Sand Portal Glitch

After running into the Dahaka Hole Glitch while playing this on the PS2, I decided to follow this walkthrough...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/919986-prince-of-persia-warrior-within/faqs/33867

It got me through the game glitch free. I therefore decided to follow it again when I played the HD version on the PS3 and, once again, it got me through glitch free and at 100% completion for all the collectables (all life upgrades and artwork).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I followed another walkthrough and made it through on Medium and got undefeated. I'm pretty sure the glitch is because you either save before going through the portal, but most likely going through a portal when the story doesn't take you through it. Now Hard and I can move on :-)

• 3 months later...

Anyone know how to fix or ensure that the glitch doesn't happen on a playthrough. I lost my medium undefeated run to this glitch and I don't want it to happen again :-(

Just out of interest because I'm currently playing this but if you die, can't you just quit the game and load in an old save?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 24.11.2012 at 10:53 PM, Stevieboy said:

After running into the Dahaka Hole Glitch while playing this on the PS2, I decided to follow this walkthrough...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/919986-prince-of-persia-warrior-within/faqs/33867

It got me through the game glitch free. I therefore decided to follow it again when I played the HD version on the PS3 and, once again, it got me through glitch free and at 100% completion for all the collectables (all life upgrades and artwork).

Replying to the 7 year old comment might seem like a bad idea (and it probably is...)

I'm playing through PoP;WW and had to trash two playthroughs already due to the dahaka hole glitch. I don't want to read the whole guide for searching for one single part, could you please tell me if you remember (haha) or if you have memories from rereading the guide?

On 6/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, Varhur said:

Replying to the 7 year old comment might seem like a bad idea (and it probably is...)

I'm playing through PoP;WW and had to trash two playthroughs already due to the dahaka hole glitch. I don't want to read the whole guide for searching for one single part, could you please tell me if you remember (haha) or if you have memories from rereading the guide?

Memories of what exactly?

I ran into the glitch because I backtracked as I missed a couple of upgrades (think they were the 2nd and 3rd ones). Backtracking through a portal (one that doesn't progress the game) is what can cause the glitch.

Edited by Stevieboy

15 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Memories of what exactly?

I ran into the glitch because I backtracked as I missed a couple of upgrades (think they were the 2nd and 3rd ones). Backtracking through a portal (one that doesn't progress the game) is what can cause the glitch.

The guide you've used, it mentions what to do to avoid the glitch, but it's (obviously) a guide for the whole game, so a lot of reading (lazy me). But thanks for the advice, i have last playthrough left (hard) and i really want it to be the last one.