Crypt of the NecroDancer DLC Amplified

REAPER4536

19 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I picked up this game at the last big US sale, but will hold off playing it until I catch up on some ungotten trophies from games already begun or completed, just in case I suck like a black hole at it and never come close to 100%.

Welcome to your journey of pain. 

5 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Is it possible to plat this game playing it only on PS Vita?

It would be extremely difficult. 

The issue is moving around while hitting beats at double speed with Coda and Bolt. While you could probably pass all zones with Bolt with a Vita, it would take a lot of extra work to perfect Bolt low% and maintain the beat for Coda. You'll be constantly asking yourself why you weren't using a keyboard. Death Metal is something like 330 beats per minute. Good luck doing that with your thumb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

It would be extremely difficult. 

The issue is moving around while hitting beats at double speed with Coda and Bolt. While you could probably pass all zones with Bolt with a Vita, it would take a lot of extra work to perfect Bolt low% and maintain the beat for Coda. You'll be constantly asking yourself why you weren't using a keyboard. Death Metal is something like 330 beats per minute. Good luck doing that with your thumb.

It sounds discouraging, I can give it a try though. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

It sounds discouraging, I can give it a try though. Thanks.

Good luck. You can do up to all characters run with the Vita, IMO. I used mine up until that point. The issue that I mentioned above is maybe easier to see when you consider that 330 BPM is 5.5 beats per second. So hit your directional pad 5-6 times each second with your thumb, that's how fast you have to be. I can maintain the beat with Bolt fairly well now and I tried to do it on the directional pad. It was a joke cause it was too hard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

Good luck. You can do up to all characters run with the Vita, IMO. I used mine up until that point. The issue that I mentioned above is maybe easier to see when you consider that 330 BPM is 5.5 beats per second. So hit your directional pad 5-6 times each second with your thumb, that's how fast you have to be. I can maintain the beat with Bolt fairly well now and I tried to do it on the directional pad. It was a joke cause it was too hard. 

Thanks for the tips. I don't mind how long it takes to plat this game as long as I plat it. Since I don't own a PS4 yet, I'll play it on Vita as I like challenging games.

On 7/7/2017 at 6:56 PM, Deceptrox said:

Thanks for the tips. I don't mind how long it takes to plat this game as long as I plat it. Since I don't own a PS4 yet, I'll play it on Vita as I like challenging games.

Personally, I don't think it's "possible" with the directional pad to pass lowest of the low because of Bolt. You'll see. It's difficult to describe the frustration unless you've experienced it yourself. Truly, It's a nightmare and that's with a ton of practice. Still die all the time due to RNG. 

Anybody else pumped for the new incoming DLC? A bunch of new characters and two new bosses and it is confirmed that it is coming to consoles (TBA). Thankfully no crazy trophies for the DLC. Just a good old fashioned all characters run (no low%, thank god). But that's 14 characters in a row? 

5 hours ago, Beatmania2dxs said:

Anybody else pumped for the new incoming DLC? A bunch of new characters and two new bosses and it is confirmed that it is coming to consoles (TBA). Thankfully no crazy trophies for the DLC. Just a good old fashioned all characters run (no low%, thank god). But that's 14 characters in a row? 

Oh really?! Sweet! I've always wondered whether or not they'll bring the DLC to console. It's been a while for sure. Glad to see the DLC trophies won't be as crazy as the base game trophies. Definitely will be picking it up. Keep me updated about the release date, aye?! :D

16 hours ago, Floriiss said:

Oh really?! Sweet! I've always wondered whether or not they'll bring the DLC to console. It's been a while for sure. Glad to see the DLC trophies won't be as crazy as the base game trophies. Definitely will be picking it up. Keep me updated about the release date, aye?! :D

New character Tempo = 1 hit kills with blood dagger to start. Dies in 15 beats. Resets after killing an enemy. Automatic hard mode (2 mini bosses) and tons of enemies. 

Mary = protect the lamb, lmao. 

Nocturna is kind've fun and easy. You can turn into a bat and stuff. Weapon parries and works like javelin. 

So new all characters run is 13 characters. Tempo sounds like it would be the hardest. 

On 6.7.2017 at 8:55 PM, Beatmania2dxs said:

Yeah, I'm still practicing Bolt Low% a lot and can't do it consistently yet. There is a lot of random stuff you die on. All it takes is a minor mistake and your run is pretty much over. It's frustrating.

If you want to do Low% you probably will have to buy a Xim4 at some point. I can sell you mine for a cheaper price if you want. But I don't know when I will be done with this game. One day I think I'm ready, then the next day I can't even do Dove or Bolt. 

As I'm still not that far in the game and you are, keep the selling thing in mind. When you finish the game I'll gladly buy it from you. :) 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 7/7/2017 at 12:08 PM, Deceptrox said:

Is it possible to plat this game playing it only on PS Vita?

Surprising yes, however it is so much more difficult as it's missing some new features, it doesn't even have the latency calibration, so for the entire game you have to play with 0 latency, which makes the beat impossibly hard to dance to. Also, the Vita version has a crashing issue that happens a lot, which can kill a good run on any character.
On 4/9/2017 at 7:40 AM, AJ_Radio said:

So will Crypt of the Necrodancer reach the "Super Meat Boy" levels of difficulty and actually be doable for a lot of people?

Or will this game still remain in the balance as the Ultimate Challenge where only 1 out of 10000 players will get the platinum?

No, next DLC it will most likely not be the hardest, thanks to Synchrony's exclusive online multiplayer. it's still going to be difficult, though, as this is still crypt, but with online multiplayer, you have more than one chance. Probably going to see a load of boosting sessions on this game once Synchrony is out.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi