FFXV Patches, DLC and Updates topic

Alantor32

6 hours ago, Shiro189 said:

So I still need to new game plus my way, or just erase it completely...I read a few comments and it seems other ppl encountered the same problem as me...the only way they could fight them again, is trough new game plus...

Sorry for my wrong information. I thought it would be logical to get them after that one mission, because they all appeared at my town after that.

It was just confirmed in the japanese active time report that there will be an update for the main game, which will make Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus playable for the main game!! This update will come very soon, even before the release of Episode Ignis. All three companions will have a similar gameplay/ fighting style as in their individual episodes.

Also, FFXV will get further DLC's in 2018, however, they won't announce them yet. The initial plan was 3 further DLC's for 2018, but now they decided to focus on one DLC at the time and then moving on. However, an Episode Ardyn was hinted and recognized by the developers to be wanted by the fans. The developers however think that they'll have to expand the world of Eos first, before connecting to Ardyn. (Whatever that means, time for speculation. :P )

EDIT:

Oh, and I completely forgot: Version 1.10 of the Comrades DLC will come on the 12th december and will adress the level-up bug, the no-enemies-spawning bug, will shorten the loading times and will add some additional new multiplayer missions and some new way to trigger Cid's upgrade buff.

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MMX20 said:

Sweet! I always welcome more updates, including those that involves character swapping. :)

I‘d actually really like them to add some free update trophies for the character swap again. Something that can only be done by Prompto/Ignis/Gladio in the main game. I mean, I will even play around with this without trophies, but it‘d still be cool. :D 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

It was just confirmed in the japanese active time report that there will be an update for the main game, which will make Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus playable for the main game!! This update will come very soon, even before the release of Episode Ignis. All three companions will have a similar gameplay/ fighting style as in their individual episodes.

Also, FFXV will get further DLC's in 2018, however, they won't announce them yet. The initial plan was 3 further DLC's for 2018, but now they decided to focus on one DLC at the time and then moving on. However, an Episode Ardyn was hinted and recognized by the developers to be wanted by the fans. The developers however think that they'll have to expand the world of Eos first, before connecting to Ardyn. (Whatever that means, time for speculation. :P )

EDIT:

Oh, and I completely forgot: Version 1.10 of the Comrades DLC will come on the 12th december and will adress the level-up bug, the no-enemies-spawning bug, will shorten the loading times and will add some additional new multiplayer missions and some new way to trigger Cid's upgrade buff.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/11/29/final-fantasy-15-comrades-update-switching-characters-ignis-details-episode-ardyn-and-more/

Just for info as well for those that want to know of the above.  But I am onboard with the whole Episode Ardyn ordeal, very curious about exploring him a bit more.

But no Episode Luna please, need Episode Aranea before anything else.

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

But no Episode Luna please, need Episode Aranea before anything else.

If have look into the major side-characters, Cor was the partner for Episode Gladio, Aranea for Episode Prompto and Ravus will be for Episode Ignis. As such I think it‘ll be unlikely that these three will get further depth, leaving Ardyn and Lunafreya as major choices for episodes. Furthermore the even less important side-characters such as Cid, Talcott, Holly and Iris were used in the comrades DLC.

This however doesn’t leave many possibilities for a third (sixth) who will be chosen for an episode. I‘m going to make an wild guess here that it’ll be Episode Gentiana, focussing on the war of the Astrals and Shiva‘s love for Ifrit.

Edited by ShadowStefan

Just now, ShadowStefan said:

If have look into the major side-characters, Cor was the partner for Episode Gladio, Aranea for Episode Prompto and Ravus will be for Episode Prompto. As such I think it‘ll be unlikely that these three will get further depth, leaving Ardyn and Lunafreya as major choices for episodes. Furthermore the even less important side-characters such as Cid, Talcott, Holly and Iris where used in the comrades DLC.

This however doesn’t leave many possibilities for a third (sixth) who will be chosen for an episode. I‘m going to make an wild guess here that it’ll be Episode Gentiana, focussing on the war of the Astrals and Shiva‘s love for Ifrit.

Pfft, give me Episode Cindy then :P

But really, Gentiana would be an interesting choice to have, either her, or her Astral form as Shiva.

Though what I would be curious on the Luna episode is how she would actually play as, cause I don't think she's a fighter as such.  Perhaps using her Oracle powers to go around healing people and the likes? Still an interesting idea regardless.

16 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Though what I would be curious on the Luna episode is how she would actually play as, cause I don't think she's a fighter as such.  Perhaps using her Oracle powers to go around healing people and the likes? Still an interesting idea regardless.

Yeah, this is the „problem“ I have with Episode Lunafreya as well, they can’t really make her a fighter, given her weak and fragile appearance. However, since the contracts with the Astrals make her weaker, they could make especially this into the theme of the episode - first she can fight well, then after awakening Titan she gets weaker, then Ramuh, etc.

Edited by ShadowStefan

10 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Yeah, this is the „problem“ I have with Episode Lunafreya as well, they can’t really make her a fighter, given her weak and fragile appearance. However, since the contracts with the Astrals make her weaker, they could make especially this into the theme of the episode - first she can fight well, then after awakening Titan she gets weaker, then Ramuh, etc.

Yeah, that is true, and if anyone is to be her partner in this one, I would say Gentiana would be the better option off the top of my head.  Can't be her brother, as I hear he's to be in Episode Ignis instead.  But it would be cool if Ravus was helping her out.  I suppose only time will tell.

I do hope with Ardyn we do have a bit of an open world with him... only cause I wanna drive in his car as well xD

On 11/29/2017 at 3:55 PM, ShadowStefan said:

EDIT:

You made my day!!!

13 hours ago, Shiro189 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzCGW5nr-nY

Oh God...this looks like a pain in the neck...I can already bet you it's gonna be a trophy for beating this fella, on his cheat mode...1f605.png

Oh dear lord, if they make a trophy for that, it's gonna be hard to earn because Noct can one shot you with his last resort. X_X Even so, but if they increase the limit of items and Phonenix Downs unlike Episode Gladious, then I may take a shot at this, but that's wishful thinking.

8 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Oh dear lord, if they make a trophy for that, it's gonna be hard to earn because Noct can one shot you with his last resort. X_X Even so, but if they increase the limit of items and Phonenix Downs unlike Episode Gladious, then I may take a shot at this, but that's wishful thinking.

I can bet you it's gonna be a a trophy. I mean...it might...MIGHT be just an extra side stuff...but it looks way too obvious, to not have a trophy. What I hate even more, is that, you can't fight like that., in the main game...ur restricted to 4 weps...but here, Noctis has all royal weps at his disposal, and even the bloody ring of lucis...what the heck is poor Ignis supposed to do against that? Like...GEEEZ!!! Noctis using death in a friendly match, against his bro'? What the heck? I just...please no...I already broke 1 controller on the Cor boss fight, on ep Gladiolus...I don't wanna break a 2nd one >.<

1 hour ago, Shiro189 said:

I can bet you it's gonna be a a trophy. I mean...it might...MIGHT be just an extra side stuff...but it looks way too obvious, to not have a trophy. What I hate even more, is that, you can't fight like that., in the main game...ur restricted to 4 weps...but here, Noctis has all royal weps at his disposal, and even the bloody ring of lucis...what the heck is poor Ignis supposed to do against that? Like...GEEEZ!!! Noctis using death in a friendly match, against his bro'? What the heck? I just...please no...I already broke 1 controller on the Cor boss fight, on ep Gladiolus...I don't wanna break a 2nd one >.<

It took me a lot of tries to get that trophy on Episode Gladious, you do have some point about the Cor fight. But I managed to 100 percented the Episode Gladious DLC. So if we're lucky, they may nerf Noct or prevent him from using the Ring of the Lucii in a future patch.

1 hour ago, milanbarca82 said:

Are they going to fix the atrocious loading times in the Comrades DLC?  It is really irritating when grinding for the 999999kw trophy.

Yeah, they confirmed they will be trying to cut the loading screens, by at least half of the duration, that currently is right now...for me it doesn't make any change, as I already got 100%, but it should help allot the rest of the peepz doing the 999.999kw trophy.

Good news, everyone! Today, the new update to FFXV has finally arrived. Now when you unlock the character swapping on the Ascension Menu, you're free to play as one of your favorite party members in Noct's entourage Also, music from Episode Ignis and Comrades are added to the Regalia's radio as well as compatibility with Episode Ignis once it is released.

35 minutes ago, Kyl542 said:

There's a trophy in Ep Ignis to Complete Chapter 3 Verse2, is that just like what they did with gladioulus and made it playable for everyone in the main story?

I believe the Ignis DLC itself will have 3 chapters, with chapter 3 verse 2 being the alternate ending of the DLC as Square Enix hinted their Active Time Report. Just a theory though.