Two PS2 Harvest Moon games coming to PS4!

On 1/1/2017 at 10:06 PM, kitsune29 said:

How awesome is this? I loved Harvest Moon as a kid and now it comes back with trophy support. Sweet, THANKS for letting me know!

Glad you're excited for it! maybe they can also release "Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon" after those two.

On 2/1/2017 at 6:52 PM, cferguson9595 said:

A Wonderful Life was my very first GameCube game, I will be eccastic if I can replay it with enhanced graphics and a platinum :) Easy day one purchase for me!

I don't think the graphics themselves will be enhanced since this is pretty much just an emulation, I mean the games will look better than on the PS2 giving the 1080p up-rendering they'll get, but I think the graphics were a little better on the more powerful GameCube. Still a platinum will make this re-release totally worth it!

On 2/1/2017 at 6:06 PM, szkodi said:

Surely they must have looked and see how successful Stardew Valley is :D as for a massive fan of old HM i will stick to SV for now ;) 

I don't know considering Natsume also released them last gen as PS2 Classics, but yeah who knows maybe Stardew Valley's success was an incentive for them to join the emulation quicker.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:39 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

I am curious on how... difficult these games are? Do anything in these games require any skill? As an example in Stardew Valley, you do need luck and all that for a few things.

Anything like that in these games?

I played them a long time ago and can't remember anything, but I don't remember the being too difficult considering I was just a kid and still was able to beat them.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:37 PM, Greenshyguy said:

Need a brand new Harvest Moon for PS4 rather than a remaster :P

Anyway good news regardless. Loved the older Harvest Moon games. I could never get into any of the recent ones for some reason. 

I don't think this is a remaster, more like an HD emulation like all the other PS2 games on PS4.

• 2 months later...

If you guys haven't you should go ahead and try Stardew Valley. It's just like Harvest Moon but it supports gay marriage which is a BIG PLUS. I still love the old Harvest Moon games and I cannot wait until they bring back Save The Homeland. My fav on the PS2! 

Edited by ChampionPrince

1 hour ago, bruin-rocks said:

Its out Today in NA just bought and downloaded it. I personally don't think I have ever seen a NA game released on a Wednesday. 

They must've made a typo on the blog or something. US blog is weird sometimes. I'll get it as soon as I get home.

Edited by Torracat83