Time attack/Survival Thread

VirtualNight

Use this thread to ask tips about these modes.

I'm stuck with time attack hard 5, my best is 564 seconds left but I got only a silver medal :angry:.

I'm using the Zangief lariat, however I can achieve a perfect only in the first fight, because the AI never tries the ultra here. But in others fights, if the opponent uses the ultra, even if I block it I lose some HP so I can't get a perfect anymore, this occurs against Vega & Gouken (that I can't avoid with a jump).

For others, while waiting theyr ultra, I block but the AI always uses an attack that damage me in any case, so again goodbye Perfect, this occurs especially against Sagat, where if I don't stay very close he starts spamming the flames.

I use ultra/super yes, if the AI is stunned or after Akuma super.

EDIT: never mind, I had an extremely lucky run & I managed to get the gold with 626 seconds left, I don't know how the hell I did it xD.

Edited by VirtualNight

12 hours ago, LouTheDroog said:

This game is how old again? The info is all out there if you just do some searching around.

His English might not be good enough to understand what he needs to search. This isn't meant to offend you VirtualNight, you would also admit that your English isn't good. Cammy's spiral arrow also goes under the lariat. 

@VirtualNight

Now I'll be serious, the time attack you're talking about in this thread isn't that bad as long as you perfect Balrog and Vega and you can basically just spam them with the lariat, don't wait for them to do the ultra so you can block it, there are only a select few opponents who use their ultra immediately, they are: Cammy, Guile, M. Bison & Rufus. I got gold on this one with 597 seconds by perfecting Balrog and Vega and not worrying about the others, just lariat spam them, don't even try to super/ultra them, Zangief's super/ultra can be countered easily and you have to stand directly next to your opponent for it to work. The gold time is speculated to be 570 seconds so if you got that 2nd perfect then you'd likely be able to get the gold here without much of an issue.   

Edited by SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LouTheDroog said:

This game is how old again? The info is all out there if you just do some searching around.

I tried but I haven't found all the answers....

12 hours ago, grimydawg said:

You did Persona, yet can't even simply neutral jump (that's how you counter it) Fuerte's Ultra combo?  Pathetic :facepalm:  Also, you don't need to get a perfect on survival.  Just be careful against Cammy.  Her ultra goes right underneath the lariat...

2 different games, where in persona I have the wonderful FA (which is better than lariat) & I can block all the sp skills (or jump away or even counter with some attacks), & where I can't die because I block something, where the sp skills are much easier than utra/super; the pathetic one is you with these kind of posts -_-

3 hours ago, SERGEN NoGlitchTwirl said:

His English might not be good enough to understand what he needs to search. This isn't meant to offend you VirtualNight, you would also admit that your English isn't good. Cammy's spiral arrow also goes under the lariat. 

@VirtualNight

Now I'll be serious, the time attack you're talking about in this thread isn't that bad as long as you perfect Balrog and Vega and you can basically just spam them with the lariat, don't wait for them to do the ultra so you can block it, there are only a select few opponents who use their ultra immediately, they are: Cammy, Guile, M. Bison & Rufus. I got gold on this one with 597 seconds by perfecting Balrog and Vega and not worrying about the others, just lariat spam them, don't even try to super/ultra them, Zangief's super/ultra can be countered easily and you have to stand directly next to your opponent for it to work. The gold time is speculated to be 570 seconds so if you got that 2nd perfect then you'd likely be able to get the gold here without much of an issue.   

I know that my english isn't good, who said that it is? lol, but in the respect of the next one the bad knowledge of a language must be respected :)

I don't have problems with Cammy, I found on internet how to fight her, although it takes some time.

As I wrote before I had some luck & I passed this time attack, althoug even Vega kept using his ultra whenever he could.

In my opinion the Zangief ultra is very good, surely is better use it only when the opponent is stunned or if he uses an ultra that gives a clear opening (like the Akuma one), I use the ultra too if I'm on ground, so that usually I can grab the opponent & punish them (not aways it works but is better try it because of the time); luck is important, because you need that some of the opponents use theyr ultra quickly (if I just keep attacking, 90% of the time all opponents use theyr ultra, even those that don't use them immediately, exception for Balrog), so without standing in front of you without attack for too much time.

The expression of the face & the movement of the body allows you to read in time what are they going to do, so that you can use the lariat if they don't go for the ultra.

However, thanks for the help, this is how someone should talk with respect without judging or attacking.

Edited by VirtualNight