Unfair Final Boss

Precise--Rhythm

4 hours ago, pskid247 said:

I know this is slightly off topic but what level would you advise taking on the final boss? I am approx. level 59 at the moment without any grinding and I have not found much in the game too difficult so far but I don't fancy going in blind.

I was about level 67 with Jaster and level 63 with the rest when I beat the boss with relative ease.

I grinded out the revelation items first, while doing that I also leveled up Jaster's seven star weapons and that one you got for the final boss. That gives some buffs, stronger ability attacks and a few levels as well. The final boss is 10 boss fights in a row, most can be done by spamming a few level 3 abilities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, de_digibeet said:

I was about level 67 with Jaster and level 63 with the rest when I beat the boss with relative ease.

I grinded out the revelation items first, while doing that I also leveled up Jaster's seven star weapons and that one you got for the final boss. That gives some buffs, stronger ability attacks and a few levels as well. The final boss is 10 boss fights in a row, most can be done by spamming a few level 3 abilities.

Thanks for the info. I just tried taking it on tonight at level 61 and royally destroyed every stage up until the last fight. I took about 50 swings and got the boss to within an inch of defeat and then, when i was on 999 HP, the boss one shot me with an attack that usually does about 160 damage. So, yeah, now i feel the way the OP does. I like the build up and having to use the other characters but the Jaster part really is just stupid; the pacing is all wrong. 

...Are you serious? I don't remember on my old PS2 strategy guide for this game saying the final boss can one hit KO you. If you got the guide for this game back in the PS2 era, then it showed you some tips and pointers on how to beat the final boss.

But I don't remember anyone saying or complaining that the final boss is hard. Hell, I watched the final boss of Rogue Galaxy on Youtube with the player who made that video defeating the final boss with Jaster with no problems whatsoever and I didn't see anything that can one hit KO you.

I don't remember this boss being hard at all, finished it the first time around and didn't grind for levels back then (Did for materials to get better skills though). It just too damn long. Ghost Ship and Ghost Ship Extreme are actually good challenges, you really need to keep yourself on your toes all the day, since a regular battle can kill you there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pskid247 said:

I know this is slightly off topic but what level would you advise taking on the final boss? I am approx. level 59 at the moment without any grinding and I have not found much in the game too difficult so far but I don't fancy going in blind.

I would tough it out and not grind if you've completed the hunting requests. If you haven't completed the hunting requests, do that for extra levels. If you have completed the hunting requests and you want the platinum, don't grind anymore. The level-per-second is higher in the ghost ship, which you get post-game. Wait until you're in the ghost ship before you do any extensive grinding.

8 hours ago, pskid247 said:

Thanks for the info. I just tried taking it on tonight at level 61 and royally destroyed every stage up until the last fight. I took about 50 swings and got the boss to within an inch of defeat and then, when i was on 999 HP, the boss one shot me with an attack that usually does about 160 damage. So, yeah, now i feel the way the OP does. I like the build up and having to use the other characters but the Jaster part really is just stupid; the pacing is all wrong. 

Yeah .. that's why I tried those strength stars in my second attempt. They double your attack for 10 seconds or something like that. As stated before, I had to use 8 of them, doing 700 damage/swing.

• 1 year later...

I stopped playing after that dark elf two hit the Boxer person to death in a solo fight. I don't know who's idea it was to put solo fights in a game where you're flat out encouraged to spam healing items because you die so quickly but it would be an interesting conversation indeed. Not looking forward to a boss even worse in this regard later on, it seems. 

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry for bring a little late to join the Gang.
Just beat Valkog at lvl58.
Rather simple for me actually, was playing the coward style, keep myself to the very left side so that the mouth beam unable to touch me.
when his hand covering his face, 1 hit at it, so it would trigger the Valkog Counterattack which he will open is hand to attack you. 
Right at the moment he opens his hand, 1 hit at his face which cause damage to him, then immediately Guard, which then he would use his hand to attack you and back to covering his face, then continue with those spiky ground attack at you. Heal if needed when your health touching Half.
Hit his hand guarding face once again to trigger the Valkog Counterattack again. And repeat the whole process again until he die.
Simple but Time consuming. 

Cheers...

• Like 1

I agree with raidenlum on the preferred strategy, but I also remember feeling that the game did reek of bullshit when it came to how the bosses were able to damage you. It felt very off that I could block an attack resulting in 1hp of damage, only to miss a block and have that same attack take off literally half my health.

I could've sworn I read somewhere (but I don't remember where exactly) that it was one of those games were levelling up did very little when it came to bosses, as their moves were programmed to always do a certain percentage of damage.

19 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

I agree with raidenlum on the preferred strategy, but I also remember feeling that the game did reek of bullshit when it came to how the bosses were able to damage you. It felt very off that I could block an attack resulting in 1hp of damage, only to miss a block and have that same attack take off literally half my health.

I could've sworn I read somewhere (but I don't remember where exactly) that it was one of those games were levelling up did very little when it came to bosses, as their moves were programmed to always do a certain percentage of damage.

I remember when I was fighting with Valkog, my HP was 999, but now I'm fighting in Ghost Ship Extreme (going for GSE completion and lvl 99 trophy) my HP is just approximately 940. So I believe the game had programmed your stat during Final Boss. Well he did got his Super Saiyan God boost after all.

• 2 years later...
55 minutes ago, DivineNocturne said:

Can confirm this boss is a disgusting piece of filth that was poorly crafted 1v1 and when you block the orbs they push you out of block and if the game decides to go full retard you're dead, blocking does jackshit if rng hates you.

this game is really good, though I agree that the bosses were a BS, some even felt untested and straight out cheap.

the hidden boss of the ghost ship extreme is way much Bull Shittary he just run or dash at you or your allies and one hit kill anyone without even swinging his weapon, he just touch you and results in a 1 hit OK  even if  you or your allies are level 100.