Some questions about trophies

jimmyleohk

Flirting Virtuoso
Capture 100 Fighters

How to capture fighter? It's just depends on lucky?... I've done this only twice when the defender was dizzy( I don't know what cause it happened....) 

someone else know it?

Hoarder's Curse
Collect everything (Magazines, Mother Barb Songs, Stamps)

Stamps means Rally Stamps, I think so. 

and what do Magazines, Mother Barb Songs mean?

this trophy only contain these three series items? or something else?

Thnx~

Edited by jimmyleohk

Here's what I've learned so far:

Capturing fighters: As far as I know this is entirely up to chance. I did about 400 raids so far and captured 20 ppl, killing hundreds with one or two hits from the machete, some got knocked out, most of them just die. I don't know if it's possible to influence this in any way, but I'd doubt it.

Collecting stuff:

Stamps refers to the Stamp Rally. What I'd love to know, however, is whether or not it's possible to fuck this up. When you fail to hit the little circle, your ticket gets stamped anyways. I'm not sure if this will merely prevent you from receiving the bonus or make the trophy unobtainable.

Magazines: This would be the YB Catalogue ( background info on Tubers, etc) as well as Tales from the Barb (comics about the bosses).

Mother Barb: I'm not 100% certain, but I guess this refers to the jukebox found between Detox (the quest girl) and Uncle Death in the arcade. It'll have these little Tower of Barbs related vids, unlocked by you making progress, e.g. defeating a boss/ meeting the Jackals.

Mind you, I'm only on floor 27. Should I make it to the top without the grind making me uninstall this game first, I'll come back here and let you know.

• Like 1

I was wondering about something else as well: Do you think it would make sense to try and knock out the trophy for 100 succesful defences early in the game? This way, one could benefit from all the "casuals" and/or players who will give this game a try but then loose interest quickly. Somebody willing to climb to floor 20 and above will have significantly more skills and, as a consequence, know how to deal with your defense. Also, when you're on a low-ish rank but toke the effort to do a bit of R&D, you can catch many a player off guard with your slightly advanced weaponry.

I went from rank 32 to 46( I believe) yesterday. At 32 I had about a 50% success quota with my defences, gaining about 10 succesful ones per day. I'm excited to return to my waiting room in a couple of hours ;)

I believe the area between the TMD terminal and the freezer is where you can reset your stamp collection and try for all perfects,  according to what I've seen on Reddit, people say the game hints to something special if you can perfect all the stamps.  My guess is this option becomes available after beating the floor 40 boss.  I have no idea whether this pertains to the trophy or not.  I am also unsure if completing the rest of the Underworld Rolodex like the decal and mastery pages count towards the trophy.   

3 hours ago, timey77 said:

I was wondering about something else as well: Do you think it would make sense to try and knock out the trophy for 100 succesful defences early in the game? This way, one could benefit from all the "casuals" and/or players who will give this game a try but then loose interest quickly. Somebody willing to climb to floor 20 and above will have significantly more skills and, as a consequence, know how to deal with your defense. Also, when you're on a low-ish rank but toke the effort to do a bit of R&D, you can catch many a player off guard with your slightly advanced weaponry.

I went from rank 32 to 46( I believe) yesterday. At 32 I had about a 50% success quota with my defences, gaining about 10 succesful ones per day. I'm excited to return to my waiting room in a couple of hours ;)

I've been thinking exactly the same thing.  I've made it to floor 23, but am hesitant to unlock the next tier of fighters until getting this trophy.  I'm at 38 defenses, and I get flattened far more often then I am successful.  I farm up some gold or SPLithium to make myself a target, and put up the best defenses I can manage.  I just managed to craft the claw sabre, hopefully that'll help me get more successful defenses, that weapon usually ruins my day.  I'm planning on just grinding out resources and mats and upping my defense game until I get the trophy before moving on in the tower. 

I got no clue on the fighter capture thing either, I'm sitting at 9 currently.  It seems random, although I suspect a "soft kill" may help facilitate the capturable state, as in not a serious overkill or goretastic, but that is unfounded speculation.  I once had the opportunity to capture two fighters, but the raid will end when you take the first back to the train.  I guess you just have to do insane amounts of TMD...

• Like 1

I've currently got 8 fighters on defense:  a claw sabre and a +4 nailgun, +4 sword and +4 iron hammer, a claw sabre and fire wand, 3 star sniper, a +4 sword and +4 iron claw, +4 machete and +4 butterfly knife, claw sabre and +4 butterfly knife, +4 metal bat and +4 butterfly knife.

The machete is really effective, but I'm trying out using more claw sabres. As much damage as the hot iron does, it's easy to dodge, so I quit using that on defense.  My thinking was to put a few tanky defenders on the train platform and then drop a sniper, who will hopefully come out while they are still dealing wth my defenders.  I'm still not having a very high success rate though, most of the people who raid me seem to know what they are doing enough to flatten the AI, seems I mostly have success against those who underestimate my defenses and aren't properly prepared, which is happening less and less.  I hadn't found any good info out there on defending, most of the info out there urges people not to defend at all and rather do expeditions.  100 still feels a long way off...  

Ok, seems like I'm using a slightly different approach.

First of all, none of my fighters is carrying more than one weapon. The reason behind that is that I don't want my chars to use anything but my strongest gear/miss out on a chance to two-shot an enemy using a machete/red-hot iron.

I like the defender/sniper idea, might give that a shot.

What level is your hot iron on? I found many people underestimate the damage it does to your gear so it could be worthwhile to have tier 3 or tier 4 char starting out with a tier 2 hot iron at +4 in order to weaken the attacker for your other fighters.

When I grinded some defenses on rank 32 I used the following fighter set-up on the platform:

1)Tier 2 + hot iron

2)Tier 1 + machete

3)Tier 3 + hot iron

4)Tier 1 + machete

5)Tier 3 + machete

I had another tier 1 char in the waiting room, but every time I would defend succesfully it would be over on the platform. Baiting enemies using gold and SpL I averaged a 50% success rate. Unfortunately, defeating the boss on floor 25 got me to rank 46 and now it's just katanas and beastocs all over the place :(

About the stamp thingy, here is my theory:

It just says collect all stamps, even if you fail or not. You still get a stamp.

I'm only at floor 11 so far (started playing 2 days ago) and it seems to me the stamp machines apear fairly quick in the tower.

I failed one and revisted that floor many times but the stamp machine never re-apeared.

I think that getting all stamps, good stamp or bad stamp would still count towards the trohpy, as it seems kind of a d!ck move from the developers to make it so you need to recollect all of them.

Those are my thoughts on all of this, although its all speculation based on what ive seen.

gamesfourever.png

On 2017/1/8 at 0:35 AM, timey77 said:

Here's what I've learned so far:

Capturing fighters: As far as I know this is entirely up to chance. I did about 400 raids so far and captured 20 ppl, killing hundreds with one or two hits from the machete, some got knocked out, most of them just die. I don't know if it's possible to influence this in any way, but I'd doubt it.

Collecting stuff:

Stamps refers to the Stamp Rally. What I'd love to know, however, is whether or not it's possible to fuck this up. When you fail to hit the little circle, your ticket gets stamped anyways. I'm not sure if this will merely prevent you from receiving the bonus or make the trophy unobtainable.

Magazines: This would be the YB Catalogue ( background info on Tubers, etc) as well as Tales from the Barb (comics about the bosses).

Mother Barb: I'm not 100% certain, but I guess this refers to the jukebox found between Detox (the quest girl) and Uncle Death in the arcade. It'll have these little Tower of Barbs related vids, unlocked by you making progress, e.g. defeating a boss/ meeting the Jackals.

Mind you, I'm only on floor 27. Should I make it to the top without the grind making me uninstall this game first, I'll come back here and let you know.

thnx for reply so fast

capturing fighter I found that bat weapon's success ratio is higher.

I'll take your advice about defense, stop continue to climb tower, grind to upgrade weapons and fighters. Bat things and Axe things is better, more expensive is better about clothes and pants.

• Like 1