Games you regret adding to your trophy collection?

JasonFlexx

All editions of MLB: The Show (should've played them on a non trophy hunting account)

NHL 14 and earlier (again, should've used a non trophy hunting account)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier

UFC Undisputed 2009

Fight Night Round 4

The Last of Us for PS3 (only because I upgraded to PS4 and can't clear out trophy backlog for PS3 anymore)

Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag for PS3 (same reason as The Last of Us)

Definitely Child of Eden. Don't get me wrong, I love on rails shooters, but this one was... strange.

Oh, it sucked. I understand how people might like the aesthetic of the game, but I thought it was pond scum all around.

Anyway, retracing my steps on the PS3, I came across Proteus. Decided to give it another go, and decided to play it "as intended" (at least, according to its 16 fans). Turns out, the "game" is actually WORSE without goals. I can't fathom how this game was made in this day and age, let alone sold with a price point of $12.50 or so.

Anyway, retracing my steps on the PS3, I came across Proteus. Decided to give it another go, and decided to play it "as intended" (at least, according to its 16 fans). Turns out, the "game" is actually WORSE without goals. I can't fathom how this game was made in this day and age, let alone sold with a price point of $12.50 or so.

Proteus was free for PS+ for most people I think. The game definitely wasn't all that great, but it's basically a procedurally generated world that you get to explore. Unfortunately, this means that the experience most people have in the world will be different and usually not optimal. Beside this issue, the game also had issues in the gameplay department. Really not a whole lot of interesting things to do....

Apotheon:  Started it because it was a 'Game of the Month', but the art-style annoyed me, and it's going to be sitting at 1% for a long time.

You should probably give this game more of a try. I started on it one very late night, got one trophy. Didn't play it for a whole day, but when I got back to it, I did the rest of the game to platinum in one sit. xD I very much liked this game. One of the better games I've played on PS4. It's metroidvania, if you're at all into that, with dungeons a bit like Zelda. I highly recommend you go back and play this a bit more, even if you didn't like the art style. :P

Outlast:      This game made me realize I don't like horror games - self-explanatory why I have trouble going back to this because I hate getting chased.

I thought for a second you were talking about Outland, which is a pretty good metroidvania like game.

Dragon Age Origins (DA1) lol TERRIBLE in my opinion, just couldn't get into the story, the characters, the terrible controls

Lol at the big bold font. I didn't particularly like DAO all that much either. I got special edition and complete edition of it. -_-'' Most of the story wasn't all that great, so much... "vanilla" stories IMO, and most of the darker is just cliche. Some of the characters were okay though. One of my biggest issues with the game was the amount of glitches... I'm sure there is just as many glitches as there are quests in this game, if not more, because almost every quest has some kind of glitch related to it. Many of these glitches weren't that serious, but it did make the game less enjoyable. There were even serious stat issues, at least with some versions, and depending on patches and whatnot, that made one of the classes almost useless. There were several dupe glitches. They initially intended the game to have a party chest, so you didn't need to carry everything around with you all the time. They didn't include it, because it was glitchy. Instead, they included it in a DLC, but there too it was glitchy... Oh, all the DLCs, many of them was available at launch. The EU complete edition, that came with all the DLCs on disc, has one DLC that won't work with your game... You need to contact EA to make them give you a DLC code for it to download and install..... I even had issues with the EA account stuff and one of the DLC codes I used, it made me all of a sudden not get any trophies while I played online..........

Not even talked about the battle system, which was a lazy MMORPG clone.

Lego Marvel Superheroes, lego games suck. puzzles are hard and the game barely gives any idea what to do. Too many characters, boring story and gameplay, you cant get gameover... and annoyingly bad uzzles/camera angles in multiplayer and it sits at the top of my shit list.

Up. supposed to be a good game, said an old friend, so we rented it, and got 1 trophy. the game was super boring. im stuck with it now.

Driveclub - not a fan of racing

Dead Space Extraction - it didnt work for me, ive played on rails games before but this one was crap

Killzone SF - i rage quit near the end of campaign and literally warped the disc and bent it and broke it into a ton of pieces. i have no regrets on doing that. 

KH Birth By Sleep - the psp controls didnt transfer over well to the ps3

Prince of Persia - cel shaded and terrible platforming made it nearly unbarable for me. so i traded it in for $3 but stuck with 16%

Sonic Hedgehog 2 - never a fan of sonic games

SSX - was free but not too good at snowboarding games

Steamworld Dig - ugh

Tom Clancy GR, and Splinter Cell - not a fan of tom clancy games. friend played them and well, i got 3 trophies and was stuck with it

Transistor - overrated as fuck. boring game. 

Trine - B O R I N G

Velocity 2x - was playing anything when i got a ps4, and this crap was the free month game

White Knight Chronicles - seriously every trophy was a massive grind and NONE had to do with the story or single player, it was all online. such a retarded idea. now the servers are shut down too. good riddance.

Lego Marvel Superheroes, lego games suck. puzzles are hard and the game barely gives any idea what to do. Too many characters, boring story and gameplay, you cant get gameover... and annoyingly bad uzzles/camera angles in multiplayer and it sits at the top of my shit list.

Up. supposed to be a good game, said an old friend, so we rented it, and got 1 trophy. the game was super boring. im stuck with it now.

Driveclub - not a fan of racing

Why play a LEGO game if you think they suck?

And why play a racing game if you do not like the genre?

Those two are your fault bud.

I think DCUO is pretty annoying. Oh well.

Edited by Fierce_DeityX1

Duke Nukem 3D. Online trophies, but nobody ever played it online. Winter Wonderland doesn't save on the first stage so it's unplattable anyway. Glitches out a lot.

MSg me i can help u with onlines in duke megaton

For me SteamWorld Dig - Easy to find better online 0$ flash games than playin this overprized (bought it with discount) POS

Edited by Beliar4

Why play a LEGO game if you think they suck?

And why play a racing game if you do not like the genre?

Those two are your fault bud.

I think DCUO is pretty annoying. Oh well

i played the LEGO game because the wife picked up and wanted to play it together. She hasnt beaten it. 

Racing is hit and miss for me, depends on the game, i didnt like driveclub though. I dont know why. 

i regret trying either because they had easy trophies however i did not enjoy them once i tried them. Hence why im stuck with them. Kind of my fault, but eh, i tried them out i suppose :P