The first time I've given up on 100%ing a game.

TheLiamK

So I am not very good at games, nor trophy/achievement hunting. I don't usually hang around a game or genre enough to make any substantial progress or improvement but, in my mind, I always tell myself that I will eventually 100% every game I can. Battlefield Hardline, however, is somewhat of a mile stone for me as it marks the first time where even though 100% is still possible, I am making a decision to not get all of the available trophies.  There are five insanely time consuming trophies in the game one for reaching level 150 and 4 separate trophies for reaching 10,000 kills with each class in the game.

Level 150 is actually quite do-able, I'm over half way there so I will probably power through; playing this game whenever I need to destress or fancy some online shoot-bangs. The game is still actually really fun(apart from the f&^*ing snipers :@) so it shouldn't be a problem to knock it out over a month or two.

It is, however, the 40,000 kills trophies that stops my 100% ambition stone dead for this game. I am currently 78 hours deep in to the game and upon checking the amount of overall kills I have here: http://bfhstats.com/ps4/TheLiamK it is currently 3,551 across all four classes. So doing some probably wrong math  to get to 40,000 I would need to do that 3,551 11ish more times. 78 x 11 = 858 hours on top of the 78 I currently have. Im...not going to be doing that lol. 

Has anyone else give up on this or still plan on getting it? Have you already got it?

...and if this thread just seems like me being a salty fuck, it's because I am :D

P.S, please don't laugh at my atrocious battlefield stats ^_^

• Like 1

I remember when the 10,000 Kills trophies came out I noped the fuck out of even trying. Base game platinum is doable even legit with some time and grinding but those, not a chance.

I have 11,592 kills cumulatively from BF3 and that's from day one with periods of really getting in to the game.

188 BF:H (PS3)

726 BF:4 (PS3)

1186 BF:4 (PS4)

1556 BF:1

Also around 5000 kills from BFBC2, 300 BFBC, 2000 BF1943 and still that wouldn't be 40K over the series. Visceral can go die in a fire with their ridiculous DLC trophies to a game that was dead on arrival.

• Like 2

I laugh at how you think your bad at playing games/ trophy hunting, there is no right or wrong way of playing the game unless your insane and you like throwing discs out the window then yes that is the wrong way but we all play them for fun you may give up on 100% this now but there is always another time I said the same when I was playing kh1 i hated it so much but i did it a year/ 2 later and i felt happy about that.

Bottom line here is don't give up on it completely as you never know you may get it in the end, just work on it bit by bit is what i say but hey take what you will from what I said.

• Like 3

I just don't understand why they put it so high, 1000 per class would have still been a mission but it would be doable at least. Only reason I can think of is they want to keep people playing to sell more battlepacks? Or maybe their just assholes lol. Main game is pretty do-able, I'm suprised to say I LOVED the campaign and there aren't many online trophies, working on Menz in the Hood now so trying to goldstar enforcer. Lucky there is an easy way to earn teir 4 perks though other wise i'd be screwed. 

I dunno dude, for being on a site dedicate to trophy hunting, I don't seem to do a lot if it :P

Yeah got the Ride to Hell plat, t'was a complete nightmare, my brain has repressed most of the horror though :D

Going to play some hotwire to level my enforcer, awesome game mode!

There are multiple games where I just can't bring myself to complete 100%. They're just not worth it. I usually skip speedrunning trophies, multiplayer / leaderboard type trophies and insane grinds. Some grinds are okay, if the game is fun, but I want to see more games rather than have more trophies. Life is short.

• Like 1

I think you've to got to like playing the game. I have a total of 76k kills in Battlefield 3. It's indeed painful, but if you've friends to play with, and you enjoy playing it, the grind will be more painless. Although I've to admit, 10k kills for a trophy is ridiculous, especially for players who aren't into battlefield.

Considering the amount of kills you're having at 78 hours. I believe you can improve on that, and it'll help you a hell' lot to be honest. 10k kills per 70 hours should be a reasonable goal to go for.

Edited by azlanslayer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

4a11b118f4476c86fa8318cc7494a434.png
First time? Really?? :huh:

If it serves as consolation, you got Dead StarMidnight Club LA, Cloudberry Kingdom and Futuridium EP, all of them impossible to 100% (well, not cloudberry but still), so you have given up in a lot more already, you just don't know it.

He's planning on going back to those he can't possibly 100% to 100% them. He's like a magician or something. Don't you get that? Also, it could be the first time he gave up, even if he played those before. He's also a time traveler of sorts, don't you see?

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

Lol, buy/borrow another console, install the game and self-boost.

What's the matter here?

I've played Hardline legit so far on PS3 and I got 3590 kills total. 60h and 1.12 k/d

These are decent/almost bad stats, but I had fun playing those 60h.

Maybe on summer when I borrow again my friend's PS3 I'll self boost some time. Doing basic calculations you can get the 40k in 80h of self boost.

It's grindy, but it's up to the person.

Maybe I get bored at 30h mark and leave it there for a year or so.

I didn't like hardline very much but still fun enough to play.

Edited by charlijaen

3 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Only thing is that games need almost always more than 2 players to start unless you rent a server.

Even a rented server needs 4 people.

Just join a low populated server, let's say 4-10 players. 

Go to a corner, dummy uses the spawn gadget (and both players leave any squad to avoid randoms)

Then just kill & respawn. You get 1 kill every 6/7 seconds.

You can always boost those 40K kills, here's the most efficient method I can devise, it may work for you:

1. Get 3 more people, no need to rent servers, just find an empty Hardcore CQ, preferibly DLC maps . Hardcore + DLC map will severely lower the chance of randoms joining. Plus, in Harcore mode players have lower health, meaning they die a few milliseconds faster (those milliseconds will compound and translate to more kills per minute).
  2. You will be by yourself alone in one team, the other 3 players on the other team, they should be on a private squad so potential randoms can't join them.
  3. The other 3 players should be: Operator with Revive and Medkit, Mechanic with Radio Beacon and Enforcer with Ammo box. Mechanic should put the beacon nearby, the Enforcer should drop the ammo box on your feet so you get constant supply of ammo.
  4. Kill the Mechanic and the Enforcer, let the Operator revive them, wait a couple seconds for them to recover health with the Medkit, repeat. Sometimes they can't be revived, but they can spawn back at the beacon quickl.
  5. If too many randoms join, leave and find another server.

With this method you can get 300+ kills per match (doing some approximation here, as I have not tried this method myself, I am getting my kills legit). CQ matches last 30mins each, assuming you have to trade matches with your partners, that's 300+ kills every 120mins, which translates to a 2.5 Kills Per Minute (KPM), that's a very high KPM, the most you can get playing legit is a 1.0-1.2 KPM (for an average player, pros will obviously have higher KPM). Doing some math: 40K/2.5 = 16Kmins = ∽266 hours of pure boosting; that's less than a third of the time needed if you tried to do it legit with your current 0.7KPM.

• Like 1

Your not the only one to give up 100% this, I never bothered yo do it, these 4 10,000 kill trophies are just insane, they really must've thought the game would have been wildly popular. 

P.s I thought they were gonna fix the 4 10,000 kill trophies, like make it less kills but it seems they never bothered.

for the people that stack this and do 80,000 kills then serious grats to you or maybe your just very mad :P 

46 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Only thing is that games need almost always more than 2 players to start unless you rent a server.

Then 4 consoles, 4 games and a rented server it is. It's just monies, gotta think bigger, like trophies or something.

• Like 1

TBH if you like the game and play regularly it will probably take a few weeks/months as long as you work towards just kills and don't concentrate on objectives. I haven't played Hardline, so I dunno how the levelling system works, but if its similar to BF1, it should be done fast (I reached Rank 40 in ~35 hours) . I'll eventually get both this and BF4, since they're pretty cheap now anyways.

5 minutes ago, IntenseFATE98 said:

TBH if you like the game and play regularly it will probably take a few weeks/months as long as you work towards just kills and don't concentrate on objectives. I haven't played Hardline, so I dunno how the levelling system works, but if its similar to BF1, it should be done fast (I reached Rank 40 in ~35 hours) . I'll eventually get both this and BF4, since they're pretty cheap now anyways.

There's not too many players and full lobbies are rare so you really can't compare it to boosting BF4 or 1. More like BFBC1.