FFXV Patches, DLC and Updates topic

Alantor32

3 minutes ago, PooPDeePie said:

Hey guys, so I platinumed and 100% the game prior to this patch since I had the season pass

Are there any trophies that I can obtain without buying the Royal Pack? 

Well, there's new Comrades trophies, but other than that, since the release of the Royal Pack, you have to get the trophies from the Royal Pack to 100% the game.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I got a question about the whole Royal Edition/Pack thing. I bought the Royal Edition (not the Royal Pack) and as I was ready to begin a new game (I bought the base game the day of its release but decided to buy the Royal Edition nevertheless), I discovered that nothing had been added to my game. If I understood well, patch 1.22 should have been installed but I got nothing at all, not a single download when I inserted the disk inside my PS4 so I was wondering if it was normal, if I had to delete the base game and download the whole thing again (considering I don't have a good Internet connection, that could take me days, weeks even).

On 6.3.2018 at 0:12 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

What's your defence though? I switched my sigil to the fierce sigil which boosts Hp and defence by 50%. I was level 48 and beat him quite easily with these stats. Attack 1000 Defence 900 Fire resistence 100%. The rest doesn't matter. When I had 1800 attack and 500 defence the fight was much, much harder. (Couldn't beat him) Good luck.

Is there some special strategy I‘m missing? I’m level 65 now, I have 1200 attack and 1070 defense, 100% fire resistance, and my best fight was to bring him into his third phase. I died shortly afterwards. As soon as he starts his second phase he‘s barely taking any damage. It seems to be possible to stagger him/ remove his fire cloak, but how?

10 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Is there some special strategy I‘m missing? I’m level 65 now, I have 1200 attack and 1070 defense, 100% fire resistance, and my best fight was to bring him into his third phase. I died shortly afterwards. As soon as he starts his second phase he‘s barely taking any damage. It seems to be possible to stagger him/ remove his fire cloak, but how?

My best advice I can give is just take your time and learn his attack patterns. It took me a while to beat him, aprox 30 min, but he barely damaged me at all. Get a few hits in and warpstrike away. It's easier if you have some AI teammates left as he is mostly focused on them, then attack him in the back. The third phase is the easiest imo as he only does some easy to dodge attacks. I thought the hardest part is the beginning when he isn't on fire and takes swings at you. Good luck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

I had about 1100 attack and 1450 defence, so you might want to raise your stats, especially defence a little more. I used the fierce sigil, and when he got into his second phase, I only ever attacked him with warp strikes. It took a while, but as long as you keep zipping around it’s hard for him to hit you. Just be careful not to get knocked down too much by his fireball attack, because he can hit you with his sword before you get back up.

• Like 1

I am proud to say that I bought the Royal Pack for FFXV. So I have a question about future DLC for the game. Will we have new DLC for FFXV Royal Edition this year? If so, I will gladly welcome more DLC and additions to the game.

11 hours ago, MMX20 said:

I am proud to say that I bought the Royal Pack for FFXV. So I have a question about future DLC for the game. Will we have new DLC for FFXV Royal Edition this year? If so, I will gladly welcome more DLC and additions to the game.

Four more DLC Episodes are planned, which will be released in 2018 and early 2019. Episode Ardyn was confimed as the next, nothing is known afterwards, neither have they talked about a second season pass.

I too am looking forward to these contents. :D 

4 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Four more DLC Episodes are planned, which will be released in 2018 and early 2019. Episode Ardyn was confimed as the next, nothing is known afterwards, neither have they talked about a second season pass.

I too am looking forward to these contents. :D 

Looking forward to it too, FFXV is still an amazing game. I hope the price will be €5 per episode again, because this Royal Pack was totally overpriced. It should've been free or max €5. There is just too little content for everyone who already played the game, it's good for newcomers though.

• 4 weeks later...

Episode Noctis?! Really?! It's not like we had a whole game being told about the story trough his eyes. I'm just...mad at this point, that I have to come back again in a few months, to this game, so I can dig up a bit more of the story. I know some ppl will say that I have the option of not playing it if I don't like it...but as a trophy hunter and completionist...at this point I'm forced to come back every 3-4 months to raise the completion percentage back to 100. It's also supper annoying that every 3-4 months I gotta come back to this game so I can dig a bit of story. They're beating a dead horse at this point (SE that is).

Edited by Shiro189
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, OWALegend said:

They confirmed also a standalone version of the multiplayer and 2 more updates for it this year.

:facepalm:

I hope to God these updates doesn't mean more trophies...just...enough lol. It's already frustrating as hell getting DLC after DLC...but it becomes even more frustrating when you gotta grind online MP trophies :blink:

• Like 2

Here are some nice pictures that outline the upcoming DLC plans:

final15-update-03.jpg

final15-update-04.jpg

final15-update-05.jpg

final15-update-06.jpg

final15-update-07.jpg

I'm really looking forward to these additions (in contrast to most of the users here, according to the previous posts...)! :D

Episode Ardyn, Aranea und Luna are exactly the things I wanted. I really wonder what they're planning to do with Episode Noctis though... the discription sounds kinda like an alternate ending...? I wouldn't really be into that, but we'll see. Up until now SE has constantly amazed me with all their additional content for FFXV. :) Though I gotta admit that the pricing for the Royal Pack was too high, but I hope they'll do a second season pass for these new DLC's.

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...