Double Dragon IV announced

Caldor2K2

Well this is one of my first attempts at making a topic, so here goes nothing. I was just browsing around the net somewhere earlier (can't recall where) and I came across a Gamespot article mentioning Double Dragon IV. As it happens, its coming to the PS4/PC at the end of next month. I don't know about anyone else but I'm stoked by this announcement. The Double Dragon franchise was one of my favorites from the 1980s, and I could not even begin to tell about how much money I blew in quarters playing all 3 games back in the day at the local arcade.

They (Arc System Works) kept IV old school like the old games as it appears from the screen shots and trailer, but oddly it looks very similar to the NES version of Double Dragon II. I would have used the arcade sprites myself, but that is just me.

Its hard to tell how people will react to it, but being a retro style game maybe everyone over 30 like myself will appreciate it for what it is, but this younger crowd may not like it.

The announcement article while short can be found here.

Here's the youtube of the teaser trailer (DDIV stuff starts @ 1:09):

• Like 2

Man, haven't played Double Dragon since the original, and that game was fun, though I haven't played anything other than that. I know that there is Double Dragon Neon, which I do want to get my hands on at some point in time. Also, I'm only 21, so I don't know if I can be considered the "younger crowd" or if you're thinking something even lower, but I'm definitely gonna keep my eye on this.

Double Dragon <3

The only game I played back in the day was Double Dragon II on the GameBoy. I really loved the music but I wasn't able to understand that game and it took me several years to play through it (heck, I was five years when I got the game xD ). I'm really interested in playing this game as I also loved Double Dragon Neon (never made it past the helicopter in Stage 6 (?) or so) and I hope it has as catchy tunes as the old games:

And not to forget the glorious Mango Tango from Neon:

If it looked more like DD Neon(good combination of new and old), I might be bit more interested, but interested anyway. It should have included DD 1-3 to have even more nostalgia factor. On link op posted there was no mention of that happening. Wouldnt mind to get to play DD 1 as I missed it on Nes era. 

Might get it once it gets on sale. Not sure if nostalgia is strong enough to buy it earlier.