Arc-Tangent-

Cid's Upgrade quests not available

5 posts in this topic

So I've already finished the main story and I'm at Chapter 15. I'm looking to do Cid's upgrade quests to get those sweet weapons (Ultima Weapon, I'm looking at you), but they aren't available. I've done the ones to get Engine Blade II and Drain Lance II, finished them, and have them in my inventory. Now the rest of his quests aren't even available for me. Every time I talk to Cid, he just rambles something. Anybody else have the same issue? I know there's an issue for people that already have the quests, but I can't even start them. Anybody know how to fix it? Or is it a bug? Thanks!

I have read that people seem to have issues with Cid's questline so I'll try to give a few guessing tips (I haven't had any issues so far so I don't really know of a way to solve the problem if it's a bug)

-Make sure that there is no weapon in the process of being upgraded. Get a night's sleep and see if you get a call from Cid telling you a weapon is ready. Apparently, he only upgrades one weapon at a time.

-Get a brand new Niff weapon and visit Cid, that may lock him out of his ramble and fix things for you, triggering the sidequest related to the weapon you just got and possibly fixing the lock.

-I am assuming this is not a problem, but Cid will not offer an upgrade unless you have the required item for it IN YOUR INVENTORY. Check your list of quests to see which item you need for each weapon (activate the quests for added safety) and collect the item. Once you do, visit him again and the upgrade should happen instantly (or you'd have to sleep or do some hunts for high-tier upgrades). The sidequests trigger once you speak to him after getting a new weapon (all of the are labeled "A better X (name of weapon)")

-Another obvious point, but to trigger Cid's weapon upgrades you need to have a MACHINERY weapon (it has a yellow + sign next to its name). Those are the only weapons Cid will upgrade, and he will ramble if you don't have a new weapon to show him or give to him or if you lack the item for an upgrade for a weapon you already have had him upgrade. 

If all of the above is fulfilled and is not the reason behind your issue, this video allegedly shows a fix for the problem, but as usual, it doesn't seem to work with everybody, especially after the latest patch......I hope you can find a fix for the bug, and if you don't, I've been told the Ultima Weapon is not the best in the game so it may not be all that bad! xD

On 02/01/2017 at 10:02 PM, Omar said:

I have read that people seem to have issues with Cid's questline so I'll try to give a few guessing tips (I haven't had any issues so far so I don't really know of a way to solve the problem if it's a bug)

-Make sure that there is no weapon in the process of being upgraded. Get a night's sleep and see if you get a call from Cid telling you a weapon is ready. Apparently, he only upgrades one weapon at a time.

-Get a brand new Niff weapon and visit Cid, that may lock him out of his ramble and fix things for you, triggering the sidequest related to the weapon you just got and possibly fixing the lock.

-I am assuming this is not a problem, but Cid will not offer an upgrade unless you have the required item for it IN YOUR INVENTORY. Check your list of quests to see which item you need for each weapon (activate the quests for added safety) and collect the item. Once you do, visit him again and the upgrade should happen instantly (or you'd have to sleep or do some hunts for high-tier upgrades). The sidequests trigger once you speak to him after getting a new weapon (all of the are labeled "A better X (name of weapon)")

-Another obvious point, but to trigger Cid's weapon upgrades you need to have a MACHINERY weapon (it has a yellow + sign next to its name). Those are the only weapons Cid will upgrade, and he will ramble if you don't have a new weapon to show him or give to him or if you lack the item for an upgrade for a weapon you already have had him upgrade. 

If all of the above is fulfilled and is not the reason behind your issue, this video allegedly shows a fix for the problem, but as usual, it doesn't seem to work with everybody, especially after the latest patch......I hope you can find a fix for the bug, and if you don't, I've been told the Ultima Weapon is not the best in the game so it may not be all that bad! xD

There appears to be two different variations of this bug. In one you have the quests but can't progress them in which case that fix works, in the other (like I have) he won't even hand out the quest lines and just gets stuck mumbling about his back. Have equipped, unequipped, sleep, travelled, completed quests for others, and still no change. 

18 hours ago, The__Flatline said:

There appears to be two different variations of this bug. In one you have the quests but can't progress them in which case that fix works, in the other (like I have) he won't even hand out the quest lines and just gets stuck mumbling about his back. Have equipped, unequipped, sleep, travelled, completed quests for others, and still no change. 

That's the same problem I have. All I've done is the first Engine Blade upgrade and Drain Lance upgrade. He won't even start the rest.

Thanks everybody for the help, though. I guess I'll probably have to wait for a patch or something.