Guide of the Year Awards 2016 - Results

Platisfaction

Well done! I will definitely start writing a guides this year, although i said that last year. Come on, let's make psn profiles top brand on the market! For a sake of Sly work as well!

Edited by szkodi
Spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greenshyguy said:

Congratulations to the winners. I agree that the guides on this site are all top notch (especially when linked to my trophy list) and is the first place I look when starting a new game :) 

Glad to hear it! Same with me, and I'm always kinda disappointed if I have to refer to a different site. But we are working on that. ;)

Congrats to the winners. The games weren't easy so making the guides must have been very tough. They all deserved it and I am happy that  HappyKastatine came 3rd because I voted for him. Keep up the great work and enjoy your prize you 3 you all earned it :D

• Like 1

I never used to use guides for trophies but now as I have less time to figure out what I need to do etc... I use them as much as possible to assist me. The majority of guides on this site that I have used are top notch and even though I did not use any of the winners guides I am glad people are recognised for their work. 

Well done to the winners and anyone who was nominated :)

• Like 1

It saddens me that only AAA games got the prizes, there were so many niche games with so much effort put into checklists and things like that, those didn't make it. Well, I guess it's supposed to the most viewed guides to have more positive votes overall.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It saddens me that only AAA games got the prizes, there were so many niche games with so much effort put into checklists and things like that, those didn't make it. Well, I guess it's supposed to the most viewed guides to have more positive votes overall.

Maybe you should have nominated one of those niche game guides then. :hmm:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I don't think Kiseki is AAA xD

9 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Maybe you should have nominated one of those niche game guides then. :hmm:

One nomination wouldn't be enough anyway =D

Really glad that hasegawa's guide won. It's more than deserving :D

Kiseki for the win!

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone that won, and of course thanks to everyone who goes through the effort of making these guides, even if it didn't end up getting nominated. It's very much appreciated. :) I'll always look for a guide to a game I'm playing on this site first because the guide system on here is vastly superior in my opinion. I'm sure it will only get better too! I'm hoping to contribute with some guides myself in 2017 if all goes well.

I'm very happy that hasegawa's guide took the top spot this year. It just goes to show that your guide doesn't have to be for a big AAA game to get recognised. This is a win for everyone who plays niche games. :giggle:

• Like 4

Well done everyone! :yay: It's been so great seeing the guide system grow and all the different writers come and go and bring their own awesome contributions to the site and help so many thousands of people out. Each year has been exciting but this past year was especially exciting! Can't wait to see what 2017 brings!

Even if you didn't win or get nominated the fact that your guide passed our sometimes demanding approval process means you wrote something really great! Well done to the winners, the people who got nominated, and everyone who wrote something this year :) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Well, yeah! Few needed them, but it doesn't mean the guides weren't really nice and didn't have a lot of effort put into them. It is also the guides that few others would end up writing. Guides you perhaps won't find on other guide sites, so everyone would have to go here for them. I know this well, because I did some of those guides.

And then there's the cases where you do one of those, and they become a free for PS+ game, and then it even becomes forgotten by the guide team that you did so:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2492-unmechanical-extended-trophy-guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5349-unmechanical-extended-trophy-guide

-_-

I know it's harder to find my PS3 version, because most people play it on PS4, even if both are bundled. There's tons of stacking trophy lists for the game, can't post the same guide for all version. So when we can't even apply the same guide to different stacking trophy lists, guide team should at least make sure the game doesn't already have a guide for another version.

//rantover

Here's love to everyone who posted guides last year! And congratulation to those few winners! :)

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Congrats to the winners and thanks to every single guidewriter out there. Most of the published guides this year were very well written. To everyone who wrote a guide for PSNP, your effort is much appreciated! To everyone who hasn't written a guide yet, try it out! It's mostly fun to do and you're able to help your fellow gamers on PSNP out :)!

• Like 2

Congratulations to all the winners! But to be fair, everyone who has written a guide deserves a pat on the back. Every guide I have read has been informative and detailed. Serious congrats to the effort made by you guys! Im impressed!

• Like 1

Congrats to the winners :yay: . It was very hard to come to a top 3 this year, the average level of writing guides has definitely gone up a lot the past year and I'm looking forward to see what 2017 brings .... until it's time for GOTYA 2017, then I'll be regretting it :lol: . But seriously, well done everyone.

• Like 2