Favorite PS Plus game of 2016

marvelboy10

IIRC I only activated three IGC-games last year:
Dirt 3 (but only to get the VIP-Pass)

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Transformers: Devastation

TBH I don't think that I will ever play Transformers: Devastation so the only game that could be really chosen as my favorite is PoP and I have to say it was really a nice surprise and I found it quite entertaining. Dirt 3 is also nice but doesn't really count as I prefer to play the retail Complete Edition I own.

• Like 1

The only PS Plus games I played from 2016 are Gone Home and Actual Sunlight, I hated both :|. Tropico 5 was also part of the line-up though, but I already bought that at launch (early 2015 I think). I guess I'll pick Tropico 5 then as that game was quite fun.

I forgot that Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was part of 2016's IGC as well. That's most definitely my favorite PlayStation Plus game of 2016!

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I haven't played any game from PS+ 2016 (was busy clearing backlog and a lot of PS+ games from 2015) but I have high expectation for Yakuza 5 (actually just started because I had to finish 3 & 4 first) and Transformer Devastation.

Many other games caught my interest so I can say overall it's worth my $40/year sub

Well i Got the PsPlus just in the last 2 Motnhs so games of November or December for me (+ Journey in Septmber and Deadly Tower in October since they were short) and between this I Plaied Costume quest 2 on Ps3 and Color Guardians on Ps4 (So Far of course i have other game from that months i want to play) so Costume quest 2 i guess, a game i wanted already some years ago but never got it and yeah i really enjoied it :D

• Like 1

I don't think I played many + games this year. The two that stand out in my head are Grim Fandango and P4AU. Plat both. I've always been a Tim Schaefer fan, so Grim was a no-brainer. I would have never tried P4AU if it wasn't for + though. Glad I did. I enjoyed it so much tyat i went out and bought P4A recently. 

Edited by Phil
Typo correction

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember every PS+ game I downloaded in 2016 and I probably haven't even played half of them yet but I would have to go with Tropico 5. Back in the day I used to spend hours playing Sim City 2000 and Tropico 5 is like Sim City 2000 on some serious steroids. I had an absolute blast playing this game even if the learning curve on how to get a stable economy and suitably plan a city layout was very steep. Once I knew how to do those things the game was a breeze. Luckily I was also able to get the DLC at half price during a sale as well.

It was a great year for me as i got a lot of great games from PS+.

First of all Yakuza 5, a game i wanted to be localised from the day it was announced, but i still haven't played cause i want to finish quite a lot of my backlog before i am sucked by this game. Other great games were Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Actual Sunlight, Saints Row: Gat ut Of Hell, Amnesia: Memories, Table Top Racing, Medal Of Honor: Warfighter, I Am Alive, Zombi, Transformers: Devastation, Siren: Blood Curse.

Let's hope for 2017 to be just as good and even better:)!