Games you regret adding to your trophy collection?

JasonFlexx

Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - fun and addictive at first, then repetitive and the trophies take to long are are based on luck.

Metal gear solid 3 - dont see why the franchise gets so much love. Got bored with its stale gameplay.

Unit 13 - No story just spec ops type missions. reuses the same 4-5 levels for the 36 missions.

Why play something you're not a fan of?

How do you think I know I'm not a fan? By the playing the game. Sure the games aren't bad, I just don't like the series.

Dragon Age: Origins (Difficult)

WWE '12 (Difficult)

I thought these 2 were pretty easy. Though I haven't plat'd DA: O yet, it's still easy, in my opinion.

Games I really regret adding on my trophy lists:

Dead or Alive 5 :shakefist:

• 10 - 50 invites- I had to try with random people because of the invite system's broken :shakefist:
  • Survival on Legend (up to 100 matches) - A.I. really cheap :angry::shakefist:

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron :(

• Downgraded game :o
  • Other Multiplayer Modes such as Capture the Flag- Need to have a good team for that. :angry:
  • Prime Directive- After Maxing all classes, you can unlock it but it resets the level of your classes back to 0. After Maxing them out for 2 weeks :shakefist:

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

• Still can't do 98 online matches :S:o
  • Getting the Luck-Based "S" ranks on each chapter on professional :shakefist::angry:

Final Fantasy 13-2 :o-_-

I have about 3 in my list that bother me when I see them there:

- Resident Evil 5 - Desperately wanted to like and enjoy this. But I just can't. I'm pretty old school RE in terms of gaming and I'm not a huge fan of the direction the franchise has gone in. I still maintain the greatest Resident Evil game was the GameCube remake of the first one.

- Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Same as above. What I find odd, is that in my teens I adored racing games (and military shooters). Now I lose interest in them very quickly. Tastes change I guess.

- Crysis - Seems like a great story with interesting suit mechanics. Didn't hold my interest in the slightest and I don't understand why. I'd pick it up and put it down soon after.

[Note: These are just opinions. I can totally see how and why people enjoy them :) The reason they bother me, is because I won't pick them up again and as a result are just left drifting aimlessly through my games played list. Kinda wish we could remove games from the list ourselves.]

Edited by Captain_Cutscene

• 4 weeks later...

I've got quite a few:

Astro Tripper - Don't really like it and I apparently suck at it anyways.

BattleFantasia - I'm not really into fighting games. It was free from PS+ and I downloaded it and started it without doing any research first.

Bomberman Ultra - This is another game that for whatever reason I suck at. As it wasn't fun enough to take the time to practice this is another big 0% for me.

Burn Zombie Burn - The game isn't terrible but it's not one I would enjoy grinding and it's way too hard. 

NBA 2K11 - Not a bad game in anyway but I just never wanted to take the time to really get into it. 

Pain- I got it free, I think there was a voucher for it when I bought my PS3. Problem is this game is pointless and utterly retarded.

Swords & Soldiers - Wasn't very fun. 

To combat having a bunch of games I don't like mucking up my trophy list I started a secondary account and try out PSN downloads and stuff on that one first. If it's worth playing then I'll play it on my main. 

Hell Yeah! (The humour was great! But..not my kind of game, sadly..)
Double Dragon Neon (never been a beat 'em up person.)
DC Universe Online (paying premium to get trophies. What the hell.)
Scott Pilgrim vs The World (Again, not a beat 'em up fan. And the trophies are just ass to get.)

Every trophy counts, but I'd like to delete...

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (bad)

No waay, SARPBC is the one of the deepest gameplay games on the PSN, excluding absolutely no game.

If you are talking about difficult trophies, okay, but if you are talking about bad gameplay, you should stick to the easy difficulty curves.

You could play that game for 2 years and still be terrible at it.  It takes just as long to learn this game as it takes someone to be good at football, basketball, soccer, or baseball.

Back on topic, I would say:

- Sports Games that my friends brought over from various years

- SFIV

- BioShock 1/2

- Hoard

- Mushroom Wars

- Any Game with Online-Based Trophies and Discontinued Servers

EDIT - Also, UFC 2010 for 'Kay. Tee. Eff. Ohh" and various other glitched trophies that require multiple sucessful attempts.

Edited by TruSolja

Mostly all those free ps plus games that we get like:

Double Dragon Neon

Sonic the hedgehog 2

sonic the hedgehog

Dungeon Defenders

payday heist

scott pilgrim vs the world

guardians of middle earth

quantum conumdrum

foosball 2012

nba jam on fire edition

retro city rampage

super street fighter iv

outland 

the king of fighters xiii

etc...

don't get me wrong I have nothing against these games but I just didn't have enough time to play them to basically earn any trophies. 

• Like 1