General Questions about Co-op Missions / Collectibles

B1rvine

So, I'm about to start this game... It looks stressful, trophy-wise, and I just want to get it over with as fast as possible.  Reading up, I see there's coop missions and various collectibles that you can only do while in coop mode.  I'd like to play solo as much as possible, but I do have someone else in my house to play the coop parts with.  I have two PS3's and two copies of this. So without knowing anything about how it works I'd like to ask:  

Can my coop partner join in at any time, do the parts that require they be there, then leave, regardless of their progress in the game on their system?  

My partner is also not really interested in the game, and would only be helping me for trophies, and has limited time... so how difficult would it be for me to play both controllers in these sections?  I'd be doing the easiest difficulty the first time thru.

Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

It does have drop in and out coop, but I think you might need to be in the same area story wide to make it work. Don't quote me on that though. 

You should be able to do most of it with one controller, most of it shouldn't be too bad if you're on easy.  Although there's at least one part during one of the specific coop sections that I think both people are forced to be fighting different things at the same time, without going into specifics. As long as you can get your partner to help with that part, (it might be a few fights in one specific mission) you should be able to make it work. 

Sorry for the lack of specifics, I haven't played the game in like 2 or 3 years. 

Tell you what, try it your way, and if you can't make it work hit me up. They don't take that long so I could probably help as long as my saves are still good and we can find a time. 

Edit: there is a DLC trophy for doing a specific number of revives on your partner, but I don't know if you need to be in the DLC, or just have the DLC installed, or what. I didn't earn it, but I don't own the DLC and as far as I remember none of my partners or I ever died during coop. :dunno:

Edited by Hemiak

• 1 year later...

ok if i'm going to do the devils horn exploit , now im doing normal so if i do classic after this will it be in a new save or overwriting my normal save hence all my collacable progress will be reseted ?!

so can i do normal then NG+ normal with a boosting partner to get all the co op n collectable stuff out of the way then i delete the game data before i start classic mode and be offline till i finish it to get DevilsHorns .

what the best to use on classic mode besides the plasma cutter .

also when i play co op if i pick a log or any collectables will it register for both me and my partner that we picked it up ??