Crypt of the NecroDancer DLC Amplified

REAPER4536

43 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

@Floriiss check this out

Oh boy here we go again.. O_O. Got mixed feelings about that one. Honestly, I don't mind new content for this game, AS LONG as those DLC trophies (If there will be DLC trophies added?) won't be as ridiculously hard or even harder than the base game trophies. Then again this game is notorious for it's extreme challenge, so it'd not surprise me seeing that happen. I'm preparing myself for the worst.

The trailer looks pretty sick though. It looks also a lot more challenging, but that might be because I'm not familiar with those new enemy patterns yet :P

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw a couple things regarding the DLC in some preview streams -

Firstly: Low% looks a lot harder, and easier in some aspects at the same time.

Obviously it will be harder with the addition of the fifth zone, meaning you have to run an extra zone for added difficulty, but Fortissimole, the new boss looks a quite frustrating on low%, (especially zone 3 and 5 Fortissimole) since all you have is a 1 damage dagger in most characters, not to mention it's really easy to trap yourself in it.

But, zone 4 will be a LOT easier in low% now, because Goolems were nerfed, and can only drop a single tile of goo, and I think I saw someone say that the exit room can't have goo in it, making them a lot more managable.

@Floriiss

And secondly,  I'd think Coda will be a lot harder after the DLC gets it's official release, because Ring of Phasing is removed completely. 

@Beatmania2dxs

There are some cool new items however, like the warhammer, which will make the game significantly easier for clearing/speedrunning characters, as it attacks in a 2x3 formation in the direction you attacked, or the axe, which is a lunging broadsword, (doesn't deal double damage like rapier) or even the cool familiars, which can passively damage, freeze, or teleport enemies in specific tiles which they are summoned.

All in all, it looks really cool so far, and this isn't even the final product.

Edited by Griffon234

9 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Obviously it will be harder with the addition of the fifth zone, meaning you have to run an extra zone for added difficulty, but Fortissimole, the new boss looks a quite frustrating on low%, (especially zone 3 and 5 Fortissimole) since all you have is a 1 damage dagger in most characters, not to mention it's really easy to trap yourself in it.

But, zone 4 will be a LOT easier in low% now, because Goolems were nerfed, and can only drop a single tile of goo, and I think I saw someone say that the exit room can't have goo in it, making them a lot more managable.

@Floriiss

And secondly,  I'd think Coda will be a lot harder after the DLC gets it's official release, because Ring of Phasing is removed completely. 

Not really. You're talking about this if it'd be a patch update, however it's not. It's downloadable content you can buy. So if you wouldn't buy it then everything remains the same. No additional zones or items. In other words the difficulty won't change.

Do you have any source for that information? Or did you just saw it on some streams? :P 

7 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Not really. You're talking about this if it'd be a patch update, however it's not. It's downloadable content you can buy. So if you wouldn't buy it then everything remains the same. No additional zones or items. In other words the difficulty won't change.

Do you have any source for that information? Or did you just saw it on some streams? :P 

Good point, I'm stupid for not thinking of that LOL /facepalm

Just what was shown on Spooty and Elad's stream last night. Check it out if you'd like/have some time.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 4:36 AM, Griffon234 said:

Obviously it will be harder with the addition of the fifth zone, meaning you have to run an extra zone for added difficulty, but Fortissimole, the new bIt'soss looks a quite frustrating on low%, (especially zone 3 and 5 Fortissimole) since all you have is a 1 damage dagger in most characters, not to mention it's really easy to trap yourself in it.

@Floriiss

@Beatmania2dxs

There are some cool new items however, like the warhammer, which will make the game significantly easier for clearing/speedrunning characters, as it attacks in a 2x3 formation in the direction you attacked, or the axe, which is a lunging broadsword, (doesn't deal double damage like rapier) or even the cool familiars, which can passively damage, freeze, or teleport enemies in specific tiles which they are summoned.

All in all, it looks really cool so far, and this isn't even the final product.

I played Amplified on my laptop. It's pretty fun. There are a few items that make the Coda run pretty easy, IMO. You can get familiars that travel with you (one that freezes enemies in one of the four directions you can move) and a rat one that damages enemies if they come into your space. Need to buy another keyboard since I snapped my other one in half from raging at this game. lol...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

I played Amplified on my laptop. It's pretty fun. There are a few items that make the Coda run pretty easy, IMO. You can get familiars that travel with you (one that freezes enemies in one of the four directions you can move) and a rat one that damages enemies if they come into your space. Need to buy another keyboard since I snapped my other one in half from raging at this game. lol...

LOL

• 2 months later...

So will Crypt of the Necrodancer reach the "Super Meat Boy" levels of difficulty and actually be doable for a lot of people?

Or will this game still remain in the balance as the Ultimate Challenge where only 1 out of 10000 players will get the platinum?

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

So will Crypt of the Necrodancer reach the "Super Meat Boy" levels of difficulty and actually be doable for a lot of people?

Or will this game still remain in the balance as the Ultimate Challenge where only 1 out of 10000 players will get the platinum?

No even on pc im pretty sure only 1 or 2 people own 100% legit ( could be more ) only one I know is legit is spootybiscuit. Im planning on starting it but even I know I have no chance at all.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:40 AM, Spaz said:

This game is very difficult and requires time and dedication I don't really have anymore. This game is doable, but not for 99% of people since tons of people will just end up quitting. You're looking at about 1-2 months of practice minimum to complete a Coda run. It's that hard, but you steadily improve with each day of practice. 

To plat this game you have to come in with a different perspective. Realize it will take a long time and spend the hours it takes to practice every day/other day. 

Really interesting to see how many people will get this plat... looks like one hell of a challenge. I will probably pick this game up in the summer and try it out for myself. Doubt I will platinum it because I suck at rhythm games and it seems to take an exorbitant amount of dedication, but still looks like a cool game nonetheless. Looks like this has three platinum achievers now, so that's pretty cool.

13 hours ago, KoopatroI said:

Really interesting to see how many people will get this plat... looks like one hell of a challenge. I will probably pick this game up in the summer and try it out for myself. Doubt I will platinum it because I suck at rhythm games and it seems to take an exorbitant amount of dedication, but still looks like a cool game nonetheless. Looks like this has three platinum achievers now, so that's pretty cool.

Wow, didn't see Vitaminless get his plat, but congrats to all of them. Not many will get the plat. If you look at Steam achievements as a metric, I think the avg time to 100% Super Meat Boy was like 80-100 hours or something like that and a bunch of people did it. The average time to 100% this game was something like 800+ hours. This game will humble you. And note that the game itself isn't so difficult up until Coda. I was able to do the all characters run within a few days of practice, but I was very careful. But there's a reason people are taking ~ 1 year to plat this game. The nightmare will start when you begin practicing Coda and it's hard to convey just how frustrating it is until you've experienced that nightmare for yourself, lol. 

Trying to get back into it a bit when I have some spare time. Got to zone 3 again with Coda a few times after not having played for months. I'm using a shitty Mac keyboard, which makes it difficult.

If you want to do a Coda run, you must frequently practice Bolt runs to get the beat down perfectly. The majority of your deaths will be from missing a beat. The first challenge is training your brain to not be surprised about enemies randomly popping out and missing the beat. 

Best of luck. I recommend starting out with a keyboard and a Zim4. It makes it much easier and enjoyable to play. 

• Like 2

On 13-4-2017 at 10:04 PM, Beatmania2dxs said:

Wow, didn't see Vitaminless get his plat, but congrats to all of them. Not many will get the plat. If you look at Steam achievements as a metric, I think the avg time to 100% Super Meat Boy was like 80-100 hours or something like that and a bunch of people did it. The average time to 100% this game was something like 800+ hours. This game will humble you. And note that the game itself isn't so difficult up until Coda. I was able to do the all characters run within a few days of practice, but I was very careful. But there's a reason people are taking ~ 1 year to plat this game. The nightmare will start when you begin practicing Coda and it's hard to convey just how frustrating it is until you've experienced that nightmare for yourself, lol. 

Trying to get back into it a bit when I have some spare time. Got to zone 3 again with Coda a few times after not having played for months. I'm using a shitty Mac keyboard, which makes it difficult.

If you want to do a Coda run, you must frequently practice Bolt runs to get the beat down perfectly. The majority of your deaths will be from missing a beat. The first challenge is training your brain to not be surprised about enemies randomly popping out and missing the beat. 

Best of luck. I recommend starting out with a keyboard and a Zim4. It makes it much easier and enjoyable to play. 

Yep he finally did it. It's insane to see how long it took though. Over the past few months he's been sharing his progress and roughly four months ago he died at his final character on the all char low % run (It was on a Bard run at zone 3). Now four months later he finally pulled it off. This definitely shows how difficult it is.

He said that he spend over 1000+ hours in total so that avg completion time seems about right. I've spend around 450 hours so far.

Glad to see you back in the saddle. Haven't heard from you in a while. Still think you're able to pull it off as long as you don't give up man. As for myself I'm thinking about getting back to it soon enough as well. :D

On 4/15/2017 at 2:28 AM, Floriiss said:

Yep he finally did it. It's insane to see how long it took though. Over the past few months he's been sharing his progress and roughly four months ago he died at his final character on the all char low % run (It was on a Bard run at zone 3). Now four months later he finally pulled it off. This definitely shows how difficult it is.

He said that he spend over 1000+ hours in total so that avg completion time seems about right. I've spend around 450 hours so far.

Glad to see you back in the saddle. Haven't heard from you in a while. Still think you're able to pull it off as long as you don't give up man. As for myself I'm thinking about getting back to it soon enough as well. :D

Yeah, I know can do it, but it is a large time commitment. I quit at the point where I was regularly getting to Zone 3 and sometimes getting to zone 3 boss. Grad school, gf, and a regular workout schedule leaves me crippled by the end of the week, lol. 

I don't want to destroy my new Macbook pro. I should buy a new keyboard for the PS4. 

Edit: omg, zone 3 boss just now with no phasing. Fuck, I can fucking do this. 

Edit again: Made it to zone 3-3 a dozen times today. Now I remember why I broke my keyboard in half. 

Edited by Beatmania2dxs
  • Like 2

On 4/17/2017 at 11:36 PM, Floriiss said:

Awesome dude! You're getting close now! :o

I'm getting there. Just finished a zone 4-1 run without phasing. Can't believe I was that unlucky not to have phasing the whole run. Death metal zone 3-4 boss, but had the heart item to knock out the enemies slowly, lol. Prob couldn't finish zone 4 without phasing, just no way. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2017 at 11:36 PM, Floriiss said:

Awesome dude! You're getting close now! :o

SWEET MOTHER OF BABY FUCKING JESUS. ???

Dude, it was such a fucking epic run. I was fucking flying like Aladdin on his magic carpet all the way to the end. I get to boss 4-4 and it's of course Death Metal. But wait, I get a freeze scroll on zone 4-3. I'm just like, fuck yeah, I got this. So I have both Karate GI and Glass jaw, no idea what the damage on that was. Good thing I looked it up ( = 4). I get to Death metal, freeze and then THROW my fucking dagger to the right because my keyboard is configured that way. Still kill the mofo after picking it up and fucking frolic to the exit. No potion, ftw. awwyea.jpg

Now I just have to do it on PS4, lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

SWEET MOTHER OF BABY FUCKING JESUS. 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Dude, it was such a fucking epic run. I was fucking flying like Aladdin on his magic carpet all the way to the end. I get to boss 4-4 and it's of course Death Metal. But wait, I get a freeze scroll on zone 4-3. I'm just like, fuck yeah, I got this. So I have both Karate GI and Glass jaw, no idea what the damage on that was. Good thing I looked it up ( = 4). I get to Death metal, freeze and then THROW my fucking dagger to the right because my keyboard is configured that way. Still kill the mofo after picking it up and fucking frolic to the exit. No potion, ftw. awwyea.jpg

Now I just have to do it on PS4, lol.

Woohoo awesome job man! Knew you could do it. Too bad it's not on PS4 tho. Hopefully you'll pull it off on console soon enough as well. :)

42 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Woohoo awesome job man! Knew you could do it. Too bad it's not on PS4 tho. Hopefully you'll pull it off on console soon enough as well. :)

Haha yeah. I have an easier time on the PS4, tbh. Dude, look at this keyboard I have to work with on the Mac. It's a miracle I even did it at all. I think a 10:58 is pretty good for a first clear too. Time to buy another keyboard for the PS4. 

• Like 2