Black Screen Glitch (Disc)

RatsGetFatttt

So for the past week I have been playing this game fine with no problems, when I start it today it does all the whole thing with the publishers and stuff but it goes to a black screen with audio and doesn't go past that. I saw someone had the same problem so I did what the comments of that post said and backed up may save file and restored my ps3 but that didn't help at all. The version I have is on disc and its on the latest patch. The disc has no marks on it whatsoever so I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions as I dont want to lose all my progress as I am pretty close to the platinum. 

2 hours ago, RatsGetFatttt said:

So for the past week I have been playing this game fine with no problems, when I start it today it does all the whole thing with the publishers and stuff but it goes to a black screen with audio and doesn't go past that. I saw someone had the same problem so I did what the comments of that post said and backed up may save file and restored my ps3 but that didn't help at all. The version I have is on disc and its on the latest patch. The disc has no marks on it whatsoever so I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions as I dont want to lose all my progress as I am pretty close to the platinum. 

Saints Row 3 is notoriously buggy but I don't remember having any issues. Have you tried doing Rebuild Data Base? It doesn't delete any save data or games. It is basically a defragment tool like on PC. It is good to do everyone once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

What I did Is formatted myPS3 completely and  installed that game first and played it for a while and everytime u wanna play again u start that game first (preferably offline) so it's less chance to get stuck. While playing other games and than goin' into SR it gets stuck with black screen on menu with sound on... WEIRD

Edited by Vedrancito

Going to a black screen with no input but sound still playing is a pretty common thing for Digital Games, not so much so for Disc Based games; Though My method for Digital Black Screens have worked 100% of the time for me and like 10 other people on these forums, you can try it for disc based but no gurantees as this might not fix non-digital?

Turn on your PS3 and Log Out of you PSN completely, just completely go offline. Start the game, load up your save and play in your save file for like a minute or two THEN you can log back into your PSN. See if that works, if it does, I can officially bump this from just a digital fix to a disc fix haha.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 0:03 PM, Martain2 said:

I'm gonna be starting the game soon and wondered if this is still an issue? I've got the Big Package edition with all DLC included but don't know if the above comments were using that or the standard version.

i used standard digital edition, but i deleted the game so i don't know does it still happens. My humble assumption is that it does :/

ive had this issue on ps3 with about 7 different games, i cant specifically recall on how i solved it but i THINK i used a different tv and it worked. this also happens especially with games that have stereoscopic 3d in them. iw ould have to plug my ps3 into my 3d tv and change the settings, and then then while still on plug it into my regular tv next to it (some gaves wont save the setting so it reverts back to 3d) 

also like tigress said, try starting the game not logged into playstation. that has helped me on a couple games. i remember godfather specifically would not play if i was logged in first. and bad company1 was the same way. for some odd reason the main user name account somtimes has a login issues and freezes a game. for the heck of it if you have a 2nd name try starting the game on that to see if it works. if it does work then your main name login is for some reason freezing i which again has to be fixed by just starting the game signed out each time but then youll know thats what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 2:52 AM, Vedrancito said:

i used standard digital edition, but i deleted the game so i don't know does it still happens. My humble assumption is that it does :/

Well i've put in about 50 hours into this game (so far) finished the single player, half of Prof Genki DLC and all of Gangstas in Space and have only had one crash in all of that time (when the autosave hit between survival waves) so it looks like this black screen glitch is a rare occurrence.
For reference i am playing on the disc version of The Full Package edition whilst always being offline.