Activision should Remaster Spyro the Trilogy.

Nexuds121

I always to think that Activision should Remaster Spyro the Trilogy. I mean if Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy gets that special treatment, then Spyro the Trilogy should get it as well, but I preferred Spyro the Trilogy stays remain on classic graphics and install platinum trophies at it.

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Hasn't Activision liscensed Spyro exclusively to Nintendo because of Skylanders for at least a few more years into the future?

Skylanders is on all systems so I don't think so

Regardless, we need to stop remastering things and just release new games. I would be OK with a new Spyro but let us knock off the remastering for awhile

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Hasn't Activision liscensed Spyro exclusively to Nintendo because of Skylanders for at least a few more years into the future?

They only had a deal to have a couple of Nintendo characters be in the Nintendo versions of a Skylanders game, not the current one, the one with the vehicles.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Skylanders is on all systems so I don't think so

Regardless, we need to stop remastering things and just release new games. I would be OK with a new Spyro but let us knock off the remastering for awhile

You are correct. Somehow my brain missed the part where Skylanders rolled out to all systems. I also think if they're going to go ahead with bringing Spyro back, bring Spyro back in an all new title. If it's successful, then do a remaster to ride on that success. 

• Like 1

If the Crash remaster is successful, and I'm pretty certain it will be, then I hope that pushes Activision into giving us a Spyro remaster, I'm enjoying the first game a lot at the moment on PSP. It's so simple to complete, but a lot of fun nonetheless. 

52 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I also think if they're going to go ahead with bringing Spyro back, bring Spyro back in an all new title. If it's successful, then do a remaster to ride on that success. 

I'd do it the other way around. Remaster it and then if it's successful make a new game. I'd be happy either way though I guess.

I loved Spyro as a kid, but there are really enough remasters going around. With remasters alone, I'd already be able to completely fill my 2017 (think all Kingdom Hearts games, all Final Fantasy games, all Danganronpa games, The Nonary Games, Crash Bandicoot), not to mention I also want to buy some new games (Persona 5, Nier Automata, Resident Evil 7, South Park Fractured But Whole, Danganronpa 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Prey) AND have to catch up with games I missed in 2016 (Doom, Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, Steins;Gate 0, The Last Guardian)!

The only & I mean ONLY reason Crash has been remastered is because Sony is bankrolling the whole thing. I doubt Activision put a dollar into it. So I'd be asking Sony. I love Crash a lot, probably more then Mario but Crash won't be a money maker of Activision standards. Unless they somehow work out how to tack hundreds of dollars of DLC that you really need to enjoy the game fully, they won't bother. 

Spyro remastered would be excellent though. Or just a new Spyro game.