BlindMango

Update a Trophy List

1,105 posts in this topic

Top notch job, Mango. Could you report back whenever you finish editing all the banners so we know about how much time it took you to fix all of them? (there is a fuckload of them, i know).

 

Only thing I would ask for is being more tolerant about the tag removal. Think it would be nice to remove tags of games that still doesn't have their release close or even announced yet (ex: mercenary kings is to come for the vita for MONTHS now and nothing yet). I wouldn't want to have someone looking this site and then buying the game thinking it was released for all platforms. I mean, I know people should search before buying, but still, most of them don't.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only game I noticed with extra tags for systems that it will for sure never be coming to as the developer and publisher have confirmed that, is Escape Dead Island for PS3. It's listed as PS4/PS3/Vita, and was only released for PS3 back on November 18th, 2014. On PSN it does list that the trophy list is for PS4/PS3/Vita. Developer FatShark and publisher Deep Silver both confirmed before and after the game's release that it would not be coming to any other platforms besides PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

 

Woops, never mind. Ignore all this. Just saw that this was already corrected :facepalm:

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

Top notch job, Mango. Could you report back whenever you finish editing all the banners so we know about how much time it took you to fix all of them? (there is a fuckload of them, i know).

 

Only thing I would ask for is being more tolerant about the tag removal. Think it would be nice to remove tags of games that still doesn't have their release close or even announced yet (ex: mercenary kings is to come for the vita for MONTHS now and nothing yet). I wouldn't want to have someone looking this site and then buying the game thinking it was released for all platforms. I mean, I know people should search before buying, but still, most of them don't.

 

I plan to make it a little less strict after a while once most other things are done, but for now I want to I wanna focus on the other things. Also I'll probably say something once I'm done with banners, I did a good amount already, a lot of popular games and recent games and things like that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something's up with 結城友奈は勇者である-樹海の記憶 which causes it to always appear at the top of an alphabetical list. I think it begins with a space or invisible character or something.

 

For when you move onto fixing tags, I have these I'll post now so I don't forget:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut is only available on PS4. There was never any discussion about it coming to PS3 or Vita before or after release, which was now over 15 months ago.

 

不思議の幻想郷-THE TOWER OF DESIRE- is Vita exclusive, and that's probably not going to change any time soon since the updated version has recently been released with a separate trophy list, and the upcoming western release has yet another unique list.

 

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Only thing I would ask for is being more tolerant about the tag removal. Think it would be nice to remove tags of games that still doesn't have their release close or even announced yet (ex: mercenary kings is to come for the vita for MONTHS now and nothing yet).

 

Mercenary Kings isn't tagged for Vita and I don't think it ever was.

 

I think the Vita version was actually announced before the PS4 version was released in 2014, but they do still seem to be working on it. Just a few days ago they posted a video of it running on the Vita and have been giving updates on Reddit.

 

Edited by Shadiochao
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there plans to change trophy milestones with non-English names to their equivalents?  I don't know if this requires a rescan for the game or a trophy list update.

 

Here's two examples from my card:

 

Capture_5.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, I3rand0 said:

Are there plans to change trophy milestones with non-English names to their equivalents?  I don't know if this requires a rescan for the game or a trophy list update.

 

Here's two examples from my card:

 

Capture_5.jpg

Since this was not fixed by the site update, I presume this cannot be.

It happens to games that have Japanese list which became shared after localization. After that happens, it is immediately rescanned. 

However, trophy log, milestones and the trophy bar always show the original name.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blindmango that's alot of details to fix everything by the book. How long is this gonna take?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Blindmango that's alot of details to fix everything by the book. How long is this gonna take?

 

For games A - L available metadata is linked for sure and list titles are straightened out. These will probably be finished in the coming days or something like that.

 

Banner images are being recropped and trophy card 2 images are being applied in a way where most visible games are done first and it goes from there. A lot of popular and most played games are already done but will definitely be in the coming weeks, ultimately recropping all banner images and applying every TC2 image (including Japanese games) will probably take a few months.

 

You guys will have to let me know about having to rescan trophy lists and console tags being added.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this also for Game titles that need be changed? Like ones that only have capitals?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness still has Japanese trophy names if you click on the description or try to use the trophy guide. And it may be kinda late but Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 still shows up in Japanese too if you try to read the description

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Appappachai said:

Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness still has Japanese trophy names if you click on the description or try to use the trophy guide. And it may be kinda late but Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 still shows up in Japanese too if you try to read the description

 

Yeah this is something Sly (the owner of the site) will have to fix for guides to be like how it used to behave on the old site, I think this is on the bugnotes already :P Also the Dragon Ball thing has been an issue overall for years now with a number of games, I think it displays the default language on individual trophy pages no matter what.

 

Basically these two things are a code-specific things I'm unable to fix on the backend, they'll be fixed with time ;)  

Edited by BlindMango
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, I don't know anything about coding or all that. Just thought those games might've slipped through the cracks because they were either old or unpopular.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people always want to remove the beautiful Japanese from everything? :/

 

Anyway, from a brief look at my own account and it does not seem to be a code-specific problem but a trophy page/list specific.

Newer games that were shared and were rescanned no longer have Japanese trophies if you click on them.

 

Mostly older games are affected. For example, the same happened to my Senran Kagura guide. https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2587-senran-kagura-bon-appetit-hanzo-x-crimson-squad-trophy-guide

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Why do people always want to remove the beautiful Japanese from everything? :/

Because it breaks the links in the guides. The one you linked has broken links now because of it.

 

From your guide

Quote


It is also recommended to activate Ninja Arts whenever possible (for Gold Master of Ninja Arts) Although they can be easily farmed later on. 

Clicking on the link doesn't lead anywhere since it's trying to reach the Master-of-Ninja-Arts anchor.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kuuhaku said:

Because it breaks the links in the guides. The one you linked has broken links now because of it.

 

From your guide

Clicking on the link doesn't lead anywhere since it's trying to reach the Master-of-Ninja-Arts anchor.

Oh yea, good point. Forgot about this.

 

Time to switch it to Japanese :awesome: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we're switching uppercase titles to proper title case but are we switching Japanese titles to English? It's not mentioned. This one for example even has its English title on its thumbnail (would be Arcade Archives: Wonder Boy). 

 

Also there's an issue with WonderBoy Returns as it doesn't show up in search with the other games in the series, so maybe a space should be added to Wonder Boy like the others?

Edited by dell9300
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dell9300 said:

I know we're switching uppercase titles to proper title case but are we switching Japanese titles to English? It's not mentioned. This one for example even has its English title on its thumbnail (would be Arcade Archives: Wonder Boy). 

 

Also there's an issue with WonderBoy Returns as it doesn't show up in search with the other games in the series, so maybe a space should be added to Wonder Boy like the others?

 

Sly doesn't want to change Japanese titles to English for now so I'll change the name of the Arcade Archives title to English when it gets released in the west.

 

Also I changed it to "Wonder Boy Returns" to match the other titles ;) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Sly doesn't want to change Japanese titles to English for now

YAHOO! :D

Sly da man! :awesome:

 

What about the ones that were already changed?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw recently that the trophy thumbnail image for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier has changed and it will need to be rescanned, but i'm not sure if any of the trophy images have been changed as well :hmm: but it's worth rescanning incase they have been changed/updated too! :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, I3rand0 said:

The Titanfall 2 Platinum has the wrong name.  It should be "Mark of the Advocate" but is showing as "Welcome to the 6-4"

 

Yeah, people keep telling me about this, it's Respawn Entertainment's fault :P 

 

2 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

I saw recently that the trophy thumbnail image for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier has changed and it will need to be rescanned, but i'm not sure if any of the trophy images have been changed as well :hmm: but it's worth rescanning incase they have been changed/updated too! :)

 

Thanks, done! You may need to press Ctrl + Shift + R to reload the images on your browser

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2333-drag-on-dragoon-3/

 

Alright so I see the trophy names have been updated to the US version of them, should the name and list thumbnails be updated to the US versions as well? (Game is called Drakengard 3 in English, not Drag-On Dragoon 3 which is the Japanese name)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.