Claire - Item & Collectible Maps

dernop

Guess no one really plays Claire huh. Good work, buddy. That would be really handy if I am to replay this on Nightmare someday (seeing as how you can just home-quit game if you die). Thanks.

Bit salty I only missed one butterfly for the trophy, where are you even supposed to get hint about chess puzzle?

Edited by Taobaka

Thank you for all those maps, sure will come in handy when I get stuck. I just purchased the game since it reminded me of Lone Survivor, and I had a blast playing that one.

Can you tell me something about best approach to all the trophies? I plan to start blind playthrough but is there chapter select after or ng+, or all those collectibles MUST BE picked up in ONE playthrough?

Thanks in advance, cheers!

16 hours ago, Radebe78 said:

Can you tell me something about best approach to all the trophies? I plan to start blind playthrough but is there chapter select after or ng+, or all those collectibles MUST BE picked up in ONE playthrough?

hi.

best approach would be to do a playthrough on "story" (normal) while doing basically everything (get all items and do those small side missions). after this you should have every trophy but the nightmare one. on your second (nightmare) playthrough just do the absolutely minimum to get the game done.

and yeah, as far as i remember there is no chapter select nor ng+, so you have to get all the stuff in one playthrough! make sure to keep multiple saves for that.

if you want to do a blind PT first, just go ahead of course. the game is relatively short and perhaps you could even try the nightmare run while grabbing all the stuff after that, if you feel like it. but i wouldn't recommend it. ;)

nightmare isn't too bad, just remember to save often so you don't lose too much progress if you die. it ISN'T permadeath or anything like that btw, you just have to load your latest save file.

overall it's a quite easy plat and the second platinum on the other system should go even faster! :)

have fun!

• Like 1

Thank you for the amazing guide, I've just gotten my plat a few minutes ago. I got all trophies but the nightmare trophy during my first playthrough and the Nightmare playthrough wasn't really that hard at all, just make sure to save as much as you can and when you pick up an important item so in case you die, just reload your save and you'll be okay.

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this!! I know you might have used Oreo's guides on steam to help make this, but I honestly find this to be the most helpful guide in existence on the web. It helped me in every aspect: items, "survivors," butterflies, notes, and story progression! Thanks, again. This is brilliant. 

Edit -> P.S. It also helped me in puzzles.. so literally every aspect 

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Added info

• 2 months later...

I'm getting a bit sick of the butterfly trophy.  Anyone else not get it to unlock?  I got 12 on my 2nd (hardcore) play through, but like I said, it didn't unlock!  I even replayed my save again and finished the game in case it only unlocked at the end. 

Since then, I have replayed the game on 4 or 5 times on story to get it and helping out varying amounts of people to get #9 (carnival).  No matter what I do, I can't get that butterfly...  Am I the only one?  Any advice?

• 1 month later...

First of all great job with the map, helped me a lot through this sometimes confusing but very good game!!!

I still need the "Item Hoarder" Trophy and wondering how this one works... During my first playthrough I collected every butterfly and note, I also checked every room very carefully but in the end I only had around 65 Items collected. I have to mention that I died within this playthrough only 2 or 3 times. In the end of my nightmare I had almost 30 but I definitely did not pick up 30 different items. 
Now I'm wondering if items count each time you pick them up, so if you die you can pick up the same item over and over again... And also I'd like to know which items do count, are butterflies for example items?

I read the item number is 80+.  Butterflies and notes don't count(?) but everything else does.   Make sure you pick up everything, and you should have the trophy with items to spare.  Im pretty sure that I found an item or two not on the maps.

@dernop so i'm reading the whole map, making sure to get every collectible possible, and sure enough, I missed note #5. Turns out that, not only is it not marked on the map, but it is at a point of no return.

The note is called Alone, and it is in the Distorted Room of the Hospital. Final Area. Make sure to check all the rooms in the last hallway:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@dernop so i'm reading the whole map, making sure to get every collectible possible, and sure enough, I missed note #5. Turns out that, not only is it not marked on the map, but it is at a point of no return.

you mean in the Building B, Freezer section? But i wrote there, dead center of the map, that it's a point of no return and there is a Note and Items :o

admittedly it's somewhat hard to read because of the image compression, i never noticed that in my original images sorry.

that's also why i emphasized the following sentence in my original post: "Some collectibles are in areas where there is no in-game map, so these are also not included in the following maps. Make sure to search areas -especially without a map- thoroughly!"

i would advise anyone who gives this game a try and uses my maps to also have the linked collectible guides from steam opened in another tab to cross-check from time to time.

also make sure to make multiple saves and rather load up an earlier save if you notice you missed something.

i know all this doesn't help you much now, but at least a quick "story"-difficulty playthrough while grabbing all notes should take well under 2 hours.

again, sorry for the confusion and good luck!

2 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

That's ok. Now I just need to figure out this Nightmare glitch, and I should have the platinum soon.

they still didn't patch this? 

the nightmare difficulty can actually beneficially glitch on you, that's what happened in my ps4 run so i got this very fast time there. 

no matter what way it glitches, it doesn't seem to affect your current running game, only the save file. so if you ever notice that your save file says it's on another difficulty than it should be, just play the game to the end without reloading the save!

a full nightmare run, while only doing the bare minimum to advance the story, can be done in around 1hr tho'. so it's really not that bad to quickly do it in a single run.

Ok so I have played the Vita version, and managed to get everything, including the ending where I saved everyone. However, when I tried to load the game so as to glitch it and beat the game on Nightmare, the glitch doesn't work, and keeps saying I loaded up my saved data on Normal. Damn. I guess I have to do another playthrough.

Edited by GarciaFever

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 16.5.2017 at 6:05 PM, GarciaFever said:

The note is called Alone, and it is in the Distorted Room of the Hospital. Final Area. Make sure to check all the rooms in the last hallway:

Thx man i've been through twice now and missed that note both times... only thx to your comment i found it now...

On 17.5.2017 at 7:02 AM, dernop said:

you mean in the Building B, Freezer section? But i wrote there, dead center of the map, that it's a point of no return and there is a Note and Items :o

admittedly it's somewhat hard to read because of the image compression, i never noticed that in my original images sorry.

that's also why i emphasized the following sentence in my original post: "Some collectibles are in areas where there is no in-game map, so these are also not included in the following maps. Make sure to search areas -especially without a map- thoroughly!"

It's really hard to read the hint on the 5th note hidden in an area without a proper map... good thing it's the only well hidden note...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/9/2018 at 7:11 AM, DrHambone said:

Will use the images and maps for a second playthrough on Story. Nightmare has less items. bleh...

I played on Story difficulty on my first playthru, and I got tons of items I didn't use.

Second playthru was a breeze. The only time I died on this playthru was, whenever I refused to use health drinks. :facepalm:

Edited by zizimonster
  • Like 1