DmC: Devil May Cry

daniezutton

DmC: Devil May Cry is an upcoming video game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Capcom for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. The game will not connect with the events that occured in the numbered games. It is set to release on January 15th, 2013 in North America and Europe and January 18th in Japan.

A demo was released on November 20th for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

I'm wondering why a lot of people are hating on this game... The demo was fantastic but it took some getting used to due to the new abilities and the fact that I haven't played DmC in a few years. People a moaning about his 'new' look - they say he looks 'emo'. What they don't realize is that his hair is white when Devil Trigger is activate. Here are a few comments from others' perspectives..

Mike Tucker No... He looks like an emo stool pusher

Tas Shumik Not paying 60 for a game that will last 10 hours at most. I will get it 6 months later from amazon for 20 bucks lol. As for the new look i hate it. Fucking hipster Dante -_-blank.gif

Robbie Keizer And his here to rip off Twilight by looks of it......

Alex Blazquez Kinda looks like a fag. But I'll wait for the release before I judge.

Aaron Yanez helllll no man he looks fucking stupid

Fua Vang that's not dante... dante has WHITE HAIR!

Justice Swanson This isn't DMC, it's shit!

A.j. Evangelista I haven't played DMC, but I know this isn't DMC

Aiden Austin NO! I don't like his new look. The entire reason I'm NOT buying this game is the new look, along with the entire immature theme to the whole game. The dialogue is pretty much what I'd expect to hear from a punk on XBOX Live. It's not even close to the Dante that has made the Devil May Cry series so great.

Wow, he gets it ---> Sam Alexander For the people that don't know, the story has nothing to do with 1-4.

It's an alternate universe, and don't be so quick to judge, I prefer his old look too, but that's not what makes the game. Try out the demo, the gsme is good from what I played

What do you think about the upcoming DmC: Devil May Cry?

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

before i say anything else: i hated the game when it was planned to be a prequel to DMC 1-4, cuz they would most definitely fuck up most every aspect of the current overarching storyline, so when it was changed to a spinoff storyline, i was happy, so my opinion is based off this. now then:

- The combat is fucking amazing. i do miss lock on, now there is no gauging of enemy health nor easy use of handguns, but the streamlining of the three weapons (arbiter, osiris, rebellion) makes for amazing combos, and i thoroughly enjoyed this, almost as much as the combat of DMC4 due to the widest variety of combo moves. TLDR: it plays like a DMC

- The soundtrack, based on the demo and trailers, will be sexy as hell also. i honestly went to certain fights a lot in the demo just for the music, it was just that good. TLDR: it sounds like a DMC

- the graphics are really well done in this one. i like the DMC4 ones a bit more, this one has a lot of bright colors which doesnt seem to fit a DMC game, but looking at how they are used, its in that 'you are tipping and hearing colors' kinda bright, so ita all good. TLDR: it looks like a DMC...a trippy one but still

- gotta talk this one: still not a big fan of the new take on Dante...and Vergil also, based on what ive seen. For Dante, his lines just are as cocky as DMC3 or 4. If you have played them, most of the game was him being a wiseass, made it funny. this one, from the vids and demo, he is more...Nero in DMC4. he has smartass lines, but most is more serious and shit. for vergil, i will leave it at this: a Bowler hat IS.NOT.TOTALLY.BADASS. TLDR: Dante isnt totally classic Dante, Vergil better not be some poser UK guy.

TLDR of above: Plays like DMC. Sounds like DMC. Looks like (a trippy) DMC. Dante and Vergil arent the classic Dante and Vergil.

what if he looks emo? as far as I'm concerned he looks like a young guy with a messed up life, that's why he looks "horrible" I mean he is possessed right? people put stereotypes everywhere, 'if you do that then you are this, if you look like this then you are that, this and this and that' stop judging something you haven't try, I truly want this game to be good, and every game that is made to be good but that is not always the situation, let's hope the game is actually good. If not, it wont be because the guy looked like an "emo"

As long as the story isn't connected to the previous games, im happy to buy it. Its abit like Metal Gear Rising, im definitely buying that and i know it has nothing to do with the storylines from the previous games.

I'm fairly sure it's a prequel to all the games and you're playing as a young Dante, so I'm assuming the story will be interconnected.

Parker

I'm fairly sure it's a prequel to all the games and you're playing as a young Dante, so I'm assuming the story will be interconnected.

Parker

no, Ninja Theory realised this was the worst move they could ever make with any game, so they pulled the smart move of instead making DmC from a prequel, into something akin of the new batman trilogy in comparison to the old batman movies: same game series and all that, but the storylines are different...pretty much a spinoff world

• Like 2

no, Ninja Theory realised this was the worst move they could ever make with any game, so they pulled the smart move of instead making DmC from a prequel, into something akin of the new batman trilogy in comparison to the old batman movies: same game series and all that, but the storylines are different...pretty much a spinoff world

Thank you for correcting me, I haven't really kept up with the title. Seems like a good move though, you can make a different storyline without pissing off all the previous fans while still pleasing them.

Parker

I personally didn't like the demo.

I do like the way dante looks, but the demo seemed a bit linear, and the demos were all done by button mashing, but that is just because I have no skill in DmC as I have never played them before.

I personally didn't like the demo.

I do like the way dante looks, but the demo seemed a bit linear, and the demos were all done by button mashing, but that is just because I have no skill in DmC as I have never played them before.

I feel the same way. I prefer new Dante, but the gameplay hasn't won me over. I didn't see the benefit to "style" combat since the same move can easily kill most enemies.

I feel the same way. I prefer new Dante, but the gameplay hasn't won me over. I didn't see the benefit to "style" combat since the same move can easily kill most enemies.

Mixing up the combat yourself would be the best option - A lot of people say they hate fighting/hack & slash games because they can't perform the combos.

Mixing up the combat yourself would be the best option - A lot of people say they hate fighting/hack & slash games because they can't perform the combos.

I enjoy hack n' slash games. My confusion with DmC was there didn't seem to be any benefit to mixing up the moves versus mashing one attack over and over again.

• 1 month later...

IMO I dont like it. Not because of how Dante looks its because of the game itself. I got bored during the demo. Just kill the same enemies over and over. Also the bosses are just weird and the level settings arent that good either.