TMNT Mutants in Manhattan Delisted 01/04/2017

2 hours ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Yep, that's the one. 

This is the only thing that scares me about the all digital future. It's really becoming a buy now or buy never thing. I'd really love Plants VS Zombies on my Vita but that's just gone & unavailable physically. 

And that's why I say you better buy it while you still can. Especially physical since there's a very good chance you won't see that game again much less in 6 months time when it gets the inevitable price-cut. 

3 hours ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Yep, that's the one. 

This is the only thing that scares me about the all digital future. It's really becoming a buy now or buy never thing. I'd really love Plants VS Zombies on my Vita but that's just gone & unavailable physically. 

Can still be purchased http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/plants-vs-zombiestm-ps-vita/99291

Probs just Activision doing some license renewals, odds are it will pop back up some time in the future.

As for Spider-Man, they obviously took them down and are preparing to replace them with the HD remake of Spider-Man 2 in prep of the new game... right?

15 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

All 3 of those games can still be bought physically though.

Yes, though presumably - assuming some sort of licencing agreement has expired or something - no new copies will be produced. So one will have to rely on existing stock and the second hand market.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Yes, though presumably - assuming some sort of licencing agreement has expired or something - no new copies will be produced. So one will have to rely on existing stock and the second hand market.

I would hazard a guess that it is a licencing agreement that is causing the delisting, which would mean no new physical copies will be allowed to be produced. I'm not sure how many have been produced up to this point, but at least there is still an option for people wanting to buy this or the Amazing Spiderman games, unlike if the games were digital only.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Wonder if this bodes ill for the online servers. :hmm: I want to start, but worried I won't be able to get the online trophies.

Glancing through the trophies it looks like there is only one or two online required trophies, but several trophies that I would imagine being super hard without coop.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna be honest: it was deserved.

Everybody was complaining about this game for no good reasons... Imo, this game is fun, I love TMNT and those 50€ I gave were well spent.

Sure this could have a couch coop but it doesnt make the game a bad thing as people say. Now good luck finding it physical, it will be an underated game with big values soon.

Just hope they dont close their servers aswell...

3 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I'm gonna be honest: it was deserved.

Everybody was complaining about this game for no good reasons... Imo, this game is fun, I love TMNT and those 50€ I gave were well spent.

Sure this could have a couch coop but it doesnt make the game a bad thing as people say. Now good luck finding it physical, it will be an underated game with big values soon.

Just hope they dont close their servers aswell...

I even heard TMNT mentioned as one of the worst games of 2016 just the other day. Which I think was undeserved. 

Having said that I think it should have had couch coop.

• 2 weeks later...

Been curious about this game, sucks I can't snag it on a PSN sale or something now. Retail prices are not ideal here for it.

At least it has a physical copy. Was curious about Out of the Shadows, even though it doesn't look great.

Digital only is the future~ Gross. Delisting is so lame. The industry needs to handle this kind of thing better. It's the worst with games.

Craving them Turtles. maybe I'll just redownload Re-Shelled and try to get the other trophies in it or something.

Edited by Elvick_

• 1 month later...

So I own this game digitally..at least I thought I did, it's in my library..I had to uninstall it because the lack of free space I had, at the time..now that we have external hard drive support I go to redownload the game...but I cannot..what gives?..I understand it's been delisted and people can no longer buy it digitally..but I own the game..I should be able to re download the thing..I go to download it..and instead of having a download option..it just says "overview"

1 minute ago, Property_Damage said:

So I own this game digitally..at least I thought I did, it's in my library..I had to uninstall it because the lack of free space I had, at the time..now that we have external hard drive support I go to redownload the game...but I cannot..what gives?..I understand it's been delisted and people can no longer buy it digitally..but I own the game..I should be able to re download the thing..I go to download it..and instead of having a download option..it just says "overview"

Have you tried going to your download management from the website or the app?