Small guide to winning all online trophies

A quick guide to boosting to get all the online trophies for Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

I decided to write this after helping a few players to get these trophies as there´s some confusion on how to get them. Also most tips worked when they were written, but that was long ago and a lot has changed.

• First point the game is cross-platform and cross-play. So you can mix PS3 and Vita players on the same online game. This is a big plus for boosting, specially for Vita players. The guide will provide insight for both PS3 and Vita players.

• Second point there are two groups of online trophies. Versus and matchmaking. Versus has only one trophy.

- Friendly Competition: as explained in the guides just set up a versus match with another online player, play it, trophy will pop, no issue if you win or loose. That simple. This one is completely different in the way to achieve from the following 6.

There are 6 matchmaking trophies:
- Triple Kill! (Earn a Triple Kill in a match-made online game)
- Team Sweeper (Earn a Double Kill in a 2v2 match-made online game)
- Tournament Fighter (Complete an online Ranked Match)
- First Blood (Earn a Kill in a match-made online game)
- Victorious! (Win a match-made online game)
- This is Living (Win a match-made online game without dying)

Depending on condition, the most difficult to achieve is probably triple kill. The other ones can be easy. Or not.

When writing this, end of 2016 and beginning of 2017, the biggest problem is that the majority of remaining players right now are level 999 ones and very to extremely skilled. Almost all other players are ones just trying to get the trophies. Unless you get 3 other players in the same level as yours, getting "This is living" is extremely difficult even on 2v2 matches. Forget about the tips of running away or try to stay low profile or invisible. There are characters that when leveled to level 3 will kill ALL other players on the game, no matter the situation so it doesn't work out easily in normal ranked matches.

Also servers do stink a lot. There's some sort of connection limitations related to speed or location as some other PSN players you'll never get in any ranked match, now matter how much you try. Usually US players with good or better internet connections will see everyone, others it«s not so clear. If after 10 or 20 matches you don't get the player (s) you're trying to trying to boost with, you probably won't so it's better to boost with someone else. Also there's sometimes long delays without any matches found. This is usual. Do try to make boosting sessions at times that will avoid more random level 999 players.

Best way to get all match making online trophies is with 2 or more PS3 players with 2 controllers. Set up a 2v2 ranked match with at least another PSN player, the more the merrier, as it makes winning the trophies easier. On the menu, select TOURNAMENT, then RANKED MATCH ,then add 2 players with both controllers, then press start on controller 1. It will jump to match making screen with "2v2 RANKED MATCH" on top, and searching for opponents. This can take a long time to materialize. Once you get into a game with another boosting partner, just have one player do nothing, the victorious one even with just one character playing will get all match making trophies except Triple Kill (a double kill in this situation is a joke to miss). Make the same choices until the other (s) player (s) get the same trophies. You'll get the most difficult trophy, This is Living and 4 other, unless you already had some of them, and the one left will be easier.

All that remains is Triple Kill. This one can only be attained in the same options but only with 1 player. You'll see the message FFA RANKED MATCH on top, and the same searching screen for opponents. Now you can only participate with 1 character and the boat is the same for Vita or PS3 users. But triple kill is attainable even with 3 level 999 players. just be sure to use one caracter tha can kill ALL other ones with a level 3 attack. Good ones are Parappa, Heihachi (best ones in my opinion), Fat Princess or Toro . Forget characters that don't have this ability as the 999 players will avoid being killed (or at least one will) and no triple kill trophy. Also the trophy didn't pop for me with a character that did kill all 3 opponents with the same attack, although not all at the same time, so better make this for sure and avoid being sorry. Heihachi and Ratchet are sometimes able to kill easily all other 3 players at the same time with a level 2 attack, but it's a very long shot. Just attack everyone building stamina for level 3 kill, doesn't matter if you die and they kick your butt a lot, concentrate all in getting level 3. You don't need to win the match, you can even be the last one of the 4. Just kill everyone at the same time and the trophy will pop.

What about PS3 users with just one controller or VIta users? You need to get a dummy PS3 player with 2 controllers or winning the This is living trophy will be hell. Once you get into a match made game with this player it's just a matter of him watching and you playing. Even if the other player that will be present will be a level 999 one, you'll get all the same trophies provided you do the double kill of the PS3 dummy players. Wanting that just 4 or even more single players will all get in the same ranking match is very difficult, but it can happen. Do remember only one player can get the Rhis is living trophy (or at least not all will be able to).

You can create a boosting account on a PS3, the network pass of All Stars will go along to the boosting account on the same PS3. On the Vita to create a boosting account for All Stars you need another memory card and another network pass.

Winning the triple kill trophy is possible with non boosting games. I'm not a great All Stars player and got the Vita and PS3 ones in normal network games with 3 level 999 players. Not at the first time, and was last in both matches but made the triples and the trophies popped.

Hope this helps people struggling to win these trophies :).

Good luck and have fun . 

Thanks to fang7744 and POEman553 for their help in getting the trophies and figuring all this.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hey DaivRules,  not sure if you still need help with this trophy. But I’m still working on it and be glad to help out if you still need it. If not do you mind helping me? 

In the past  couple of days Iv  only gotten in one match and have not  gotten any of the trophies I needed ( triple kill, team sweeper, and  friendly competition) 

my  username is blue8401. 

I’d really appreciate it 

Edited by blue8401

I remember when I got mine even a couple years back now, I had to resort to self boosting. I had 2 PS3s at the time, and I got the game through a Vita memory card pack thing so the PS3 version was digital and could be shoved on both, then I had the two PS3s go up against my account on the Vita. I can't remember if I had to wait for a genuine forth player, or if I could get away with having two controllers on one of the PS3s though.

Either way, I had a blast with the game, and wouldn't mind playing through it again for fun on one of my alt accounts, so if an of you guys end up making a boosting session or whatever, I'm down to help and be helped in return. I've got two PS3s that are willing*, and two weeks left before my course starts back up.

*well, one of them is a fat 60gb sucker, so it's as willing as one of those poor bastards can be to download and tackle an online game.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Question, So do I need to create a dummy account on the Vita or PS3? or can I use my main account on both at the same time and fight myself?

I'm sure you can not fight yourself. You need dummy accounts on the ps3 and your main account on the vita

You (vita)- dummy account p1 - dummy account p2

Edited by bpmotard

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I have a PS3 and Vita (and a second leftover PS3 if needed). Could I just do this with my Vita and a PS3 with 3 controllers? Would really love to finally complete the first game I started on PSN (well the first one with trophies). 

Since you have the 1v3 trophy already, it does make things easier. If you had 4 controllers you could do it with 2 PS3s. Using your Vita in place of one controller would work, but you'd need to own the game and network pass on a second account to use on your Vita while you use your main account on PS3. Basically, it's a mess and it's probably easier to just team up with someone. It will only take you 15 minutes max. I wouldn't wait too long as the servers could possibly go down any day.