When back online after a long break. bad news boys!

JG-Ray

That's one of the reasons why I didn't like GTA V and RDR online since the mics are open for everyone so you can hear kids screaming and wannabe gangbangers screaming "YO BRUH I SMOKED THIS N***A ON THE SET!" Or worse, you hear a combination of the two, but also what sounds like 18-24 year olds arguing with both of them. At least it was when I played it and when I've seen other people play it. If they haven't already, RockStar should just make it like Destiny where you don't hear anyone unless you join their group or some kind of open chat. This would be a welcome thing in RDR2 and the inevitable GTA VI.

• Like 1

I never had much of an issue with RDR though. GTA 4 was probably the WORSE though.

Another thing that's been really pissing me off is doing heists with randoms. Seriously, we'll be playing on hard, go through a few times then finally when we're seconds from winning some jackass will throw a bomb in our faces..........

Stressful stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AIDSorHIV said:

I never had much of an issue with RDR though. GTA 4 was probably the WORSE though.

Another thing that's been really pissing me off is doing heists with randoms. Seriously, we'll be playing on hard, go through a few times then finally when we're seconds from winning some jackass will throw a bomb in our faces..........

Stressful stuff.

I remember it being an issue in RDR. Sometimes I would just be talking to my own friend and someone else butted in. 

I stopped playing before the Heists, but they seem more frustrating than fun if you play with random people. One guy I watched stream a heist took him three hours to beat that one where you swim out of the tunnels near the end because either someone kept drowning or dying from other things. There was just no teamwork and communication at all, and it just seemed like no one was learning from their mistakes. The sad thing is the heists themselves don't seem difficult at all but I feel like come GTA VI they will dumb down the heists even more and people will still fail them.

On ps4 side you can always start up private party chat. While being on party chat all chat voices outside party chat gets filtered out. This is my go to method whenever I play online games. 

Another option is to plug in headphones to ps4 usb port, turn down chat voice (at least some turtlebeach headphones has that option, no doubt others have it too) and not use it. This also works on ps3. Just be considerate of other and turn off mic so others dont have hear your tv screen or other noices from your house. 

Ofcourse this doesnt filter those morons out. That aspect of multiplayer cant be filtered if you use public lobbies. 

• Like 2

If it's full of idiots since the beginning of the online and it's still pretty active , it's gonna be always full of idiots until the online will be shut . Unfortunately that's the law of online games and GTA V is a pretty accurate specimen in proving that theory since i observed that behavior myself back in the first months of the launch .

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 2

On 29.12.2016 at 2:28 AM, AIDSorHIV said:

Moron kids running their headset next to a TV to screw around. Kids screeching and yelling.

I feel your pain, I have met many of them too.

On 29.12.2016 at 5:39 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Especially since there's no option to mute all players in a lobby

Cant you mute them in Menu - Options ...? I saw this in a few games where you could adjust the level of voice from HS in game options.

Edited by Saionji

1 hour ago, Saionji said:

I feel your pain, I have met many of them too.

Cant you mute them in Menu - Options ...? I saw this in a few games where you could adjust the level of voice from HS in game options.

You can manually do it, it's not exactly useful on the ps4 since you're likely using party chat. If you're playing the ps3 version, you can either manually mute each individual player, or not use a headset. It's best to just use invite only lobbies

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can manually do it, it's not exactly useful on the ps4 since you're likely using party chat. If you're playing the ps3 version, you can either manually mute each individual player, or not use a headset. It's best to just use invite only lobbies

Weren't there options to set the mic to "Friends Only", "Crew Only" & "Friends & Crew Only"? That way you would only hear people on your friends list or in your GTA crew, or both.

10 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Weren't there options to set the mic to "Friends Only", "Crew Only" & "Friends & Crew Only"? That way you would only hear people on your friends list or in your GTA crew, or both.

I'm 99% positive that there was indeed a setting of this exact thing on PS4, though I don't know about PS3.

One thing to add to the OP though, is that taking a very long or extended break away from GTA Online will lower your driving/flying/shooting/stamina/ stats. If you take a long enough break, you can possibly get $100,000-250,000 in-game cash added for returning (got $200,000 after 7 months of inactivity, another friend got $100,000 for 2 months of inactivity, and another got $250,000 for almost a year of inactivity)

1 minute ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I'm 99% positive that there was indeed a setting of this exact thing on PS4, though I don't know about PS3.

I don't have the PS4 version of the game and have only played the PS3 one. Looks like the setting is in both versions then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2017 at 1:20 AM, jaehyun1009 said:

It's been a while since I played GTA online but I believe there was a setting to change audio to friends only.

And also, this is why I don't play online with strangers.

Is there a setting to stop certain people from getting one shot kills over and over again or guys who can punch you once and you are dead? hahaaha