Matchup E: Arceus

Matchup F: Blaziken

Matchup G: Diancie

Matchup H: Articuno

Starting off the tournament strong. Keep it up! :D 

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD
  • Like 1

Matchup A

Jolteon, I can tell you are probably new to signatures. So all I am going to say here is that your signature needs more blending (the splatters stick out too much) and less saturation in color. Text could use better placement also. Just need a little bit more practice with signatures. :)

Lucario, this signature is very nice (Jon Talbain is awesome!), like the colors used for the FX. Only thing I will comment on is that you could have used a similar color for the werewolf text, it jumps out a bit much. But your signature is the better one so..

My vote goes to Lucario.

Matchup B

Abra, this signature would have been better if you had picked artwork that was higher quality. This is where it's letting you down the most. The lighting is maybe a bit strong also but overall, the signature looks good, but bad choice of artwork.

Umbreon.. I'm slightly disappointed as I can tell who done this. You usually do a lot better than this. I do like the colors used though. I am not a fan however of the border being darker than the colors being used in the signature.. if anything it should be the other way round, it would have help it blend better.

My vote goes to Umbreon.

Matchup C

Okay, this was tough at first bit I've made up my decision after looking much closer at them..

Gengar, I was liking your signature a lot until I realized that there's art very similar to this floating about already. I know there's been some work done, but it seems minimal. Also, I like text that is blended, but I feel yours is a bit too much blended.

Espeon.. not really a fan of the overused LoL art in signatures these days tbh. I also don't feel it blends well with your background.. for example, there is very saturated blue on it's claw but you have not done enough work with the lighting to help blend this in. Text work for "Thoth" is decent, not a fan of the text for "PSNProfiles Tournament" though and the text shouldn't be touching the kappa's nose (I don't know what the hell it is.. let's just go with werebird if not a kappa).

My vote goes to Espeon.. I really wanted to vote for Gengar's but I feel like there wasn't enough done to differentiate from the original artwork.

Matchup D

Darkrai, I like the work in your signature a lot, the FX is nice here. Text is a bit weak on it, I would have honestly done more with the text but I feel that the placement is right. :)

Ho-oh, it's a nice signature, but the dots on either end ruin it for me, as well as the oversharpened character. I feel though, it would have instantly improved if you had just not bothered with those dots. It would have probably got my vote if that was the case.

My vote goes to Darkrai.

Matchup E

Tough match up here. :o

Drowzee, liking the colors used in your signature but I feel as if the blending can be better here. Like the text work especially with the Japanese in the background of it. Lighting seens spot on. But the character doesn't seem part of the scene.

I'm liking this signature a lot Arceus. :D Only thing I will note is that the C4D orbs seem misplaced and they would have been better done without. But nice signature over, like the depth and blending.

My vote goes to Arceus.

Matchup F

Blaziken, your signature is good. There doesn't seen to be much lighting done though but it fits the theme better or well, is more obvious to the theme than your opponent's is. Text is okay, but I would have either ditched "Elf" or "Mythical Creatures" for easier arrangement, since you struggled with this, proper arrangement of text takes some practice. But good work, just practice more.

Mewtwo.. I don't really get how yours is mythical, it's a geisha? Maybe it's a spirit but it's not super obvious it is one. Overall, there isn't too much wrong with this siganture but it doesn't fit the theme very well.

My vote is kind of automatic here, but it goes to Blaziken.

Matchup G

Diancie, your signature is decent, but I would have done it with a lighter background. The artwork looks like it would have been done in daytime light rather than this nighttime scene you have going on. It would have helped the blending a lot more. Although, the lighting does seem spot on. I also like the text work a lot. :)

Pidgeotto.. I guess I'm suppose to be looking at the spirit bird/phoenix in this? I guess you are slightly new to signatures. Although, this really just looks like two images stuck together to me with not much of your own work done. Text work seems fine.

My vote goes to Diancie.

Matchup H

This is easily the toughest match up for me to pick a favorite. These are both very good signatures.

Arcanine, your signature is really good, there isn't really too much to say except that some of the colors could have used some more work to help improve the blending even more. The text work definitely gives your signature the upperhand towards your opponent's though.

Articuno, I would say the best part of your signature is the artwork used. The FX right in the middle seems good and works nicely for the dragon's lighting. But the rest is kind of basic. I don't feel the bubble FX fits well. The text could have been done a lot better and is probably where you are being hurt the most. I would have placed the text a bit higher on the wing and tried varying your font a little to make the text seem more interesting. It's a nice signature though.

My vote goes to Arcanine.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 4

Matchup A: Lucario

Matchup B: Umbreon

Matchup C: Espeon

Matchup D : Darkrai

Matchup E: Drowzee

Matchup F: Blaziken

Matchup G: Diancie

Matchup H: Arcanine

On 8-1-2017 at 7:57 AM, cmgravekeeper said:

Here is the voting format, for those that are lazy :P :

Thank you very much :D . You even added a space after all of them :yay: .

On 8-1-2017 at 9:41 AM, DEMON said:

Placeholder for my votes. Some hard decisions.

*Gives the special SotM & SigBattle Coin* that should help :awesome: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1