Couple of Questions

Nano1124

Yup, it's both games but only 1 Platinum. I say this is the version you should play if you don't care about more plats, because you're going to have to do the same things in this version as in the Vita versions of the games to get the plats anyway, and it's probably cheaper. There's no difference between the Vita versions and this version, other than this probably looks better being on PS4.

4 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Yup, it's both games but only 1 Platinum. I say this is the version you should play if you don't care about more plats, because you're going to have to do the same things in this version as in the Vita versions of the games to get the plats anyway, and it's probably cheaper. There's no difference between the Vita versions and this version, other than this probably looks better being on PS4.

But with if I already have both games downloaded on my Vita already (I do. They're just waiting to be played)? I just want to know if the content is any different between the versions.

Just now, Nano1124 said:

But with if I already have both games downloaded on my Vita already (I do. They're just waiting to be played)? I just want to know if the content is any different between the versions.

The games are the same, this is just both games together on PS4.

10 minutes ago, johnsonterry said:

JP and HK version?I   hope NA and EU version will have their individual trophy region.

Don't count on either of those, right now, only NA and EU are confirmed to get the PS4 version of Reload, and I doubt they'll have separate lists for the regions. The list right now is presumed for both NA and EU, unless another one pops up, which I doubt will happen.

5 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Don't count on either of those, right now, only NA and EU are confirmed to get the PS4 version of Reload, and I doubt they'll have separate lists for the regions. The list right now is presumed for both NA and EU, unless another one pops up, which I doubt will happen.

Nahhhh,I choose the system language traditional chinese so the trophy list is not English,I knew the Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls will get the PS4 version by NA,may we get more trophy regions....By the way ,I  got 4 plats of Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair GirlsB)bfae17b6gw1fayxdx7wq3g20dw07tail.jpg

2 minutes ago, johnsonterry said:

Nahhhh,I choose the system language traditional chinese so the trophy list is not English,I knew the Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls will get the PS4 version by NA,may we get more trophy regions....By the way ,I  got 4 plats of Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair GirlsB)bfae17b6gw1fayxdx7wq3g20dw07tail.jpg

Yes, it is English. If you choose to look at the Default Language on here in the list, it says English (US). You might be able to see the list in Japanese and Chinese, but that's probably just for language sake. And like I said before, the game is only confirmed to come out in NA and EU, there isn't going to be any other version right now. The reason for that is probably because we never got the Vita version, so they don't see a reason to release it on PS4 in the east right now. AE will probably be different and have a worldwide release and have multiple trophy lists for regions like the Vita version, but that's about it.

4 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Yes, it is English. If you choose to look at the Default Language on here in the list, it says English (US). You might be able to see the list in Japanese and Chinese, but that's probably just for language sake. And like I said before, the game is only confirmed to come out in NA and EU, there isn't going to be any other version right now. The reason for that is probably because we never got the Vita version, so they don't see a reason to release it on PS4 in the east right now. AE will probably be different and have a worldwide release and have multiple trophy lists for regions like the Vita version, but that's about it.

Errr,you got me,I give in,I think what you said is right and I now only need to await it to be in NA ps store and  I  have asked my friend who got the plat of RELOAD,it's not easy ,maybe you can try and be the 1st plat hunter of this game

3 minutes ago, johnsonterry said:

Errr,you got me,I give in,I think what you said is right and I now only need to await it to be in NA ps store and  I  have asked my friend who got the plat of RELOAD,it's not easy ,maybe you can try and be the 1st plat hunter of this game

The game isn't out until March 14th in NA, just so you know, it's still 2 months away. I played the JP Vita version of Reload, and it wasn't hard, even with the language barrier, though I had to use a guide for all the translation stuff. It's just doing the same things for the original games to get their plats, so you're doing both games fully for one plat. And I doubt I'll be the first person, as there's probably a lot of people who've played the Vita versions already and will just skip through the game again for the trophies. I'm gonna take my time and enjoy the games again.

Wait what? One platinum for both games?

Question for people who have already platted the original Vita games: are the trophy requirements the same? Will buyers have to put in as much hours for this one platinum as original owners put in for two platinums?

In other words: According to the two Trophy guides on this site, DR1 takes 50 hours to plat and DR2 takes 55 hours to plat. When you look at the requirements of this trophy list, would you say it will now take 105 hours for this one plat? Or have some of the more strenuous trophy requirements from the original games been removed? If so, what would you estimate the completion time at? 

Thanks in advance for answers!

18 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Question for people who have already platted the original Vita games: are the trophy requirements the same? Will buyers have to put in as much hours for this one platinum as original owners put in for two platinums?

In other words: According to the two Trophy guides on this site, DR1 takes 50 hours to plat and DR2 takes 55 hours to plat. When you look at the requirements of this trophy list, would you say it will now take 105 hours for this one plat? Or have some of the more strenuous trophy requirements from the original games been removed? If so, what would you estimate the completion time at? 

The trophy requirements are almost the same. The two changes the Reload version made were taking out the trophies for having to complete the galleries, but they also condensed the trophies for completing that Report Cards and Hope Fragments into one trophy for each game rather than getting one trophy for each character. And yes, those times are accurate, it'll probably be around 100 hours to get all the trophies for both games, even with the gallery trophies removed.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

It's the same games and the same amount of work.  The main difference between the two lists is that the Vita lists give you individual trophies for filling out each student's report card, while the PS4 list gives a single trophy for filling out every student's report card.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies. 

That's somewhat disappointing, since new players will have to do the same amount of work for half the trophy points. 

What compelled them to merge the trophy lists, I wonder. What's wrong with keeping them separate like the Uncharted Collection, Bioshock Collection, Metro Redux (and any collection I can think of) has done? 

I'm thinking they'll probably do this for The Nonary Games, too, then (though that's not as bad, since all those trophies are just story-related).

Anyway, I'm still very much looking forward to finally playing these games I've read so much great things about! :D

Edited by QuentinCle95

This is stupid. Danganronpa 1 and 2 are two different games and should have had different trophy sets for each game.

>but muh 1・2 RELOAD

Justify the unjustifiable. There are several games compiled in a single disc or game card with multiple trophy sets for each game.

This is just a dick move. Whoever took this decision should be crucified. Or at least fired, lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, 2 games for the price of one?

There are platinums out there for less than $5. And other Collections, that bundled 3 games and were also for the price of one game (f.i. Bioshock Collection) kept the separate trophy lists. 

Also, people paying less than the original asking price for a game is not something abnormal. When a game is 2 years old (which both of these games are!), it's only natural their price declines, but people who bought it later will still have access to the same amount of trophies. 

If they dummed down the requirements or something, that would be something else. But having people put in the same input for half the output just because they had to pay less is completely unreasonable in my opinion. Devs don't have to pay, or sacrifice anything really, to have more trophies, as long as it follows the standardized format of 1270p>= per game. They actually went out of their way to do this, which is completely counterproductive.

Who wins with this decision? It's not making them any more money, and it's not like original players would be in outrage if the trophy lists had been the same because "they didn't have to pay as much" . 

I know whining about it won't change anything, and there are worse things to worry about, and I definitely will still buy the game and not let this affect my enjoyment of it, but just saying it is kinda sucky. 

Edited by QuentinCle95

14 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

There are platinums out there for less than $5. And other Collections, that bundled 3 games and were also for the price of one game (f.i. Bioshock Collection) kept the separate trophy lists. 

Also, people paying less than the original asking price for a game is not something abnormal. When a game is 2 years old (which both of these games are!), it's only natural their price declines, but people who bought it later will still have access to the same amount of trophies. 

If they dummed down the requirements or something, that would be something else. But having people put in the same input for half the output just because they had to pay less is completely unreasonable in my opinion. Devs don't have to pay, or sacrifice anything really, to have more trophies, as long as it follows the standardized format of 1270p>= per game. They actually went out of their way to do this, which is completely counterproductive.

Who wins with this decision? It's not making them any more money, and it's not like original players would be in outrage if the trophy lists had been the same because "they didn't have to pay as much" . 

I know whining about it won't change anything, and there are worse things to worry about, and I definitely will still buy the game and not let this affect my enjoyment of it, but just saying it is kinda sucky. 

I wasn't really talking about the localized version. :D

I was saying why Japan made Reload in the first place :) While it is PS4 version, it's still a port. It's not a new game.

11 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I wasn't really talking about the localized version. :D

I was saying why Japan made Reload in the first place :) While it is PS4 version, it's still a port. It's not a new game.

I don't understand your argument, or what that had to do with what I was saying :P I'm just saying, it's two games, so it deserves two platinums haha 

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

The reason this is 2 games with just 1 platinum is because they most probably wanted to keep the list the same as the other 1 & 2 Reload collection on the Vita.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2170-ダンガンロンパ12-reload

Oh, I didn't know that existed. Well still, then it was sucky of them to just give out one plat for the Vita version :P

21 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Oh, I didn't know that existed. Well still, then it was sucky of them to just give out one plat for the Vita version :P

That's what I was talking about. 

That the PS4 version is just a port of existing game which was created so people could play both games for the price of one.

When Vita Reload came out, many players already played Dangans on PSP so many wouldn't like to pay twice to play them again.

• Like 1