ABBUemo

Multiplayer Rank Balancing?

5 posts in this topic

Ok so i'm not the best FPSer out there, not by far but, it seems like no matter what game mode i enter

i seem to be placed in matches consisting of ranks between say 1 to 31

and the apposing team always has the Terminator on their team sprinkled with a few ranks of 60s/70s/80s or 90s...

Down to my question, can i change this at all? or am i stuck having to deal with pros?

BtheW i'm Rank 13, not that it matters. 

Try fiddling with the settings abit (if there is any) i done the MP trophies legit and it wasn't terribly bad, even though there were times i was murdered about 10 times over lol. Of all the overall matches i played i had more deaths than kills by the end of each round. :jaymon: (basically the same with every shooter i play). Make sure you are the squad leader and order your team mates to go to an objective, even if they don't go to the objective you will still earn yourself an extra 100 points on top of the 500 points for capturing the objective. Sometimes i got even more points doing it this way but i haven't a clue how that happened to be honest. Conquest is the best for this as the matches are usually about 20-30mins long depending how good the teams are. Another tip if you haven't done this already ( depending on map) try to the be the first to get on the horse or any vehicle then haul ass to the objective ( make sure you mark it first for the extra points). Hopefully some of this will help you. Good luck. 

Edited by EternalChaos72

35 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Try fiddling with the settings abit (if there is any) i done the MP trophies legit and it wasn't terribly bad, even though there were times i was murdered about 10 times over lol. Of all the overall matches i played i had more deaths than kills by the end of each round. :jaymon: (basically the same with every shooter i play). Make sure you are the squad leader and order your team mates to go to an objective, even if they don't go to the objective you will still earn yourself an extra 100 points on top of the 500 points for capturing the objective. Sometimes i got even more points doing it this way but i haven't a clue how that happened to be honest. Conquest is the best for this as the matches are usually about 20-30mins long depending how good the teams are. Another tip if you haven't done this already ( depending on map) try to the be the first to get on the horse or any vehicle then haul ass to the objective ( make sure you mark it first for the extra points). Hopefully some of this will help you. Good luck. 

You get more points for designating an objective to defend for a period of time (200 points vs. 100 for successful attack, at least in operations--this is the only MP mode I've played). I've been in a lot of squads where the squad leader misses out on tons of points by only assigning attack orders, which may or may not happen quickly or at all. Even if the objective you're defending gets captured, you get partial points, which is better than no points for an attack order that's not successfully followed.

I'm not aiming this at you specifically, it's just a general tip: pick your orders wisely and you can rack up a ton of points even with a terrible K/D ratio like I usually have. I've been in the top 5 of my team and I suuuuuck at these types of games.

EDIT: Just realized I didn't even answer the original question. Apparently the way the game calculates your skill is by using score-per-minute (60%), kills-per-minute (30%), and k/d ratio (only 10%). [all according this this site here, not sure where they got their numbers from] So even if your k/d sucks, you can be considered "skilled" if you get a lot of points in other ways, such as what EternalChaos and I described. So it may not be in your best interest to get high scores from squad orders, depending on what you want to get out of the game. Just something to consider. :)

Edited by RNumbers
clarification

Guy above me kinda got it but tl:dr, this is what that Skill and SPM stats are for.

Matchmaking will place you in a server, on a team based on those stats.

You don't want to play against skill matched players, then lower those stats.

Or just use the browser and join random servers.

Tons of info and a lot to consider thanks all :D