Games you regret adding to your trophy collection?

JasonFlexx

3 minutes ago, fantrig99 said:

Singstar. I accidentally added this game few years ago and never played it before. 

Hey if you ever get a PS4 you will be able to remove it from your PSN Profile, on the PS4 you can delete games with 0% trophies and I see your SingStar is still at 0%

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe? ?

• Like 1

For me it's Young Justice: Legacy.  I picked it up at the library when I had just gotten my PS3 so I didn't really understand the trophy thing.  I figured I'd pick up games that sounded cool and try them, if I didn't like them no biggie.  Then I played it and hated it.  Now it's just sitting there...asking me to finish it.  But it's so bad I don't really want too...

Sadly, Resistance 2. Would have loved to get the Plat for it, but bye bye servers. I'm sure there's a couple of others.

25 minutes ago, darkknightdevil2 said:

Mindjack- I saw the game at my local Dollar General for 5 bucks. After 10 minutes i realized that the game was trashed but decided to beat it anyways.

Yeah I had that with Master Reboot. Bought it off PSN for cheap, had no idea what it was. It's not great. Easily my most shameful Platinum.

Hmm... probably PS3's flOw... If not flOw in general since I feel a bit sour about it. After I got my Vita I decided to download flOw on it to try out the system (since I only had a few cross buy games to start out)... I found I really preferred playing it on the Vita. But it doesn't share the trophy list... Since I abandoned the PS3 version, this really irritates me.
I don't mind having repeating trophy lists, nor do I care about completion... but flOw is an exception because I didn't enjoy it that much.  

Next would be Race The Sun, simply because I found out I much preferred it on PC with the community maps making it far more interesting and enjoyable. I spent hours on this game on PC and abandoned it on PSN.

So pretty much just these three because I dropped them.

Edited by TheJadedJay
Added more

I don't care about my completion rate, so I don't regret adding anything to my profile in that regard. In my mind, 1/50 trophies in a game I'll never play again is still one trophy I wouldn't have otherwise. But I don't care that much about trophies either, so it's kind of something that's just there.

I guess the only thing I might regret in my PSN profile is playing Walking Dead S1 and 2 3 times between PS3, Vita, and PS4? I really only needed to play twice to see the different paths, so this was a bit of trophy whoring on my part. I do like Walking Dead S1 well enough to justify multiple playthroughs, but I never really liked S2.

Now on the Xbox my most embarrassing profile game is Dance Central Spotlight, which I tried to see how Kinect worked (I never had a 360 so this was my first experience with it). I earned an achievement or two and will never play it again. I'm sure those kinds of games are fun party/family games, but they're not for me.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Knack - PS4 / i tried it bought it for £5 was fun but then eventually i grew to hate the game 

Noby Noby Boy - PS3 the game was fun, but sadly 1/4 through i just grew tired of it.

Motorstorm RC - PS Vita i did not know what i was in for and found the game frustrating 

Remember Me - PS3 just did not like it 

Travel Bug - PS Vita glitched since it uses Near and GPS and a trophy for leaderboards that is hard as hell

Energy Cycle. I bought it knowing only that it was 'an easy plat' - which I have no qualms against - but only later did I find out it's only easy if you glitch it. I'd never used glitches for trophies before, so that kind of messed with my own rules. Still did it, of course (and then again on another console, because at that point, fuck it). 

Other than that, games which I earned a few trophies for and then quit, either because I didn't like them or because they were free on PS Plus. Lost Planet 2, Defiance, Grid: Autosport, Persona 4 Arena, The Witcher 3, Just Sing, Star Wars Battlefront and quite a few more. Also a few games that just didn't run properly - Fort Defence on Vita, which caused some nasty system crashes, and Godzilla PS4 which kept freezing at the same spot. 

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

Singstar; my daughter popped it in while I was at work. This was before Sony let us delete games at 0% completion, so I unlocked a few trophies to get something out of it. AND THEN Sony said you can delete games @0%. 2639.png

This was one of my biggest /facepalm moments in gaming . . .

Lol! That's glorious!!! 

Same here, all my regrets are games I either let my son play, before I realised how much I was going to use my profile, or games I let other people play such as lame Madden on my profile before I forgot to switch users so now...... stuck with a definite chance of never getting 100%. 

On the other hand I use my sons profile to play games I know I either won't plat or can't plat but want to play none the less. Wish I was hip to this kinda stuff early on ?

11 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Lol! That's glorious!!! 

Same here, all my regrets are games I either let my son play, before I realised how much I was going to use my profile, or games I let other people play such as lame Madden on my profile before I forgot to switch users so now...... stuck with a definite chance of never getting 100%. 

On the other hand I use my sons profile to play games I know I either won't plat or can't plat but want to play none the less. Wish I was hip to this kinda stuff early on ?

My Sister and Brother were visiting once and started Trine 2: Complete Story on my account and unlocked a few trophies. The platinum for that game is actually pretty hard due to Hardcore mode (No death run.) After much frustration I managed to get it in the end but I may have never played it otherwise. (It's the rarest platinum I have on my profile still to this day)

But yeah I walked downstairs one morning and they were playing and I was just thinking in my head "You fuckers, do you have any idea how hard the Plat is for that game!?" of course no one would understand that if I said it ... So I kept my thoughts to myself and tried to pretend it was totally ok they were playing games on my PS4 without asking ... you know, like a normal person :P

Edited by tpepper1985
  • Like 3

NCAA 10 - Got it cheap a couple of years back before I became a didcated trophy hunter. Popped a few easy trophies. Even back then the servers were closed lol. 

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Technically a possible plat, but man it's bad. And it's buggy too. Bleh, i'm not playing that boring mess again.

Bulletstorm - Was working on this back in may of 2014, but lost interest. It's impossible now, but the game is pretty good ? 

1. The Last of Us Remastered - already got the platinum on the PS3, I'm not the kind who gets multiple platinums for the same game ?
  2. AC Freedom Cry, Hitman 2016 etc. that do not have platinum trophies! ?
  3. Alienation - Hardcore Mode save file corrupted, sworn to never touch the game again ?
  4. Helldivers - fucking hate the friendly kill system! ?
  5. Tearaway Unfolded, LBP3 etc. so called 'family-friendly' kids games ?

2 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

Hey if you ever get a PS4 you will be able to remove it from your PSN Profile, on the PS4 you can delete games with 0% trophies and I see your SingStar is still at 0%

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe? 1f600.png

The Playstation App for Android/iOS lets you delete 0% trophy lists from your profile. No need to buy a PS4.