MW2 Spec Ops

SolidJD

I think its a common issue, when I played those spec ops I had an incredible lag with some people while with some others we had little lag and could go through these missions. Try playing with other people and see if its manageable. It may not be your internet connection that is at fault but Activision servers, almost all CoD games have their servers hacked btw today especially on ps3 and people can autopop your trophies if you join random lobbies.It looks like Activision only care about their newest CoD's server status.

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure it's because that the MW2 servers are unstable for PS3 and Infinity Ward decided to do nothing about it. Anyone who tries to play spec ops online will experience lag no matter what.

Edited by Matthew

I guess it is best to do the missions solo. I've never actually tried spec ops online but I've seen the lag happens although it might be bearable on the two missions that require two players. But that's just what I think 

It has been like this since 2013 (from what I've heard). Before I got the plat, I played with like about 10 different people to help me finish the missions on Veteran. No matter how close you and your friend are, even if you're self-boosting with your second PS3 in the same house, the lag would still be disastrously annoying. Doing them on Solo isn't that hard, YouTube is always a source. The only missions that kicked my ass, where High Explosive, Snatch & Grab, Overwatch and Big Brother. 

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, OnePieceDude said:

I got it last night solo. Apparently people are like hacking in the online multiplayer and unlocking other trophies so I would be careful not to go to online. 

Not sure they can actually unlock other people's trophies in this game though, but they do a lot of other stuff.

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Not sure they can actually unlock other people's trophies in this game though, but they do a lot of other stuff.

I thought that's what another form said? It scarred the hell out of me cuz I hadn't attempted Wetwork in years and I wanted to play online to ease myself in.

On 29/12/2016 at 1:23 PM, SolidJD said:

Does anyone know if the MW2 Spec Ops has issues when playing online? 

I was playing it last night with a friend and we both have good internet connections, yet, it was just unplayable. 

The spec ops are Peer-to-peer, so switch hosts and see if it works better.

It doesn't matter if your respective connections are good if you two live too far away from each other or your NAT is restricted.

Alright. Let's clear some stuff about MW2 Spec Ops up...

You can play online with MW2  Spec Ops, but you need to invite a friend into your party to do so. 

The reason it lags is unlike every other Call of Duty (including MW2 multiplayer) in which there is a single host, Spec Ops runs off a dual host network. So data is constantly being transmitted between both accounts playing Spec Ops together, causing lag in most cases. Unless you AND your partner have God-tier internet, you should expect it to lag. 

Honestly, learning to do everything solo (including using two controllers on the two co-op only  missions) is sooooo much easier! There is even a thread which explains how to do it. Any questions, feel free to PM me!

On 29/12/2016 at 9:28 AM, Saionji said:

almost all CoD games have their servers hacked btw today especially on ps3 and people can autopop your trophies if you join random lobbies.It looks like Activision only care about their newest CoD's server status.

This is true and false...Treyarch have been constantly working on patching out/detecting hackers...waw and blops 2 have been the only two games where they have not succeeded in blocking out the all client trophy online mod menu...i'm guessing it's not that they don't care in the case of blops 2...it's more like the hackers are that good and this is a popular game to create mods for....i think the unlock trophy option is one that's come into demand since Treyarch have created better security making it harder to use online save files...

as far as waw, yes it's possible they've assumed it's better to work on new games than spend the money on patches for a relic...

On topic, I helped a friend with the co-op spec ops recently and did them myself years ago...they are laggy as $hit and definitely required multiple attempts due to this both times...it was like "down me so I can try to get the trophy for downed kills...*my screen is basically frozen for 10 seconds at a time then teleports showing that i'm taking damage once it renders*..."oh f**k, you're dead again"...haha...took some practice to not push too many buttons during the laggy parts so that my teleportation was controlled and would end up either in a good spot to kill an enemy or behind cover...so many insta-deaths...good fun nonetheless...had quite a few laughs...

Side note: as of this post there is absolutely no evidence hackers can unwillingly pop your trophies for modern warfare 2...no need to worry about this if you're in online lobbies so play at will...

• 1 year later...

Yes  I can confirm this it's  happened for me have the same thing 

It's like the most lag experience I ever had unplayable but not impossible 

It's better to switch to split screen mode 

And do it there if you don't find someone helps just do it by yourself ?

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...