Let It Die Surpasses 1 Million Downloads, Weekend Event Freebies

BIOHAZARD-R-US

The survival game was released a month ago on December 3rd as a free-to-play PS4 exclusive title. To celebrate, Grasshopper Manufacturer is hosting an event from January 6th through the 8th, giving out Death Metal each day. There will also be an Uncle Death underwear challenge, Premium Decals, and more info to come. Keep in mind that 1 million downloads only includes North America and Europe, as the game has not been released in Japan yet, which should increase downloads quite substantially.

Sources: 

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/04/let-it-die-hits-one-million-downloads-celebrating-with-in-game-event-this-weekend/

https://www.destructoid.com/let-it-die-has-passed-a-million-downloads-409740.phtml

Let It Die's official Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/LETITDIETheGame/

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skateak said:

Anyone with opinions on the game? I have been looking at it since it came out but haven't downloaded it.

your better off not getting it as you would need to wait every day to get death medals and they are used for lots of things coming back to life on the spot is one of them the other is upgrading your back to carry more and also used to hurry things along and basicly if you ask me this game is pure pay to win as there is no big finally boss and you having to wait every day to get just 5 death medals is too much if you ask me

don't use death metals to revive, just pay the 5k kill coins instead (or higher depending on your level) they are super easy to come by.  I've only spent death metals on storage upgrades so far and have 120 storage with 16 death metal coins still left to spend.  you can get them from quests too btw if you didn't already know

4 hours ago, skateak said:

Anyone with opinions on the game? I have been looking at it since it came out but haven't downloaded it.

Its good, and that the problem I had with it, it was taking up a load of my time that the games I'd bought were piling up so I deleted it

3 hours ago, KANERKB said:

your better off not getting it as you would need to wait every day to get death medals and they are used for lots of things coming back to life on the spot is one of them the other is upgrading your back to carry more and also used to hurry things along and basicly if you ask me this game is pure pay to win as there is no big finally boss and you having to wait every day to get just 5 death medals is too much if you ask me

Why do you talk so bad about a game you have 0 idea about?  You dont need DM to revive your character , you can use normal coins aswell . Later you unlock the "collector" class who can carry more items.   And why should you hurry up 10 min-30min research?  This game is absolutly not pay to win .  you can play many many hours without spending a single Death Metal.  If you still want to spend some than you have enough by just logging in frequently , you even get premium pass for free here and there.

This game is absolutly no Pay to win ... its soooo far away of pay to win. 

2 hours ago, Xionx said:

Why do you talk so bad about a game you have 0 idea about?  You dont need DM to revive your character , you can use normal coins aswell . Later you unlock the "collector" class who can carry more items.   And why should you hurry up 10 min-30min research?  This game is absolutly not pay to win .  you can play many many hours without spending a single Death Metal.  If you still want to spend some than you have enough by just logging in frequently , you even get premium pass for free here and there.

This game is absolutly no Pay to win ... its soooo far away of pay to win. 

I have no idea what gave you the idea of me not playing this game, I played it the day it come out and I was really annoyed with how you must use death medals to do everything and if they patched it after that day with letting you pay the in game cash to come back I could careless as I didn't like what I saw at that time, weapons found in the floors brake easy and the ones you make have better stats and last longer but they brake as fast as a dead island modded weapon does.

Also I could careless if you say it is not pay to win as making so many things have you grind for days on end to get anywhere is not fun to me and I know a lot of people who hate grinding in games, I am fine with grinding at places where I know an item will pop up from I did that a lot in kh1 and other rpg games but random gen is not my thing also I was hyped for this and I was annoyed a lot about what I saw in the game, bottom line here is don't throw into someone's face saying "you have 0 idea about so and so" when you know nothing about them, as you won't know if they did play it or not as just checking their trophy list to see if they got the game or not is a waste as they could of made the list hidden or deleted it.

Anyways I said my part I just said what I thought of the game and there is no true right or wrong reply to this

Edited by KANERKB

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

I have no idea what gave you the idea of me not playing this game, I played it the day it come out and I was really annoyed with how you must use death medals to do everything and if they patched it after that day with letting you pay the in game cash to come back I could careless as I didn't like what I saw at that time, weapons found in the floors brake easy and the ones you make have better stats and last longer but they brake as fast as a dead island modded weapon does.

Also I could careless if you say it is not pay to win as making so many things have you grind for days on end to get anywhere is not fun to me and I know a lot of people who hate grinding in games, I am fine with grinding at places where I know an item will pop up from I did that a lot in kh1 and other rpg games but random gen is not my thing also I was hyped for this and I was annoyed a lot about what I saw in the game, bottom line here is don't throw into someone's face saying "you have 0 idea about so and so" when you know nothing about them, as you won't know if they did play it or not as just checking their trophy list to see if they got the game or not is a waste as they could of made the list hidden or deleted it.

If you say you dont like it because of grinding than thats your opinion and i respect your opinion .

But coming here and talking lies and wrong statments , because you dont like a game is absolutly a no go. I never said you have not played it , i said you have 0 idea because 95% of your comment was wrong .  They never changed the revive system, you just never realised that you can revive your char in base with kill coins.

All things you posted in second post is ok , if you dont like it , dont play it .  But posting "pay to win" and other stupid lies, you can  search other places to post your BS.

Like i said , breaking weapons , grinding coins , grinding levels etc can be reason to not playing it.  But keep it clean with opinions and not wrong statments.

17 minutes ago, Xionx said:

If you say you dont like it because of grinding than thats your opinion and i respect your opinion .

But coming here and talking lies and wrong statments , because you dont like a game is absolutly a no go. I never said you have not played it , i said you have 0 idea because 95% of your comment was wrong .  They never changed the revive system, you just never realised that you can revive your char in base with kill coins.

All things you posted in second post is ok , if you dont like it , dont play it .  But posting "pay to win" and other stupid lies, you can  search other places to post your BS.

Like i said , breaking weapons , grinding coins , grinding levels etc can be reason to not playing it.  But keep it clean with opinions and not wrong statments.

As I said before I played it when it came out and stopped when I ran out of death medals and I never saw a "use kill coins to pop back to life again" anywhere along with it so if they did have that am sorry I made that mistake but at the same time I stand by what I said about this I think it is pure pay to win and I said it in my first post here "If you ask me this is pure pay to win" as if you want to hurry along like most do. There is no need to call what I say bs or lies, as I said in all of my posts "what I think" it is what I think if you think am wrong there is no problem as am not saying it is so and so.

Anyways I like to stop it here as we are both going off topic and wasting each others time with this.

Edited by KANERKB

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

As I said before I played it when it came out and stopped when I ran out of death medals and I never saw a "use kill coins to pop back to life again" anywhere along with it so if they did have that am sorry but at the same time I stand by what I said about this I think it is pure pay to win and I said it in my first post here "If you ask me this is pure pay to win" as if you want to hurry along like most do. There is no need to call what I say bs or lies, as I said in all of my posts "what I think" it is what I think if you think am wrong there is no problem as am not saying it is so and so.

Anyways I like to stop it here as we are both going off topic and wasting each others time with this.

See my problem here is that you tell someone to not play it because its pay to win.  And thats absolutly wrong.

1) You dont need DM to revive , you can use it instead of Coins and running up to tower again.

2) you can you DM to speed up research , but why need that? just play the game while research is running. DM is just to make it quicker.

3) you can use DM to increase you storage , which i used my free DM on , but again not necessary to win the game.

Pay 2 Win means , gamer with money win easily against gamer without money . which is in an 90% singleplayer game not really the case.  And if you mean "Winning game by reaching the top" ... you can do this without paying single cent . Maybe its quicker with DM .. but the whole game is about climbing the tower ... thats the goal.

And you get so many DM for free , you can always keep some free DM for a revive if you really are short on normal coins.

Looks like you never played a real pay to win game .  If you "think " its pay to win , than you are wrong. If you dont like the game because of other reasons , than its fine. I never said the game is appealing to everyone , there are down sides. I just dont like it if people tell others to not play a game because of wrong statements . That triggers me.

I just can tell everyone who wants to try it , just try it. its free to play so you dont lose anything by just trying it.  (except of a 50gb+ download which is pretty annoying tbh)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xionx said:

See my problem here is that you tell someone to not play it because its pay to win.  And thats absolutly wrong.

1) You dont need DM to revive , you can use it instead of Coins and running up to tower again.

2) you can you DM to speed up research , but why need that? just play the game while research is running. DM is just to make it quicker.

3) you can use DM to increase you storage , which i used my free DM on , but again not necessary to win the game.

Pay 2 Win means , gamer with money win easily against gamer without money . which is in an 90% singleplayer game not really the case.  And if you mean "Winning game by reaching the top" ... you can do this without paying single cent . Maybe its quicker with DM .. but the whole game is about climbing the tower ... thats the goal.

And you get so many DM for free , you can always keep some free DM for a revive if you really are short on normal coins.

Looks like you never played a real pay to win game .  If you "think " its pay to win , than you are wrong. If you dont like the game because of other reasons , than its fine. I never said the game is appealing to everyone , there are down sides. I just dont like it if people tell others to not play a game because of wrong statements . That triggers me.

I just can tell everyone who wants to try it , just try it. its free to play so you dont lose anything by just trying it.  (except of a 50gb+ download which is pretty annoying tbh)

I have played some pay to win games but they were mostly card games like hearthstone however I already know what pay to win is and it does happen a lot as enemy players can easily place their character in a low level part of the game and let their hater kill the crap out of low levelled players as they have better gear and I can say that as when I was level 8 I saw level 14 and 19 characters pop up all over the starting floors and they had better gear then me and they would kill me a lot that also came into the pay to win part to me.

Anyways you made your point I was wrong with the dm needing to be used for coming back I didn't know and am sorry but I think it is best we stop this now thanks.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

it is pay to win. u have to grind every time money just to revive your character wich is bullshit. in games like dark souls or bloodborne u just respawn on the last lamp or bonfire and there is no grind to it. people that dont buy death metals have to constantly raid people to get money just to revive their characters. its time consuming and unnecessary. u also respawn on the spot if u use a death metal wich is also broken. it doesnt matter how many times u die what matters is how many death metals u can pay. i would also not recommend this game to anybody. u are better off playing demon souls, dark souls or bloodborne.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eylside said:

it is pay to win. u have to grind every time money just to revive your character wich is bullshit. in games like dark souls or bloodborne u just respawn on the last lamp or bonfire and there is no grind to it. people that dont buy death metals have to constantly raid people to get money just to revive their characters. its time consuming and unnecessary. u also respawn on the spot if u use a death metal wich is also broken. it doesnt matter how many times u die what matters is how many death metals u can pay. i would also not recommend this game to anybody. u are better off playing demon souls, dark souls or bloodborne.

So you compare a free to play with full price game? That makes even less sense sorry.  Grinding coins , materials etc is part of the game , same as Warframe and other free to play games.  It is not meant to play from floor 1 to 40 and win the game at one day . 

I  saw a lot of people playing it without using single DM , and if you send your characters on raids , and raid some other bases , and play the game smart than you dont run out of coins . 

IF you rush through the floors without grinding better gear , mastery , levels than you will die constantly.   BUT than you play the game wrong. you dont rush through floors.

• Like 2

Even *I've* seen television commercials for this game on TV. I don't even watch channels related to gaming. So that means they've spent quite a bit to get their name out there.

Sounds like they've found a path to success. Hopefully they can turn those 1 million free downloaders into spenders.

9 minutes ago, Eylside said:

I don't think you're using Pay to Win the rest of the world uses Pay to Win.

Started the game yesterday after watching some Streams on twitch of how it was and found it really good so why not? And yeah it's really good, such a fun and challenging game especially Against Haters (Other palyers Fighters that died in that floor), i even met a friend of mine on PSN Hater xD And who cares if they are stronger at the ebginning (Met Lv30 With me Level 1) Just run away, after Some hours you'll be Lv30 too and can fight them :) 

So i'm happy of this goal they reached and the fact that they will give DM Coins For free this 3 days :3 Can't wait for february when the game release in Japan and there should be a new japanese update with new enemies and stuf!!! 

The game is absolutely no Pain to Win, didn't pay nohing and i have after 3 Hours a lot of items and even 8 DM Coins to say.

The Grind, the hard difficulty, this kind of stuff well, it's a gameplay similar to Dark soul just simplier, it should be expected that isn't Just a breeze to go through it!

I love the game and play it at least a little bit daily since release.  I'm hanging back from progressing to grind out rare mats to R&D pretty much everything while I try to get my 100 successful defenses trophy. The game is pretty polarizing, as a lot of Suda51 stuff is, very love it or hate it. There is a lot of grinding if you want the 100%, or really just want to be sufficiently prepared for the tower, but I love to listen to podcasts or YouTube stuff while I play, so this game lends itself nicely to that effect. 

As far as the pay to win nonsense, that has no basis in reality. I bought an express pass to support the Devs and because it offers some nice conveniences and daily decals (and makes grinding nice with free elevator rides), but well over 100 hours in, I hadn't paid for any death metals. If you fail to properly level your character and gear for the floor you are on, no amount of real world money will get you through the game, if it were real pay to win, that would not be the case.   The premium currency will only save you time and or in game gold, or give you increased base storage (by far the best use for them). Not only that, but the game allows you to earn them through quests, log in rewards and gifts. Death metals are limited and valuable, and squandering them all early game on continues when the fighter recover cost from the freezer is so low is a huge waste. 

The game is free, and balanced to be difficult, the game wants you to die (see game title) and pay to continue, exactly the same philosophy of arcade games, but without the initial cost to play, and with options to recover other than premium currency. Honestly, I've never seen a more fair monetization model In a F2P game, and the devs care about making a great game and listen to community feedback. More content is due in February with new weapons, floors, enemies and new TMD and base features as well. 

Edited by MagicSandwych
spelling
  • Like 1

My humble two cents regarding the pay-to-win discussion:

I'd say it's pay-for-convenience at best. As long as you don't die, you don't need to spend a buck. And even if you die, as people have pointed out, there are other means of retrieving your fighters such as KillCoins or just beating them while they're hatified.

However, keep in mind that dying on higher floors could mean that you have to spend hours to grind out the things necessary to get your fighter back. If you consider using Death Metal to revive, this is where you want to start, not on the lower floors.

I kinda don't get the fuzz a lot of people are making about this game. It's for free, check it out. If you like it, consider supporting the developers. After all, those are people like you and me who are trying to make a living with it. And if you don't like it, just delete it off your system and go play something you enjoy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NintendoFreak29 said:

Stupid question, if 1,000,000 downloaded the game, then how come I only see 14,694 and beyond game owners on here?

Two reasons come immediately to mind:

1. This site only tracks a small percentage of the overall PS community.

2. Players have to earn a trophy and sync their accounts in order for this site to log it.

6 hours ago, NintendoFreak29 said:

Stupid question, if 1,000,000 downloaded the game, then how come I only see 14,694 and beyond game owners on here?

You have to update a profile on psnp atleast once to see the person on this site. psnp doesnt take all psn user automaticly , only if you put the name into the psnp homepage and click update.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:22 AM, timey77 said:

I'd say it's pay-for-convenience at best. As long as you don't die, you don't need to spend a buck. And even if you die, as people have pointed out, there are other means of retrieving your fighters such as KillCoins or just beating them while they're hatified.

This. It's only Pay-To-Win if you are terrible at the game or have no patience.

• Like 1

Little info defining "pay-to-win" since everyone using it is getting it wrong.

Pay-to-win is when the game has a weapon or armor or an item that will guarantee victory. Or, pay $5 to beat the boss instantly. Since no one has brought up anything like that here, this game is simply your normal "pay-to-save time". The items being described in this game are time-savers. Spend money and save yourself an hour of grinding.

@caesar clown

On 8.1.2017 at 2:22 PM, timey77 said:

My humble two cents regarding the pay-to-win discussion:

However, keep in mind that dying on higher floors could mean that you have to spend hours to grind out the things necessary to get your fighter back. If you consider using Death Metal to revive, this is where you want to start, not on the lower floors.

I kinda don't get the fuzz a lot of people are making about this game. It's for free, check it out. If you like it, consider supporting the developers. After all, those are people like you and me who are trying to make a living with it. And if you don't like it, just delete it off your system and go play something you enjoy.