wanted to like the game and i tried really hard to do so but for some reason western games and movies both put me to sleep the game did not keep me interested enough that i would like to keep playing it

Haha. I'm actually very surprised by his list too. Some great games in there, but they're not for everyone. I actually hated RDR up til about 15 hours in because I too, found it to be extremely boring. Of course that changed though and it was a great game.

The most important part of gaming is enjoying the GAME, trophies are a nice addition after the fact.

for me no matter how good the game may be later on if it does not suck me in right away i will either give up on it after i play it for a bit (a rule of mine is to play the game for at least 2-3 hours before giving up hope on the game) or try to suffer through it until i just hate the game. also if there is something i dont like about a game enough such as not being able to move and shoot in RE5 for example i will stop playing altogether no matter how interesting it may be because no story is worth it if i dont like to play the game.

and yes having fun is my main objective

• Like 1

sadly im not i really wanted to like the game and i tried really hard to do so but for some reason western games and movies both put me to sleep the game did not keep me interested enough that i would like to keep playing it

for me no matter how good the game may be later on if it does not suck me in right away i will either give up on it after i play it for a bit (a rule of mine is to play the game for at least 2-3 hours before giving up hope on the game) or try to suffer through it until i just hate the game. also if there is something i dont like about a game enough such as not being able to move and shoot in RE5 for example i will stop playing altogether no matter how interesting it may be because no story is worth it if i dont like to play the game.

and yes having fun is my main objective

Good for you man. I'm glad that having fun is the main part as it should be for everyone, but then again, each person has their own objectives (for some it's 100%) but I still feel that playing your games for fun comes first.

I did give it more time than most, but I'm really glad I did. It ended up being a great game. :)

• Like 4

Only DC Universe Online, I don't find it very entertaining and it is almost impossible to 100%

Can't complain about any of my other games.

Edit: Oh, I totally forgot, I absolutly hate football games, the only reason fifa11 is in my collection is because my brother entered my account by mistake and installed the trophies(FYI it's incredibly boring to plat) -.-

Edited by HardXDXtraga

Because I only buy games I care about, I only regret adding the games I know I'll never plat. I wish there was an option to hide them. :D

The games I'll never be able to plat/100% are:

Dead Or Alive 5 (legend survival, anyone?)

Fat Princess (the offline trophies are killing me. Don't really know about the online yet 'cause I thought I'd get the offline trophies first)

Ghostbusters (bought the game after the servers were shut down so this actually IS impossible)

King of Fighters XIII (nasty trials)

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (kombo challenges)

Street Fighter III (nasty trials)

Super Street Fighter IV (same as before, and a bunch of other things)

/edit: These are the fails I know so far, I have a bunch of games on the shelf waiting to be played, there's probably more there.. :(

Edited by Samis-86

Max Payne 3. Yeah, the presentation is good, but the game itself is just a boring rail shooter and the trophies are fucking ridiculous.

Street Fighter III. Sure, got it for free with PS+, but no interest in the game, and the trophies are too hard.

When Vikings Attack! (Vita). Really boring game. I'll probably 100% this since it's relatively easy, but it'll be a drag all the way.

Dragon Age II. I'll never come back to this atrocious game.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance (Vita). Piss poor Diablo clone with a 60-80 hour plat that is totally dependent on a nonexistent online community. I should have known to stay away when I saw "Gameloft" on the case.

Dungeon Defenders. I just didn't find the game any fun at all. Glad this one came along for free with PS+.

Hydrophobia. Another for-free PS+ game, I played it for around 20 minutes then decided it was crap. Doubt I'll return to it.

F1 2010. Despite being excited about this when I bought it, it never got played beyond the first race. No trophies, probably impossible to plat now due to the dead online.

Pixeljunk Monsters. Aaauuuurrrghhhh ... it's so bad ....

• 3 weeks later...