Ruby Weapon won't spawn

TheAveryChu

Alright, so I just got to Lv99 with each character and I set everything up to take on Ruby, but he doesn't seem to be appearing in the desert near the Gold Saucer. After searching around a bit, I found that many found fighting a few wild encounters on the map would trigger his spawn, although I have yet to have any luck there. I tried defeating Sephiroth, and restarting the game, and he still hasn't spawned. A long time ago, on this save file I also defeated the other two weapons just fine. Over the course of this playthrough I have been using cheats, so I don't know if there could be a glitch involving those. 

Anyone got any ideas out how I could fix this?

It's supposed to spawn after beating Ultimate Weapon and doing a random battle afterwords. Though apparently it can become invisible for whatever reason and you have to move around the Gold Saucer and hope you bump into it. Otherwise it sounds like you just got unlucky.

• Like 1

Problem with old games like this, the cheat probably is effecting him in some way. Not helpful, I know but that is all it can be. You have gone far enough in the game. Have you fought and defeated Ultimate Weapon? You have to defeat Ultimate first and then get into one random battle afterwards. This triggers Ruby.

• Like 1