Mirage Board question

Griffon234

So, I just started this game and I do not understand this portion.

I got the Black Chocochick Memento, and unlocked the part of my board which says "Unlock Black Chocochick Mirage Board".

I assumed this meant that it would extend my Chocochick's mirage board to pick up the skills from my black Chocochick's board, but this is not the case. (I realised they're different families)

So what does that unlock black Chocochick's mirage board tile do anyway?

It means that your regular Chocochick could now turn into Black Chocochick. Also, unlocking other type/breed of a monster is the only way to get 100% sync rate with that monster = only way to get bonus skill for that monster once you get 100% sync rate.

Your monster could only use the passive and active skills from his evolved and de-evolved forms (once that monster learned them of course) in it's current evolution line (e.g. Chocochick could only use Chocobo Skills).

oh btw. those skills that are on green font are only usable if your monster is currently in that form...e.g. Bablizz will never be able to use Diamond Dust.

Edited by JaM

If you go to the mirage case (at a save point or warp gate) and highlight the regular chocochick and hit the start button (on Vita) it will show you all the things you can transfigure that chocochick into. If you unlocked the 'turn into black chocochick' space on the chocochicks board then black chocochick will show up as an option. The black chocochick will have a fresh board to open up with different nodes. Any points you gained and spent on the regular chocochick will be back to spend on the black chocochicks board so you can master both boards (switching back and forth) just using the 1 mirage. Most of the mirages have similar 'cousin' boards so you can master 100 boards only having to imprison and level up around half that many mirages.

1 hour ago, JaM said:

It means that your regular Chocochick could now turn into Black Chocochick. Also, unlocking other type/breed of a monster is the only way to get 100% sync rate with that monster = only way to get bonus skill for that monster once you get 100% sync rate.

Your monster could only use the passive and active skills from his evolved and de-evolved forms (once that monster learned them of course) in it's current evolution line (e.g. Chocochick could only use Chocobo Skills).

oh btw. those skills that are on green font are only usable if your monster is currently in that form...e.g. Bablizz will never be able to use Diamond Dust.

If I swap to Black Chocochick, can I change back at any save point, or no?

1 hour ago, mking_63 said:

If you go to the mirage case (at a save point or warp gate) and highlight the regular chocochick and hit the start button (on Vita) it will show you all the things you can transfigure that chocochick into. If you unlocked the 'turn into black chocochick' space on the chocochicks board then black chocochick will show up as an option. The black chocochick will have a fresh board to open up with different nodes. Any points you gained and spent on the regular chocochick will be back to spend on the black chocochicks board so you can master both boards (switching back and forth) just using the 1 mirage. Most of the mirages have similar 'cousin' boards so you can master 100 boards only having to imprison and level up around half that many mirages.

So I have completely got everything on Chocochick's board before transfiguring into something else. Does that mean I have one board mastered now?

7 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

If I swap to Black Chocochick, can I change back at any save point, or no?

So I have completely got everything on Chocochick's board before transfiguring into something else. Does that mean I have one board mastered now?

yes, you could still swap back your Chocochick. 

for the next q... No. You will only master a board once you have got everything of a monster board + it's evoled and de-evolved forms (that included blank spaces and the big one that lets you evolved/de-evolve a monster). In your Chocochick's case, you need to get everything as well on Chocobo's board. The monster will also have a Silver Star on it's name once you have master a board. It will be a gold star once you mastered it's other form evolution as well (you will know it since it will have 100% sync rate + the game will ask you to pick a masteries skill)

IIRC Most monster that has no evolution(excluding the summons/special monsters like Goblin Princess) and 2 form/evolve monster (e.g. chocobo) needs around level 35~ to 50~ to master a board. 3 forms takes around 55-60~ and 4 forms ones (e.g. Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh) are around 80~.

Edited by JaM
  • Like 2

On 9 January 2017 at 2:05 AM, JaM said:

yes, you could still swap back your Chocochick. 

for the next q... No. You will only master a board once you have got everything of a monster board + it's evoled and de-evolved forms (that included blank spaces and the big one that lets you evolved/de-evolve a monster). In your Chocochick's case, you need to get everything as well on Chocobo's board. The monster will also have a Silver Star on it's name once you have master a board. It will be a gold star once you mastered it's other form evolution as well (you will know it since it will have 100% sync rate + the game will ask you to pick a masteries skill)

IIRC Most monster that has no evolution(excluding the summons/special monsters like Goblin Princess) and 2 form/evolve monster (e.g. chocobo) needs around level 35~ to 50~ to master a board. 3 forms takes around 55-60~ and 4 forms ones (e.g. Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh) are around 80~.

Sorry for asking again - so if I get Chocochick/Bo/third evolution's boards finished that's one board 100% complete, and if I transfig to black Chocochick, does that count as a second board, or is it still counted as one board? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

Sorry for asking again - so if I get Chocochick/Bo/third evolution's boards finished that's one board 100% complete, and if I transfig to black Chocochick, does that count as a second board, or is it still counted as one board? 

Yeah. Once you completed regular Chocobo's board + Black chocobo + 3rd form chocobo = 100% board. 

For the 100 mastered trophy? IIRC no... That only counts as 1 board.(someone, pls correct me if I am wrong)

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I would also like to know if the evolution boards count as 1. I'm currently working on the 100 mirage board trophy.

IIRC it counted as multiple. So if you did Chocochick and it's evolutions, it would count as 1, and then swap to Black Chocochick, and did all it's evolutions, it counted as another.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I would also like to know if the evolution boards count as 1. I'm currently working on the 100 mirage board trophy.

6 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

IIRC it counted as multiple. So if you did Chocochick and it's evolutions, it would count as 1, and then swap to Black Chocochick, and did all it's evolutions, it counted as another.

I also think that it's multiple, I don't remember maxing 100 individual creatures. 

I just maxed all possible mirage boards for the monster, transformed it into the other variants (forgot the name) and then continued to max it's boards until I had all possible boards for it maxed. 

I will try to remember to double check this in-game. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

34 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I also think that it's multiple, I don't remember maxing 100 individual creatures. 

I just maxed all possible mirage boards for the monster, transformed it into the other variants (forgot the name) and then continued to max it's boards until I had all possible boards for it maxed. 

I will try to remember to double check this in-game. 

Ok, thanks. So it will take a bit of time. Also, does it have to be unique boards/mirage family. Because I think I captured a Mu and a Skull Eater, but don't want to waste my time doing both boards when only 1 counts.

On 26/01/2019 at 11:49 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Ok, thanks. So it will take a bit of time. Also, does it have to be unique boards/mirage family. Because I think I captured a Mu and a Skull Eater, but don't want to waste my time doing both boards when only 1 counts.

I think it was 100 silver stars (I forgot what that means...). 

I thought that I had the save ready for cross-save, but didn't, so I will need to re-install on ps4 again to check. 

As for Unique monsters, no, it can be several of the same family (I remember maxing a few moogles/chocobos) 

Edit: Finely checked it. 

I have 63 golden stars, and a lot are from "star named monsters" that only have 1 mirage board and don't transform into others. Since several monsters have 2-3 mirage boards for their full family, I'm positive that maxing and transforming them into other board monsters work as individual boards (it would take forever to check how many boards each of my 63 monsters actually have). 

I also saw that I have a few double monsters maxed, so those likely count too. 

And a last thing, use monsters with star name (only 1 board, monster) on it, because it's faster to max out. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 26/01/2019 at 6:13 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

I think it was 100 silver stars (I forgot what that means...). 

I thought that I had the save ready for cross-save, but didn't, so I will need to re-install on ps4 again to check. 

As for Unique monsters, no, it can be several of the same family (I remember maxing a few moogles/chocobos) 

Edit: Finely checked it. 

I have 63 golden stars, and a lot are from "star named monsters" that only have 1 mirage board and don't transform into others. Since several monsters have 2-3 mirage boards for their full family, I'm positive that maxing and transforming them into other board monsters work as individual boards (it would take forever to check how many boards each of my 63 monsters actually have). 

I also saw that I have a few double monsters maxed, so those likely count too. 

And a last thing, use monsters with star name (only 1 board, monster) on it, because it's faster to max out. 

Just to clarify this, is mastering a Mirage Board the same thing as reaching a sync level of 100%? I don't know if I'm looking at this wrong but I don't see any star names, are they legendary mirages or something?

Edited by bikeman223