What´s your experience with invisible mode?

Quink666

So i just beat Episode 2 on invisible mode and Claires chapter was a bit frustrating since i decided to kill Pedro while not using any sub weapons. Barrys chapter was a cakewalk.

Are any of the other chapters as challenging as Claire episode 2?

Edited by Quink666

In general, it was brutal. At least Claire's campaign was. I remember barely beating Episode 3 with no ammo or herbs left and I was down to my last hit just swinging the knife at Neil's weak spot until it finally popped. I also remember wanting to shelve the game, because I couldn't beat the final stretch of Episode 2. Barry's campaign was a breeze until Episode 4 where I beat the final boss with a smoke bomb after exhausting everything else. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have to say that this mode is one hell of a pain in the ass and require a lots of patience, definitely should be awarded by silver trophies for each chapter as well as the ones for the Countdown Mode. And I have to say that just like you I have the most problems with the Claire's chapter 2, especially the first part, after this chapter 3 for both Claire and Barry are both pretty challenging but yet beatable. Now I have to only worry about Chapter 4 and Barry's part, since well the Claire's one is still a joke.

• 2 months later...

I actually hated Claire Countdown lvl 2 more. Thats the one where you have to clear the room with the cannon fatty?  I would get to that bit, but die a few times, and that would runoff a bit of clock each time, sothat I didn't have enough time to get to the check point so I had to restart the level (I restarted several times). it took me a few times of that before I realized dying ran off clock.  I lost a lot of will to play the game after that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished this mode, and I actually was expecting it to be worse than it was. Using Moira most of the time during those parts worked well because I could stun enemies with her flashlight, and then either I or Claire would do the one-hit kill follow up attack (or we'd do it at the same time, lol). It was a little harder with Barry, but mostly in episode 4 since it has a ton of enemies, some of which you really can't skip. Luckily I had saved up a bunch of my sub-weapons and ammo and was able to take out Alex almost immediately.

I played every modes in episode before i moved to next one. Now i'm thinking it would have been easier to clear game normally, countdown mode and last invisible because you are near fully upgrades at the end. Few annoing parts but nothing super hard where you get stuck

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't have any issues with Invisible mode. Had the bulk of my skills maxed out before starting though.

Take advantage of the i frames that come from crouching and the chance to withstand a death blow, to preserve herbs for boss fights. Your side characters also get free healings over time, take advantage of this to draw in attacks to get visibility on enemies.

Even if invisible, enemies can be trained away from objectives, sparing your ammo. Know where the better weapons are located on each map and grab them. 

Patience wins the mode.

Edited by VigilantCrow