This is TOUGH

AJ_Radio

The PS3 version is noticeably shitter, but it's still just as easy to plat as the PS4 version was, and that's pre and post patches. I plat'd the PS4 version without a single patch in the day, was easy as shit. Plat'd again a year or so later on the second account with all the patches and it was more or less the same difficulty except for one thing

THOSE STUPID FUCKING BONUS HUMANS.

Granted, they don't ruin the experience, but I hate them, as I could never quite figure out what they were there for, I would be doing great one minute, everyone saved so far, then accidentally take a bullet or something, and all of a sudden the bonus human is dead and I can't get the all humans trophy without restarting the level. Fuck those guys.

However, since the PS3 version (and Vita, where it feels way more at home by the way) doesn't have the updates and those bonus assholes, for the most part, I'd argue that version is easier for the lack of said bonus assholes. Otherwise it's just a slightly gimped version of the PS4 game, which is what most PS3 games post 2013 are really.

It really comes down to the final level of the game.

I found saving all humans to be fairly easy. You just need to keep your multiplier up for a few of them, and killing the highlighted ships is pretty straightforward.

Nemesis was a beast on the first four levels on Veteran. Beat both the third and fourth level on my second attempt. Enemies were annoying but complete doable even if you aren't good at Resogun.

Level five however is basically a huge difficulty spike. Even on Rookie difficulty there is a lot more on the screen and the boss himself is a pain regardless of what difficulty you're playing. Nemesis is pretty crap on level five it seems, at least on the PS3/Vita versions of the game. I spent a lot more time on this level than all the other levels combined, including repeated attempts.

A lot of people think the 15x multiplier trophy is difficult but I don't think it will be that horrible. Playing the first level on Master difficulty is probably the best way to get it, and I heard from several people it's much easier than the final level on Veteran.

1CC on the other hand may prove to be a complete nightmare. We'll see. I think this also comes down to the final level with the boss.

I wish the final level didn't have a boss to be honest. I would of finished Veteran hours ago.

Guess what?

Not only did I beat Veteran difficulty on my THIRD ATTEMPT with NEMESIS, the fifth level is MUCH EASIER than the PS3/Vita version.

Some frustrating notes:

- Enemies take longer to kill on the PS3/Vita. The damage I was dealing with Nemesis on the PS4 is roughly the same what I was dealing with Phobos on the Vita. Complete bullshit.

- Nemesis is weaker on the PS3/Vita version. I could not for the life of me get past the first phase with this ship, no matter what I did. On the PS4 version it takes out enemies MUCH QUICKER. Those spinning enemies were more often than not the death of me on the Vita.

- The most bullshit, asinine, completely unnecessary difference is SNAKE BOSS IS EASIER. I am stunned at the sheer difficulty of him on the PS3/Vita versions. He crosses the red outlines much quicker. On the PS4 you have plenty of time to avoid these outlines. The red circle outlines are much easier to take note of. I made it to the red circle outlines ONCE on the Vita, and basically even with boosts I was killed within 30 seconds. PS4? No problem? With Nemesis I used boost, a little overdrive, and Snake boss was done without much issue.

I don't know what monkey ported Resogun on the PS3/Vita, but let me tell you the final level of the game feels almost entirely like a different game of itself. It sort of reminds me of a Sega Genesis classic I loved, until I played the Japanese version of this game and not only was it easier, it had more features to it. The American version, the game I grew up with, turned out to be crap. That's exactly what the PS3/Vita version is. A piece of crap port that is a lot harder than the initial PS4 game. Now I see why so many people enjoy this game, and admittedly it's quite fun on the superior console.

I already spent three hours, likely close to four hours just repeatedly trying to get through level five on the Vita. Nemesis was nerfed badly, it's attacks aren't as powerful, and if you play the PS3 version have fun with that input lag. The time it took me to beat level 5 on PS4? Less than 30 minutes of attempts.

Looks like I'll be platting the PS4 version and get some DLC trophies. The PS3/Vita title? Maybe, but only by sheer luck because that last level is bullshit.

• Like 1

Man, l have two tips for you.

First, if you want platinum on this game stick to PS4 version and don't give a shit about DLCs. Resogun is pretty fun don't let the trophy hunting ruin the game for you.
Second, check the leaderboards and pm those on top five. They must be overly skilled. I personally tried that on some games and l was able to get help. They should be able to carry you all the way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

It really comes down to the final level of the game.

I found saving all humans to be fairly easy. You just need to keep your multiplier up for a few of them, and killing the highlighted ships is pretty straightforward.

Nemesis was a beast on the first four levels on Veteran. Beat both the third and fourth level on my second attempt. Enemies were annoying but complete doable even if you aren't good at Resogun.

Level five however is basically a huge difficulty spike. Even on Rookie difficulty there is a lot more on the screen and the boss himself is a pain regardless of what difficulty you're playing. Nemesis is pretty crap on level five it seems, at least on the PS3/Vita versions of the game. I spent a lot more time on this level than all the other levels combined, including repeated attempts.

A lot of people think the 15x multiplier trophy is difficult but I don't think it will be that horrible. Playing the first level on Master difficulty is probably the best way to get it, and I heard from several people it's much easier than the final level on Veteran.

1CC on the other hand may prove to be a complete nightmare. We'll see. I think this also comes down to the final level with the boss.

I wish the final level didn't have a boss to be honest. I would of finished Veteran hours ago.

The final level is a bit harder, but not by that much.

I can't remember if I did the 15x multiplier on Master on PS3. You seem to think that's easier, but I'm not sure I found it all that much easier. It might be if you're really good, especially on the PS4, but it was the hardest trophy on PS3 by far for me. Spent some hours on that alone. On PS4 I got it really fast! Veteran took me 1 hour and 30 minutes or less to get after I started on my Veteran playthrough on PS3. 1CC was definitely harder too, but 15x multiplier was the worst by far.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Point taken. 

Two of the DLC packs are free. Only 0.3 percent of game owners have all the trophies. That's pretty rare. 

The PS3 version ruined the game, but I'm having a blast with the PS4 title.

Just go for all the DLC trophies too, it's fun. The local co-op one is one of the free DLCs (patch for local co op). The hardest paid DLC is the one with Commando and Protector mode AKA the Defender DLC. Defender is actually the game Resogun is based on. ;)

Three of the DLC trophies in the first pack are practically give aways, another three are basically for finishing a level with a custom ship with 0 stat. Completing the last level on Veteran with 0 stats seems pretty daunting though, not sure if I want to go for that one.

Heroes DLC looks pretty interesting but I'm not going to worry about that until I finish up the base game.

Challenges I wouldn't say are difficult but are pretty time consuming since there are weekly challenges and other challenges where you rival a friend.

Don't know about Defenders DLC.

Man, i just get the plat of this game in PS3 2 hours ago (jossmilan7412), it took me 5 days, but if u follow my tips u would plat it in no time.

1- For veteran play the first 4 levels with Nemesis and take all the 8 upgrades (2 each level), then go to the main menu and switch for ferox, and select the level 5 (Mefitis). Once u do that ferox will obtain the 8 upgrades too (and fobos, if u choose it); with that ship u can easily manage the level 5 because it does more damage to the enemies, also try to take the 2 extra lifes in this level...

2- For the multiplier just play the first level in master and in just 3-4 minutes you will reach 15x, if the enemies brake your multiplier (or lack of them) just restart the level... Doing that u will get the trophy in no time (30 minutes for me).

3- For 1CC use nemesis and try to get all the upgrades (green crosses) and save as most humans as u can. In some hours u will master all the levels. Dont use any of ur bombs in the first 2-3 levels and then just try to reach the final of mefitis alive, take the 2 lifes of the keepers and face the boss... The part of the circles is some tricky but all u need to do is save the overdrive for that part and use the boost every time the boss is near (just tap the botton)... Every time that the boost is complete USE IT, in no time he will take his final form... Finally, boost to the boss when his head (?) is up and u will shoot him with no risk... Once the overpass u can reinsert above him is u boost to him when his tail (?) is a little up.. Then boom (it works for veteran too)... Follow this video 

4- Don't delet the patch it doesn´t make any difference in the game (i tried) 

Hope it helps... Cuz yes, this game is hard in PS3...

• Like 1

Well guess what, I just beat Veteran difficulty on the PS3.

THE MOST NERVE WRACKING CRAP I'VE HAD IN AGES. Snake boss took MUCH LONGER TO TAKE DOWN. I was dead lucky on that circle phase, because the slightest touch in the wrong direction would of been death. I did it all on two lives.

Saw your name on the list of recent players joss. Awesome job.

Edited by Spaz

• 2 months later...

When I platted this game recently on the PS4 it left me buzzing.

I platted it again on PS3 last night and it left me raging

Not exactly sure what they did to this version, whether its the fact that you cant set up your own parameters for the ship or what, but its definitely a fraction tougher and its that slight elevation of difficulty that changes it from a fun challenge to a controller chucking nightmare

It just felt as if the power of the Nemesis weapon had been lowered which meant I ended up using the Phobos ship which made outrunning the final bosses far tougher

I thought I would breeze through it on the PS3 having spent quite a bit of time recently playing it on the PS4, and apart from the Veteran and 1CC and 15x it was all looking good

But those last few trophies were just unpleasant on this version. The 15x was particularly nasty

Glad its done but I now dislike this game, whereas before it was one of my faves

Edited by Evertonian
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

When I platted this game recently on the PS4 it left me buzzing.

I platted it again on PS3 last night and it left me raging

Not exactly sure what they did to this version, whether its the fact that you cant set up your own parameters for the ship or what, but its definitely a fraction tougher and its that slight elevation of difficulty that changes it from a fun challenge to a controller chucking nightmare

It just felt as if the power of the Nemesis weapon had been lowered which meant I ended up using the Phobos ship which made outrunning the final bosses far tougher

I thought I would breeze through it on the PS3 having spent quite a bit of time recently playing it one the PS4, and apart from the Veteran and 1CC and 15x it was all looking good

But those last few trophies were just unpleasant on this version. The 15x was particularly nasty

Glad its done but I now dislike this game, whereas before it was one of my faves

Oh definitely. On the PS4 I was just smoking all the enemy ships on Mefifis with Nemesis, Snake Boss wasn't much of a problem because you can see when it will go into his zig zag and circle phases. On the PS3 I was literally shaking because those phases go much faster, and with Nemesis being weaker it was a big pain in the ass.

It went from around a 3 or 4 out of 10 difficulty to a 6 to 7 out of 10 difficulty. There was a brief period that I was very unsure if I would beat the PS3 version, but I persevered and finally made it through for the platinum.

The game wasn't easy, that's for sure. But the DLC trophies for the PS4 version are just as difficult if not more difficult than the PS3 Resogun. A couple trophies are literally next to impossible without a good co-op partner.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 5:26 AM, DarkSoleride said:

I just bought this game, reading through the comments looks like i should avoid the PS3 version however for me its a debate between the PS Vita version or PS4 which should i start it on? 

It's worth noting that the PS3/PSVita version shares a trophy list and has no DLC's. The PS4 version has paid DLC's which are much harder than the normal trophies. 

Edited by Kittet3
  • Like 1