Titan Souls Vita. How is it?

Soraking1991

Hi!

I've been looking into Titan Souls for some time now, never actually deciding to take the final step. Now PS+ is deciding for me by giving it to all of us, so I had a question...

How is the Vita version? Does it work silky smooth? Is there any disadvantage of playing this on the Vita instead of the PS4?

Thanks in advance! :)

1 hour ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

Did the entire plat on the Vita and it ran perfectly fine for me during the entire plat dood.

Question for a platter than, the rarity, is it so due to the difficulty and speed run? I'm on the fence because I don't want another out of my league game on my profile lol.

13 minutes ago, Lion of the Lolis said:

Question for a platter than, the rarity, is it so due to the difficulty and speed run? I'm on the fence because I don't want another out of my league game on my profile lol.

I would have to agree with @diabolica1989 I found the speedrun to be easy and this is coming form someone who hates speedruns and is generally bad at them so the rarity is a bit more about difficulty. It isn't really that difficult though but I'm not really sure what you consider to be an "out of my league plat" dood lol

17 minutes ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

I would have to agree with @diabolica1989 I found the speedrun to be easy and this is coming form someone who hates speedruns and is generally bad at them so the rarity is a bit more about difficulty. It isn't really that difficult though but I'm not really sure what you consider to be an "out of my league plat" dood lol

You and @diabolica1989 certainly make me feel like I want to try it lol. I'm bad at speedruns too lol. Wonder how tight it is.

Out of my league stuff is like :Rogue Legacy, Isaac's Rebirth, Super Meat Boy, stuff like that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lion of the Lolis said:

Out of my league stuff is like :Rogue Legacy, Isaac's Rebirth, Super Meat Boy, stuff like that. 

I can't believe I'm friends with someone that says that Isaac is out of their leagues. Are you out of your mind, boy? It's a 3/10 diff plat, even easier if patched, just longer because it's more random. I could understand Rogue Legacy but I'm sure you are good enough for that. SMB you just don't want to invest time into, but it's doable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I can't believe I'm friends with someone that says that Isaac is out of their leagues. Are you out of your mind, boy? It's a 3/10 diff plat, even easier if patched, just longer because it's more random. I could understand Rogue Legacy but I'm sure you are good enough for that. SMB you just don't want to invest time into, but it's doable.

Isaac WAS out of my league, than I unpatched it and used those codes but than it wasn't counting my runs and said screw it lol. Without the helpful codes it was difficultish for me lol. I might try Titans Soul than.

4 minutes ago, Lion of the Lolis said:

Isaac WAS out of my league, than I unpatched it and used those codes but than it wasn't counting my runs and said screw it lol. Without the helpful codes it was difficultish for me lol. I might try Titans Soul than.

If your runs were not counting, you were doing something wrong. Sure it was unpatched?

12 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

If your runs were not counting, you were doing something wrong. Sure it was unpatched?

I read somewhere that tge patched version disabled the code input so I never did patch it. It just sucks you manually count like 9 mother deaths and than your stats are like 2 mother deaths. I was like fuck this. Aside from that I was really pumped and really trying just to be shut down lol.

1 minute ago, Lion of the Lolis said:

I read somewhere that tge patched version disabled the code input so I never did patch it. It just sucks you manually count like 9 mother deaths and than your stats are like 2 mother deaths. I was like fuck this. Aside from that I was really pumped and really trying just to be shut down lol.

Manually? You unlock something different everytime you kill mother. Dunno what you are on about? There are also different endings for each kill. Hmmmmmmmmm...

10 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Manually? You unlock something different everytime you kill mother. Dunno what you are on about? There are also different endings for each kill. Hmmmmmmmmm...

I mean I remember that you had to kill mother 15 times for something, so I manually counted each time I killed her. I counted 9 deaths but the game only recorded 2, thats why I quit persevering that plat.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this sidebar is fascinating, but getting back to the original question. :-D

I did my No Roll mode last night. It's pretty easy, except for the last boss, which is a major pain. I'm going to do the speed run this week. I'm about halfway through slaying all titans with iron mode, which is a pain. Hard + Iron will be a major test of patience. Still, the plat feels imminently doable, and the game is awesomely fun.

Isaac, Titan Souls and Rogue Legacy are not in the same league as SMB, just saying. I have Isaac's plat and reckon with time I'll get Titan Souls and Rogue Legacy, but SMB? Not going to happen. Where I'm at right now feels like the extreme extent of my skills.

As for Titan's Souls, the main issues really are the Ironmode runs and the speedrun (I suspect, I haven't even tried the speedrun yet, I suck at speedrunning things, it's the only reason I don't have Shovel Knight's plat), everything else is pretty simple. No Roll mode is easy enough until the last two bosses, where it's a bitch to pull off and requires some pretty precise movements and a little luck for the finale. I've managed to reach the pre-final boss on my Hardmode Ironmode run before, but eventually stopped playing. Maybe now it's on PS+ and people will be getting back into it I'll give it another shot. I'm more worried about the all-boss regular Ironmode run however, at least with the Hardmode one you don't have to deal with some of the more awkward bosses.

Or you could just savescum the Ironmode runs I guess, but where's the fun in that?

• 3 months later...
On 2016-12-29 at 6:51 PM, diabolica1989 said:

No it's very doable :) game is very short and fun so dont give up guys!

On 2016-12-29 at 7:25 PM, Thruygie said:

On 2017-1-9 at 0:16 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, this sidebar is fascinating, but getting back to the original question. :-D

I did my No Roll mode last night. It's pretty easy, except for the last boss, which is a major pain. I'm going to do the speed run this week. I'm about halfway through slaying all titans with iron mode, which is a pain. Hard + Iron will be a major test of patience. Still, the plat feels imminently doable, and the game is awesomely fun.

On 2017-1-15 at 1:53 PM, Seasonreaper said:

Isaac, Titan Souls and Rogue Legacy are not in the same league as SMB, just saying. I have Isaac's plat and reckon with time I'll get Titan Souls and Rogue Legacy, but SMB? Not going to happen. Where I'm at right now feels like the extreme extent of my skills.

As for Titan's Souls, the main issues really are the Ironmode runs and the speedrun (I suspect, I haven't even tried the speedrun yet, I suck at speedrunning things, it's the only reason I don't have Shovel Knight's plat), everything else is pretty simple. No Roll mode is easy enough until the last two bosses, where it's a bitch to pull off and requires some pretty precise movements and a little luck for the finale. I've managed to reach the pre-final boss on my Hardmode Ironmode run before, but eventually stopped playing. Maybe now it's on PS+ and people will be getting back into it I'll give it another shot. I'm more worried about the all-boss regular Ironmode run however, at least with the Hardmode one you don't have to deal with some of the more awkward bosses.

Or you could just savescum the Ironmode runs I guess, but where's the fun in that?

So, asking as someone who does not care about trophies; how difficult is the main game to get through if you don't care about the platinum?

I see this game is compared in some way to Super Meat Boy, Binding Of Isaac and Rogue Legacy. I have Isaac and Legacy through PS+ but I dismissed them (and Titan Souls) as being hardcore ragequit games that were not meant for me.

Back on X360, I started and kind of liked Spelunky but I did not have the patience to see it through to the end. I did have the patience for Super Meat Boy (at least until the light world ending) on X360, but now on PS4 I found myself not having the patience any more, will get back to it at some point though.

I can enjoy "tough but fair" games where sitting back and watching the moveset of an enemy or a boss can give you enough info on how to beat it (Shovel Knight, Blaster Master, Bloodborne) but I'm often not in the mood for stuff that's highly luck-based (like Spelunky, though I eventually got through - and thoroughly enjoyed - Flame Over).

Thinking about just redownloading Titan Souls, Rogue Legacy, Binding Of Isaac and Spelunky and just giving all a fair chance again but I'd like to get an idea about what to expect in advance.

Enjoy @BillyHorrible. It's a pretty fair game for the most part at least (as you know now since I see you've completed it) although some of the Hardmode bosses can be a pain. That said there's no trophy for beating all bosses in Hardmode.

The Ironman and No Roll trophies are the hardest ones you'll have to face at least, and they're a lot more forgiving than some games. The worst part is having to repeat the opening walk and tutorial segment every single time you fail an Ironman attempt, it gets painfully repetitive. Check out the Obligatory Trophy Thoughts thread for some tips (and some videos which helped me) from myself and a couple other players if you haven't already in regards to the Ironman runs. May well help you out.

Can't help you out in regards to Spelunky as I still haven't gotten around to playing it, but Isaac is just a case of learning and adapting to all the shit it throws at you and getting some lucky runs to make it go a bit smoother. Some runs I've had are so ridiculously overpowered that losing is only really possible if you play sloppily. As with Titan Souls there's just a couple of things which will make your time harder, those being The Lost's unlocks. I haven't gotten the DLC for it though (I played it all on Vita which never got Afterbirth) but I believe the unlocks you can get from Greed Mode make The Lost notably easier to play than he was in vanilla Rebirth, so it's probably easier these days due to that. Other than that it's just luck to have all the items show up that'll screw you over. It stopped me from being in the first 50 to Plat the EU version due to one item not appearing for me :<.

As for Rogue Legacy, it's very much doable for the most part as well. Only tough things there are the Remixed Bosses (well, four of the five) which are very strict in the way they must be defeated and give you a predetermined character build to work with which can throw you off, plus the one trophy for beating the game in under 15 deaths (which I still haven't managed to get) although I haven't played the game in ages and was kinda burnt out after doing all the Remixes so didn't give it too many tries.

Edited by Seasonreaper
Fixing a couple of typoes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seasonreaper said:

Enjoy @BillyHorrible. It's a pretty fair game for the most part at least (as you know now since I see you've completed it) although some of the Hardmode bosses can be a pain. That said there's no trophy for beating all bosses in Hardmode.

The Ironman and No Roll trophies are the hardest ones you'll have to face at least, and they're a lot more forgiving than some games. The worst part is having to repeat the opening walk and tutorial segment every single time you fail an Ironman attempt, it gets painfully repetitive. Check out the Obligatory Trophy Thoughts thread for some tips (and some videos which helped me) from myself and a couple other players if you haven't already in regards to the Ironman runs. May well help you out.

Can't help you out in regards to Spelunky as I still haven't gotten around to playing it, but Isaac is just a case of learning and adapting to all the shit it throws at you and getting some lucky runs to make it go a bit smoother. Some runs I've had are so ridiculously overpowered that losing is only really possible if you play sloppily. As with Titan Souls there's just a couple of things which will make your time harder, those being The Lost's unlocks. I haven't gotten the DLC for it though (I played it all on Vita which never got Afterbirth) but I believe the unlocks you can get from Greed Mode make The Lost notably easier to play than he was in vanilla Rebirth, so it's probably easier these days due to that. Other than that it's just luck to have all the items show up that'll screw you over. It stopped me from being in the first 50 to Plat the EU version due to one item not appearing for me :<.

As for Rogue Legacy, it's very much doable for the most part as well. Only tough things there are the Remixed Bosses (well, four of the five) which are very strict in the way they must be defeated and give you a predetermined character build to work with which can throw you off, plus the one trophy for beating the game in under 15 deaths (which I still haven't managed to get) although I haven't played the game in ages and was kinda burnt out after doing all the Remixes so didn't give it too many tries.

Thanks for all the tips :) I got all the games on PS4 by the way, just figured I'd post in this thread since there were some interesting arguments being said.

Luckily, I'm not a completionist. I won't worry if I'll never get more trophies in Titan Souls, perhaps I'll do hard mode at some point and some more boss beats in the way the trophies want me to but I'm not thinking about doing an Iron Man run.

After Titan Souls, I tried both Rogue Legacy and Binding Of Isaac. I didn't like either, sadly, so I dropped them. After tha, I didn't feel like Spelunky. Perhaps when my backlog is smaller, I'm doing some good work right now.