Puyo Puyo Tetris Trophy Discussion, Now in Glorious English!

Walt the Dog

This was certainly unexpected. After the game has been out for so long in Japan, a trophy list has suddenly shown up in English for the PS4 version.

Assuming this has the three extra chapters included like the JP PS4 version did (or they're offered as DLC), this will be another easy plat since the extra chapters, while not required to 100% Adventure Mode, will add progress nonetheless. I personally finished with 100.3% on the JP version even with skipping several levels in the last chapter and the occasional extra level. 100,000 Puyos is absolute hell, though if you have a turbo controller, there's a control scheme that will let you just have the game constantly soft drop and force puyos to the right, allowing you to essentially BS the grind.

Edited by Walt the Dog

One thing that's more or less confirmed is a Chinese/Korean/English version for the South East Asian Market. If they release a version for Singapore, hopefully it'll have English subs. Not sure if we'll see a Western release due to licensing issues for Tetris in EU/US.

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/11/04/sega-establishes-sega-games-cs-in-taiwan-localizing-select-games-in-traditional-chinese/

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/12/01/puyo-puyo-tetris-to-release-in-korea-on-february-9th-2017/

Going to keep an eye on Play-Asia!

• 3 months later...

From what I've been playing... This is going to be though. The Adventure mode requires players to MASTER both Puyo Puyo and Tetris and How to make combos. If you can't do that, you'll not even reach 70% of the adventure mode.

The grinding is not to much considering you'll be retrying each challenge in Adventure mode for 100% over and over again.

Besides this trophy list, a very fun game to play. A lot to learn, many game modes and one of the best couch coop I've played on PlayStation 4 with my friends. So, even for a "challenging" plat, I would give it a try ;)

9 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

From what I've been playing... This is going to be though. The Adventure mode requires players to MASTER both Puyo Puyo and Tetris and How to make combos. If you can't do that, you'll not even reach 70% of the adventure mode.

The grinding is not to much considering you'll be retrying each challenge in Adventure mode for 100% over and over again.

Besides this trophy list, a very fun game to play. A lot to learn, many game modes and one of the best couch coop I've played on PlayStation 4 with my friends. So, even for a "challenging" plat, I would give it a try ;)

I suck at Puyo Puyo and I personally managed the JP plat just fine. If this version has the extra chapters like the JP version did, Adventure mode shouldn't be all that hard.

6 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

I suck at Puyo Puyo and I personally managed the JP plat just fine. If this version has the extra chapters like the JP version did, Adventure mode shouldn't be all that hard.

How many levels adventure mode has?

Cause Im 70% (not all stars since act 4) and Im finishing act 6 now.

56 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

How many levels adventure mode has?

Cause Im 70% (not all stars since act 4) and Im finishing act 6 now.

There's 70 levels in the main game (Worlds 1-7) and there should also be 30 extra levels after the end of the game (Worlds 8-10) if it works like the JP PS4/XBO version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wdog-999 said:

There's 70 levels in the main game (Worlds 1-7) and there should also be 30 extra levels after the end of the game (Worlds 8-10) if it works like the JP PS4/XBO version.

I just checked.

I'm on level 70 with 147 stars. Im 70% complete. So I guess Ill need 210/300 stars to get this trophy...

Edited by TurtlePM

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

I just checked.

I'm on level 70 with 147 stars. Im 70% complete. So I guess Ill need 210/300 stars to get this trophy...

Yep, the 100% trophy requires 210 stars, so it's considerably easier than it looks if they kept the extra worlds in the localization.

8 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

@Wdog-999 is working on a guide. That should help. :)

It's been done for two days now (submitted it on the afternoon of the 29th IIRC). It's just been in the queue for an oddly long time.

While I technically offer tips for general survival of each stage type for the Historian trophy, the tips are geared towards ending the match ASAP, which may help with three stars.

Edited by Wdog-999

32 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

For some reason it's only available on disc for PS4, but it should be out in all western regions now

Dang, was hoping to find it digital since I can't find a physical copy. Well, here's hoping it'll appear in tomorrow's PSN store update :/