Should I be worried about "Community Ambassador"?

d1l2e3v4

I recently bought the GOTY Edition off the EU January sale, quite enjoying the game, tier 7 right now in career mode, but.

i've checked the Driver Network Community Events, and see that they are all completed and over.

When will the events start again? 

Because i really dont want another unobtainable on my list :/

On 4/1/2017 at 3:33 PM, d1l2e3v4 said:

I recently bought the GOTY Edition off the EU January sale, quite enjoying the game, tier 7 right now in career mode, but.

i've checked the Driver Network Community Events, and see that they are all completed and over.

When will the events start again? 

Because i really dont want another unobtainable on my list :/

EDIT: I'm going for it now, this year it's the last chance to get it.

I hope I can make it to 20 challenges.

Edited by charlijaen

14 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

In few tweets SMS said 2017 is going to be big for pCARS.

I wouldn't be too worried.

You should also follow This event page

We're 4 days in to the new year. Give the guys at SMS some time and I'm sure we'll see some new events come up.

They could be teasing the sequel but we'll see i guess. 

Thanks for the link and info :)

Yeah even if they continue making events they'll all have DLC requirements to enter, which is complete bullshit. Is it that hard to make more than one event every few months? Even one event per month is crazy, meaning you have to play the game for 20 months, but ok, if that's how they want the trophy to be, fine. At least fix it then and make it actually possible to get it without owning any DLC. Fuck Slightly Mad Studios.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndreaLupino said:

At the end of 2016 i partecipated at 18 events.... now I see some oldest events has been deleted and my score is in only 14 events!!!

WHY?? WHY?? WHY???

It might have deleted the Japan Qualifiers from the count, IIRC there were four of them in the list.

Basically it means everyone's count is down by four...

6 minutes ago, AndreaLupino said:

At the end of 2016 i partecipated at 18 events.... now I see some oldest events has been deleted and my score is in only 14 events!!!

WHY?? WHY?? WHY???

It might have deleted the Japan Qualifiers from the count, IIRC there were four of them in the list.

Basically it means everyone's count is down by four...

We are having a long discussion in pst.org about this trophy. Some thoughts and infos about this trophy:

A- It's glitchy since launch. They developed a quick-fix, pressing square in every event, but it will likely fail if you needed more than one year to complete all of them, because events of past seasons get delisted, so it's likely all your efforts until now is going to waste next year. It's a consensus with the other forum that the only way that you will be 100% sure to get the trophy is to do the 20 events in the same year. In 2016 it's mean buying DLCs, because of the 36 events, only 15 were free (vanilla game and free DLCs).

B- If they took pity upon us, they will not delist the 2016 events, making their "quick-fix" way works with both 2016 and 2017 events, respecting the people who did the 2016 free events. However, i don't believe they will do it, screwing with us.

C- There will be new events next year if an moderator post in their official forum is to be trusted. HOWEVER, no news about how many events there will be, and if they will be free or DLC only.

D- They are aiming to launch PC2 in September, so IMO, there will be a series of events BEFORE PC2 launch (to do a PC1 send-off, and a warmup to PC2), but when it's launched, it's over.

Overall, if you want this plat, I recommend that you buy the DLCs and pay CLOSE attention on the dates of the events, preferably in-game. Some of the events they advertise o the Facebook page are IRL ones or online racing leagues, so the community events can be hidden between these "more important ones", and you can't afford to lose one.

• 3 months later...