FFXV Patches, DLC and Updates topic

Alantor32

Hello all. I decided to make this topic so everyone can post news about future updates about the now released game Final Fantasy XV. If anyone can find info about patches, DLC or future updates to the game that we waited ten years for, post them here.

I hope this topic will keep everyone's thirst for improvements to the game steady. And I hope this topic is allowed.

• 3 weeks later...

Today, Patch 1.04 is released with the ability to use photo frames for your photos and other stuff. There's also a new Photo mode to take in-game photos. Also, the limited time only Moogle Chocobo Carnival event is now live, so if you haven't reached Atlisisa before February 20, now is a good time to do so. And if you purchased the Holiday Pack and/or Season Pass, there are new events in the game when you download Patch 1.04.

And some other good news as well. the Pre-Order DLC from the Collector's Editions of FFXV are now available to purchase from the PlayStation Store. So if you bought the Day One Edition and got the Masuname DLC, then you can purchased the pre-order DLC if you're not an owner of the Collector's Edition of FFXV.

Here is a link from PlayStation Lifestyle to understand this: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/01/24/final-fantasy-xv-update-1-04-2-1gb-opens-moogle-chocobo-carnival-event/#/slide/1

1 minute ago, SkyesUnholy said:

Without spoilers, what chapter do you reach this Atilisisa place? I'm still in chapter 3 cleaning up side quests :P

You do this via SPECIAL option in the menu.

Also Camera Mode is the best damn thing added to the game. I have been taking so many Ardyn screens.

6 minutes ago, DEMON said:

You do this via SPECIAL option in the menu.

Also Camera Mode is the best damn thing added to the game. I have been taking so many Ardyn screens.

I can access the area without actually progressing to it through the story?

Someone has a slight obsession xD. Can't blame you, I'd be doing the same if FFXIII was on PS4.

3 minutes ago, SkyesUnholy said:

I can access the area without actually progressing to it through the story?

Someone has a slight obsession xD. Can't blame you, I'd be doing the same if FFXIII was on PS4.

Yep. There's no spoilers either too, it's seperate from story.

Hey, it's a good obsession. :P We'll see if we get FFXIII on PS4 soon, there is that rumored collection afterall.

• Like 1

Today is FF's 30th anniversary and there's ton of new stuff to celebrate 30 years of Final Fantasy.

First off, the Booster Pack (Free and Plus versions) will be released on February 21.

And then, on March 28 will be the release of Episode Gladio where you get to play as Gladio in his story that plays different from Noctis gameplay.

Also, releasing in June is Episode Prompto which we don't have much info on yet, but I think you get to play as Prompto in his episode.

Finally, it has been confirmed that Gilgamesh, the famed boss from FF5 who made appearances in multiple FF games will appear in Gladio's episode yet, we don't have much info on what role will he play in Episode Gladio.

Other than that, there is more info to be released during FF's 30th anniversary and FFXV is one of them. I'll try to keep you posted on more info if I can find any on Gematsu though I don't work there and only posting what I find from the site there. xD 

Edited by MMX20
Fixing errors

Good news, according to Gematsu, the February 21 update will feature these things.

-PS4 Pro Full HD 60fps support. Perfect for those who own both FFXV and a PS4 Pro.

-Limited time quests: Quests you can take on for a limited time and there will be quests like fishing added to the list in future updates.

-The level cap has been increased to 120, so if you already reached level 99, you have to wait until the update to increase beyond 99.

-The photo capacity has been increase to 200, perfect if you feel you're running out of space for any photos you saved.

-You can now use the music player while riding a chocobo.

-Chapter 13 enhancements including one where you can play as Gladio for a short period.

There is also the Booster Pack DLC on February 21 which will include these following items:

-Boost Sword (weapon)

-Dragon Mod (fishing rod)

-Aviol (reel)

Also, the Free Booster Pack version which contain new costumes have been delayed due to Power Rangers publisher saying the costumes looked similar so they're being worked on and will be released at a later date.

Also, Tabata and his team on working on a update that allows you to free drive the Regalia on off road.

And finally, the Platinum Demo will be removed from the PS Store at the end of March, so if you want Carbuncle, now is a good time to do so before March 31.

Other than that, I'll check Gematsu for more updates.

The 60 fps patch is finally coming! YES! I know they have said 60 fps is the maximum, but I hope it stays around that target more than it doesn't. If the game runs at 45 fps for 90% of the game, I'll be disappointed. I'll take frame rate over graphics any day of the week.

It's good to hear the chapter 13 enchantments are coming too. I haven't played the game yet, so I don't know what exactly was wrong with it, but at least it'll be improved by the time I get around to it. It's still kinda sad it was released in the state it was in, though.

Being able to drive the Regalia off road is an interesting one. I've heard a lot of complaints about that. I wonder how it's going to work exactly.

This is exactly why I decided to hold off playing the game. I'll probably end up having a better experience with the game now than I would have if I played it at launch.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MMX20 said:

FFXV Update Patch 1.05 is now live, ahead of its released time! It seems that Nier Automa music (two tracks) have been added to the game even if the update page in your PS4 home screen didn't say it.

I would like to add you don't have to buy them as they automatically go in your playlist.

I also did the timed quest. It was easy for me since I was overleveled for it but the rewards were well worth it. Any idea if they are repeatable? March 6'th is quite a while to wait for a new quest to come up, but I would understand why if they weren't.

Edit: Yep, they are repeatable. But after you do them once only the Exp carries over, which makes sense otherwise people would just farm AP and Oracle Ascension Coins and whatever other rewards they offer. Still, best advice is to eat the Lasagna in Altissia, then do the timed quest and you get a massive amount of Exp in the end. Way more effective than doing that Verinas Mart hunt over and over again.

Edited by Redgrave

13 hours ago, MMX20 said:

FFXV Update Patch 1.05 is now live, ahead of its released time! It seems that Nier Automa music (two tracks) have been added to the game even if the update page in your PS4 home screen didn't say it.

So they threw in two tracks from that game, yet, still no "To Zanarkand" nor "Otherworld" to be added into the game? Not even "Stand By Me"? I am sad.

Well, it's safe to say that this "60 fps" patch ended up being a huge disappointment. The game spends the vast majority of the time in the 40-50 fps range, and it's usually on the lower end of that. I'd take a prettier looking game at a consistent 30 fps over that any day of the week. Digital Foundry are saying this update actually made things worse because there's no longer a way to play FFXV on PS4 Pro at a consistent frame rate with next to no frame pacing issues anymore. It's a real shame. I guess I'll be holding off playing the game until they fix yet ANOTHER problem then. <_<

Here's the video if anyone is interested:

Heya. With only 35 days left until Gladio's episode comes out, what are you hoping for in Episode Gladious aside from playing as Gladio himself?

Are you hoping for additional trophies in Episode Gladious? Or the thrill of having fun in new areas that didn't make it into the game in Gladio's Episode? 

Apparently these future updates have been leaked.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346643&page=1

Spoiler

"1.05 update makes Somnus play through final dungeon (Insomnia) through fights. Further development of FINAL FANTASY XV is ongoing.

- Additional cutscenes with Ravus and Niflheim to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE PROMPTO content.

- Additional cutscenes with Noctis and Luna to be added into New Game mode.

- Additional cutscenes with Cor Leonis and Regis to be added into New Game mode in addition to EPISODE GLADIOLUS content.

- PLATINUM DEMO to be added to main game as bonus mode.

- EPISODE IGNIS to be released Q4 2017.

- Unannounced expansion, "WORLD OF VERSUS" to be unveiled at E3 2017 (release Q1 2018.) Expect this to be of a much darker tone than the base game. Covers "The demons Noctis faces during his 10 year slumber." This is the "VERSUS" world, the world of dreams that Noctis can enter in his slumber. Themes of loss and tragedy will be developed and expanded upon.

No further updates at this time."