For Honor Collector's Edition Makes People Ask "FOR WHAT???"

BIOHAZARD-R-US

So the For Honor Collector's Edition has been revealed, and you get the following:

UVHUwAf.png

For Honor Gold Edition (includes the base game + Deluxe Pack [Exclusive customizations and Execution Effects] + Season Pass)
14" Apollyon Statue - Standing at over a foot tall, this highly-detailed statue features an accurate reproduction of Apollyon, For Honor's main Warlord.
Exclusive Apollyon Lithograph - The Warlord of the Blackstone Legion seeks to bring war to her enemies in this exclusive Limited Edition Lithograph.
Origins Note - Go deeper into the battlefields of For Honor as you uncover Apollyon's previously untold origins. What secrets lie in the past of the Blackstone Legion's mysterious leader?
Premium Collector's Edition Packaging

A thing to note about the Season Pass is that it's counted as a priced item here, yet Triforce has already announced that all story-affecting DLC and content will be free for everyone, thus negating the need for a season pass.

Aaaaaaany way, all this can be yours for the low low price of JESUS FUCK, THIS SHIT'S $219.99????? AW HEEEEELL NAW!!!

Yes that's right, $219.99, and it doesn't even have a steelbook like 99% of all Collector's Editions. The base game will be $59.99, Deluxe Edition will $69.99 (that's an additional $10 for a few customizable items and a Special Execution Effect for all heroes, woopdie doo), Gold Edition is $99.99 to include the unnecessary $39.99 Season Pass, which has absolutely no details about it other than "1 year of worth of expansions", which have already been announced to be free for everyone. The only thing they can add is multiplayer stuff like Rainbow 6 Siege, and that Season Pass was $29.99.

For Honor recently had a very poorly-received Alpha for PC back on September 15-18, with a few anonymous players breaking their NDA to tell the world that there was such low quality in the textures, massive and frequent frame rate drops, an almost completely broken matchmaking system and poor optimization, even for Alpha standards, causing many to turn away from the game until a later date, and quite a few to cancel their preorders. The game launches on February 14th, and the Beta will be held sometime in January.

What do you all think of this? An extra $120 for a 14in. statue, a lithograph, a note, and a collector's box. $39.99 for a season pass that won't have (or shouldn't have) any story-affecting DLC included. What about on the poorly-received Alpha?

Sources:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169148-For-Honor-Collector-Edition-Revealed#&gid=gallery_6713&pid=1

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/for-honor-apollyon-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/140147

• Like 1

You're basically paying for that statue,  and depending on the quality $120+ is basically the price that'd be running for something that size.  

I assume season pass is a similar deal to the thing Uncharted 4 and Siege have done,  where you get some of the stuff for free that everyone otherwise can earn in game from playing,  as that's the direction Ubi has said they're taking with all their online stuff now.  

Actually the QUALITY and partially the size of the statue makes up majority of the price. Considering this price, the quality has to be comparable to quality statues made by companies like GamingHead and First4Figures and some that you can find on Playstation Gear.com. These type of statues (not figures) run inbetween $189 to $240. (This one could be slightly lower quality but possibly the same if not slightly higher than the Xenoverse 2 Goku Statue, which is a type of HQ itself.) Add a $60 game to that then tell me this is still a ridiculous price. This statue isnt like the Uncharted 3, inFAMOUS 2, or Horizon's statues, nor is it like figurines (Kat, most animes, most Dragon Balls, comic heroes, etc). If it wasnt even for the season pass/included gold edition, it'd be cheaper.

So again. Game is $60, Statue is at least $100 worth of quality, Lithographs are $20+. Add in the $40 SP - 60+100+40+20 is 220. You get the note (which shouldnt be on standard printer paper) and envelopes (and box) free. Note: The statue is potentially a higher value price than my minimul listing. (I cant find a good enough picture to zoom in on.)

3 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Depending on the statue quality they can run in the $100s.  Do I think it's a deal?  No, but if you're a statue collector $120 isn't as much as it might sound to a noncollector.  Shrug.

True

2 hours ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Lost me at "Only at GameStop".

Top kek

1 hour ago, - Cammy - said:

Did a quick search and for us it would come up to just under $300 ($296.59 to be exact). Yeah, no thanks. Unfortunately money does not grow on trees. 

Holy crap, that's nasty.

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Actually the QUALITY and partially the size of the statue makes up majority of the price. Considering this price, the quality has to be comparable to quality statues made by companies like GamingHead and First4Figures and some that you can find on Playstation Gear.com. These type of statues (not figures) run inbetween $189 to $240. (This one could be slightly lower quality but possibly the same if not slightly higher than the Xenoverse 2 Goku Statue, which is a type of HQ itself.) Add a $60 game to that then tell me this is still a ridiculous price. This statue isnt like the Uncharted 3, inFAMOUS 2, or Horizon's statues, nor is it like figurines (Kat, most animes, most Dragon Balls, comic heroes, etc). If it wasnt even for the season pass/included gold edition, it'd be cheaper.

So again. Game is $60, Statue is at least $100 worth of quality, Lithographs are $20+. Add in the $40 SP - 60+100+40+20 is 220. You get the note (which shouldnt be on standard printer paper) and envelopes (and box) free. Note: The statue is potentially a higher value price than my minimul listing. (I cant find a good enough picture to zoom in on.)

It's just 1 Lithograph, and you'd really value that at $20 or higher? I would take $10-15 off of it and put that value to the statue if you wanted to keep the same overall value. Also, look at Dishonored 2's Limited Edition that just came out. To me, it seems like you got a better value there for about $120 less than this, and a better game supposedly too. For the price of the reported subpar game's Gold Edition alone, you're getting Dishonored Definitive Edition, Dishonored 2, a DLC pack, a beautifully detailed 13.5in. mask and stand, a ring with display case, a poster (24in x 10in, i think it was), a steelbook case, the game (hafta mention that cuz of Battlefield 1), and the same type of Collecter's Box that this game has. So yeah sure, some of these statues can go for a lotta money, but looking at another, quite similar Collector's Edition that just came out, the value here is very low for a large amount of money

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

43 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

True

Top kek

Holy crap, that's nasty.

It's just 1 Lithograph, and you'd really value that at $20 or higher? I would take $10-15 off of it and put that value to the statue if you wanted to keep the same overall value. Also, look at Dishonored 2's Limited Edition that just came out. To me, it seems like you got a better value there for about $120 less than this, and a better game supposedly too. For the price of the reported subpar game's Gold Edition alone, you're getting Dishonored Definitive Edition, Dishonored 2, a DLC pack, a beautifully detailed 13.5in. mask and stand, a ring with display case, a poster (24in x 10in, i think it was), a steelbook case, the game (hafta mention that cuz of Battlefield 1), and the same type of Collecter's Box that this game has. So yeah sure, some of these statues can go for a lotta money, but looking at another, quite similar Collector's Edition that just came out, the value here is very low for a large amount of money

Why only I gotta get the lengthy reply? It aint even fair Dx

Whoa whoa, Dishonored 2 Coll is a terrible example. Think about what you said for a moment.. all of that.. in a collectors edition.. for $100. Theres clearly something wrong with that picture... clearly. Either the ring or mask is plastic/fake metal, probably even less quality than Nathan Drake's ring, which is known to wear out overtime. Most Colls run $120 and up, thats pretty much the standard. If youre getting Dishonored 2, D1R (standalone being $20-40, not $60, I know), a Ring, Poster, FOUR-TEEN inch Mask (which price confirms doesnt touch Titanfall 2's Helmet, Killzone 3's Helghast Mask, Borderland Psycho Mask, etc, quality wisw), and whatever else I (ironically) missed, obviously the edition is decently low quality............ The mask, ring w/ case, and two games alone dont top the $100 price, let alone the steelcase and poster included.

EDIT: As for the lithographs subject, ill admit im not all too familar with them, but Ive seen Naughty Dog's 3 IP franchises with a few lithographs all priced at $20 (or higher). Size ofc matters, which is why my particular Jak one cost me $40. Smaller sizes has to be justified at $20 as minimum if of the same or similar quality.

Edited by Mar

1 hour ago, Mar said:

If youre getting Dishonored 2, D1R (standalone being $20-40, not $60, I know), a Ring, Poster, FOUR-TEEN inch Mask (which price confirms doesnt touch Titanfall 2's Helmet, Killzone 3's Helghast Mask, Borderland Psycho Mask, etc, quality wisw), and whatever else I (ironically) missed, obviously the edition is decently low quality............ The mask, ring w/ case, and two games alone dont top the $100 price, let alone the steelcase and poster included.

But those were wearable masks. Dishonored 2's mask was not wearable.

Also, $20 for Dishonored, $60 for Dishonored 2, $10 for the steelbook, $10-20 for the poster, $15-25 for the ring and $50 for the mask. That's lowball estimating the poster, ring and mask values, and all that combined still totals $165-185 lowballed. The mask would probably be worth $90, and the ring probably $35, so that raises the value to about $235, $230 if you think the steelbook is only worth $5 instead of $10. Either way you slice it, the Dishonored 2 Collector's Edition has value at almost double its price, and is probably going to be a better game than For Honor will be.

Doesn't seem that bad really, pretty much depends on the quality of the statue. Not saying i'll buy it but if we're gonna get mad every time they announce an overprized Collectors Edition we'll be here all day.

Also not to play devil's advocate here but i've actually heard a lot of good things from people who have played the game.

• Like 1

I would think you'd have to really be interested in the game first to even give that kind of value to this set. I personally wouldn't buy this game at 1/2 price, let alone the collectors edition. I've seen gameplay footage and, even after 10 minutes of just video footage, I was bored. It has very shallow and repetitive gameplay. I think Ubi is reaching with this game. 

As an aside, I'm not sure if GameStop offered a huge kickback to Unbi or something, but making this a GS exclusive was a poor decision. That's going to greatly limit their sale of this product. 

Well, nobody has to buy the CE if they don't want to. Nor do they have to pre-order a game that is barely in the alpha stage, actually, they shouldn't pre-order at all.

But going back to topic, like many said before me, the statue pretty much covers most of the price, I'm not saying is a bargain, but they are probably just charging it's worht without a "deal". As in I'm gona buy it, saddly, CE are far beyond my reach currently. 

Yeah i honestly don't understand what is the surprise or everything, it's notlike it's the First one, Cod was what 300 or more? For the game some Cards and a Mini-Fridge a think, here is probably considered 70 The game like 50 the Season pass who knows nowadays with this shit, 70-80 the Statue and then the rest.

Just Don't get it if you're not really interested, i'm sure they'll put on sale available the Statue separately after if someone wants it.

I would have been surprised if this would have cost like just 100 or 120, we are talking about Mamestop & Ubilol togheter after all.

8 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

But those were wearable masks. Dishonored 2's mask was not wearable.

Also, $20 for Dishonored, $60 for Dishonored 2, $10 for the steelbook, $10-20 for the poster, $15-25 for the ring and $50 for the mask. That's lowball estimating the poster, ring and mask values, and all that combined still totals $165-185 lowballed. The mask would probably be worth $90, and the ring probably $35, so that raises the value to about $235, $230 if you think the steelbook is only worth $5 instead of $10. Either way you slice it, the Dishonored 2 Collector's Edition has value at almost double its price, and is probably going to be a better game than For Honor will be.

The low quality mask is completely unrealistic of having a price anywhere near $90. Two thirty/-five would a ripoff based on the quality of the entire set. Thirty-five for the ring is also pushing it a bit. Turns out the Mask is made of mostly plastic with rubber parts, and the ring is made out of zinc alloy... so yeah lol. (At least the ring ain't made out of lead alloy though, I'll give them that.) Display wise, it's a great bargain, quality wise it's not. So the Collectors edition is pretty much that game with a super cool boxart front cover but the game itself ain't all that good as the boxart makes it seem (could have used a way better example but meh.) 

The For Honor Statue by itself is higher quality than the Mask and Ring combined; the statue is higher quality than Dishonored's 2 entire collector's edition.

• 1 month later...

I remember when collector edition's were only 100$ on PS3. But now, well the last one I got was Doom collector edition and it was 150$ CAN, and only has a statue, a steel case and the first DLC, that's it. I was baffled of the price, but I quickly realize that the statue was the reason for it. Not just its the tallest statue I've got, (12"Tall) but it has an electronic fan with red LED lighting. So yeah, sometimes the statue makes the price.

Now I don't think this one has lighting or anything mechanical, but at least its big, and takes up more space on your shelf, wait that's not good.

BTW the Canadian Collector Version is actually different that OP, its three helmets and has the soundtrack. Here's the link

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/buy/

Oh what a surprise, its sold out, well good thing I'm not interested in this edition game, I'll wait and see what the critics say.