Input lag on this game ?

Fr33d0mT0uch

All games have input lag as its the amount of time it takes for the tv and console to register what button you have pressed. You can reduce this by playing with a cable connected. Also check the input lag your tv has. mines is 30ms which is still pretty high but its good enough and you get used to it. 20ms is probably as low as you can get for a good tv. im using an lg oled which is why mine is still a little high. Then you also have to take into consideration the lag multiplayer gives you. The lower your ping the better but if you are the host then you will be lagging behind everyone.

It has a lot of input lag which  didn´t exist in the original versions. Aparently, it´s a problem of this collection, even on PS2 it had lag. Now, i don´t think it´s THAT much of a problem seeing that Metal Slug you usually don´t relly to much on reactions, not saying it doesn´t play a part sometimes. Besides that, the graphics are horrible with washed collors and a terrible filter.

• 2 weeks later...

There is only one review of this game in metacritic and the bottom line of it is "controls are responsive (...)".

I feel cheated. Game is unplayable. Guy before me talk about 30ms but its about 1500ms. In the game when reaction time is everything!

I finished first 5 slugs soooo many times with no hero loss, but I couldn't pass the first one in the collection with 5 coins. There is ZERO fun in this.

On 5.01.2017 at 10:35 PM, barrymcg said:

All games have input lag as its the amount of time it takes for the tv and console to register what button you have pressed. You can reduce this by playing with a cable connected. Also check the input lag your tv has. mines is 30ms which is still pretty high but its good enough and you get used to it. 20ms is probably as low as you can get for a good tv. im using an lg oled which is why mine is still a little high. Then you also have to take into consideration the lag multiplayer gives you. The lower your ping the better but if you are the host then you will be lagging behind everyone.

Have you even played the game?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I asked for a refund after trying this. It’s unplayable.

I remember owning the PS2 Version and it happens the same. But the PSP Version is great :o

But are you guys talking about the NA version? I though that was the PAL version with such problem...

• 2 months later...

I wonder if they will release a patch for it. They have recently released Metal Slug XX which may make them move their hands to Anthology for a possible fix regarding to input lag issue. I highly doubt it though. I think we should constantly ask for a fix for the issue. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The input lag indeed, even the Original Arcade version got about 4f delay(not emulator), but console version is even worse. The game was design for arcade and gradually go to different game platform. Since the PlayStation is not perfect at all. For those players who has play this series in arcade game Centre since they were young, it’s not a big deal to got platinum. The tip to die less for this kind of game is knowing the way that enemy attack, the knowledge of using each weapon effectively, the easy and safety route and eliminate enemy from high threat to low when surrounded.

I know for some player playing this game is pain in ass. Practice is needed, lower the difficulty will help you to achieve platinum.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just started playing this today and only played some of metal slug 1 and wow this is poor, so much lag, stage 3 was just hell trying to jump with this lag, sometimes my jumps didn't even register till way to late

Edit just played metal slug 6 first stage and there is no lag

Edited by Conker

• 3 weeks later...

Given how you guys were talking about it I thought it would be a lot worse than it is.

I didn’t notice that big of a problem. Assuming Stage 3 of the first game is that snow level, I did have problems on a single rock not jumping in time. I’d just run off the ledge and die. But otherwise it was manageable lag.

I have noticed less input lag in 2, 3 and X. It’s still there, but no where near as noticeable. Coming from the ACA version of 1 and the stand alone port of 3, I can tell the difference but it isn’t too bad. Perhaps if you’re attempting the 5 continues or less legit, the problem is more of a problem. 

• Like 1