Defeating 500 Heartless is a trophy? That just makes me think it'll be even shorter than I had expected (500 really isn't that many).

Although I am glad it doesn't have a platinum. It's clearly a shorter game, that has always been clear, and it having a platinum would take away from DDD having one imo. I hope X doesn't have a plat either.

• Like 1

This one is definitely going to be on my Trophy Cabinet xD

5L7c1cc5.png

Was surprised and glad that there is no Speedrun trophy. I expected it to have one since I figured that this game will be short. 

Aside from that, pretty straightforward IMO, the open all chest would probably depends if you can go back to previous map or not. And the most Grindy one seems to be defeating 500 Heartless. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised that there's no trophies for Back Cover (unless that just hasn't gone live yet), but the ones for Birth by Sleep 0.2 seem pretty good. The 500 doesn't seem like too much of a grind (given that we've seen the groups of heartless, with like 50-100 heartless together, unless that only counts as one heartless, in which case, it might be a grind). 

Its interesting as well to see exactly what areas will be featured so you've got the Castle Town from Cinderella as opposed to the Castle of Dreams, the Forest of Thorns which I don't think actually featured in the Enchanted Dominion, while the World Within was only a small area for a boss fight in the original game.

I imagine that not all of the objectives aren't compulsory (I doubt there'd be a trophy if there weren't some optional ones).  

6 hours ago, madbuk said:

Defeating 500 Heartless is a trophy? That just makes me think it'll be even shorter than I had expected (500 really isn't that many).

Although I am glad it doesn't have a platinum. It's clearly a shorter game, that has always been clear, and it having a platinum would take away from DDD having one imo. I hope X doesn't have a plat either.

How the hell did you reach that conclusion when almost every Remastered collections released so far have multiple Platinums? Previous KH collections including.

5 hours ago, Divewinds said:

I'm surprised that there's no trophies for Back Cover (unless that just hasn't gone live yet), but the ones for Birth by Sleep 0.2 seem pretty good. The 500 doesn't seem like too much of a grind (given that we've seen the groups of heartless, with like 50-100 heartless together, unless that only counts as one heartless, in which case, it might be a grind).

Its interesting as well to see exactly what areas will be featured so you've got the Castle Town from Cinderella as opposed to the Castle of Dreams, the Forest of Thorns which I don't think actually featured in the Enchanted Dominion, while the World Within was only a small area for a boss fight in the original game.

I imagine that not all of the objectives aren't compulsory (I doubt there'd be a trophy if there weren't some optional ones).

The Flood of Darkness is counted as a single entity so it should only count as 1, I also believe it's actually a mini boss so...

I could be wrong, but the trophy images for Wandering in the Dark and Real or Illusion? look like the castle from Cinderella's world and Malificent's castle in Enchanted Dominion respectively. That makes me wonder if the Dark World is made up of lost worlds, kind of like End of the World in KH1.

6 hours ago, JaM said:

5L7c1cc5.png

Was surprised and glad that there is no Speedrun trophy. I expected it to have one since I figured that this game will be short. 

Same here :highfive: .

Dark Explorer could also be grindy, as the distance isn't mentioned.

The game takes place immediately from the end of the Epilogue (Secret Playable Ending) of Birth by Sleep Final Mix, with Aqua in the Land of Darkness stumbling upon the Castle of Dreams. I don't know if its been confirmed, but its assumed that it will take place (at least most of it will) during Kingdom Hearts 1, as the first three worlds of Birth by Sleep were taken by the Heartless. Aqua will be travelling through the Land of Darkness and see what is left of those worlds; the worlds she once knew. 

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I could be wrong, but the trophy images for Wandering in the Dark and Real or Illusion? look like the castle from Cinderella's world and Malificent's castle in Enchanted Dominion respectively. That makes me wonder if the Dark World is made up of lost worlds, kind of like End of the World in KH1.

Same here :highfive: .

Dark Explorer could also be grindy, as the distance isn't mentioned.

The Dark world is not made from the lost worlds, but those worlds end up in the Dark realm to be consumed by it so one could explore them while that happens.

57 minutes ago, Divewinds said:

The game takes place immediately from the end of the Epilogue (Secret Playable Ending) of Birth by Sleep Final Mix, with Aqua in the Land of Darkness stumbling upon the Castle of Dreams. I don't know if its been confirmed, but its assumed that it will take place (at least most of it will) during Kingdom Hearts 1, as the first three worlds of Birth by Sleep were taken by the Heartless. Aqua will be travelling through the Land of Darkness and see what is left of those worlds; the worlds she once knew. 

Yes, close to the end of KH1 actually, during the time that Mickey was roaming the Relm of Darkness looking for the Kingdom Key D, but time moves diferently in the Realm of Darkness, so for Aqua that could've been right after she was dragged in.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

2 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

The Dark world is not made from the lost worlds, but those worlds end up in the Dark realm to be consumed by it so one could explore them while that happens.

So the Dark World isn't a world in the Dark Realm, but rather another name for the Dark Realm itself?

2 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Yes, close to the end of KH1 actually, during the time that Mickey was roaming the Relm of Darkness looking for the Kingdom Key D, but time moves diferently in the Realm of Darkness, so for Aqua that could've been right after she was dragged in.

I had a feeling it would take place during the events of KH1. Looking forward to see what Mickey has been doing and how he obtained the Kingdom Key D.

7 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

How the hell did you reach that conclusion when almost every Remastered collections released so far have multiple Platinums? Previous KH collections including.

The Flood of Darkness is counted as a single entity so it should only count as 1, I also believe it's actually a mini boss so...

Previous KH collections have had 2 full games and 1 movie. The movie has never had a platinum. BBS 0.2 isn't a full game so, just like the movies, shouldn't get a platinum and be treated on the same level as a full game like DDD

Was never expecting this to have a platinum, so no shock for me. Would've been nice though :P

The trophy list looks ok and it's Kingdom Hearts!! :)

It looks like we'll have to play the game twice for 100% since Critical Mode apparently isn't unlocked after you finish the game once... Compared to previous KH, it's nothing

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

So the Dark World isn't a world in the Dark Realm, but rather another name for the Dark Realm itself?

I had a feeling it would take place during the events of KH1. Looking forward to see what Mickey has been doing and how he obtained the Kingdom Key D.

It looks like it.

Yeah, I hope it shows everything from the time he spent there, if they do that only Riku's time would be unacounted for.

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

Previous KH collections have had 2 full games and 1 movie. The movie has never had a platinum. BBS 0.2 isn't a full game so, just like the movies, shouldn't get a platinum and be treated on the same level as a full game like DDD

No, wasn't talking about that, I was asking why would 0.2 having a Platinum would prevent DDD from getting one as well when every other Remastered collection had more then one game with one already.

12 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

It looks like it.

Yeah, I hope it shows everything from the time he spent there, if they do that only Riku's time would be unacounted for.

No, wasn't talking about that, I was asking why would 0.2 having a Platinum would prevent DDD from getting one as well when every other Remastered collection had more then one game with one already.

I never said DDD wouldn't get a platinum if 0.2 had one, I simply said it'd subtract from the value of the DDD one if something as short as 0.2 was given one as well.

23 hours ago, JaM said:

5L7c1cc5.png

There hasn't been a Kingdom Hearts speed-run trophy since KHFM and for that I am grateful. (Though I might get into speedrunning - having to go through several plays of Knack just to farm those rare Crystal Relics made me remember the entire layout of the game from back to front and Knack should get into Game Done Quick's marathon, it's a great game. :lol:)

1 hour ago, DetectiveCJ said:

There hasn't been a Kingdom Hearts speed-run trophy since KHFM and for that I am grateful. (Though I might get into speedrunning - having to go through several plays of Knack just to farm those rare Crystal Relics made me remember the entire layout of the game from back to front and Knack should get into Game Done Quick's marathon, it's a great game. :lol:)

The speedrun for KHFM wasn't too bad at all, I was even able to do it alongside the trophies for never changing equipment and never using a continue- though granted I did it on Beginner difficulty and had played the PS2 original to death back in the day! But yeah, I actually find Speedrun trophies to be a mixed bag really. Certainly not suited to RPGs imo.

31 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

The speedrun for KHFM wasn't too bad at all, I was even able to do it alongside the trophies for never changing equipment and never using a continue- though granted I did it on Beginner difficulty and had played the PS2 original to death back in the day! But yeah, I actually find Speedrun trophies to be a mixed bag really. Certainly not suited to RPGs imo.

Some people beg to differ. :)

But all in all, I will get all the trophy for 0.2 even if it doesn't have a Platinum - my policy is no game without a platinum is worth playing unless it's connected to a franchise(like Sly Minigames, which wasn't too bad), is easy to clear(like Sly Minigames again), has a great story(like Song of the Deep) or is fun to play(like A Boy and His Blob, which is a reimagining of the old NES game of the same name with the same mechanics - feeding a Schmoo like creature jellybeans to make it transform into various forms to solve puzzles and kill enemies - I just got the last trophy in it and it was pretty fun!).

So far I have four 100% titles with no platinums; half of those are the Kingdom Hearts mini-movies from the Remixes. I hope X Back Cover gets a trophy list similar to that because the story seems to be shaping up to be awesome. (I do have a Unchained X character which has completed the story to Quest 250, thanks to lucky 6-star medal pulls, the enemies are brutal otherwise.)

EDIT: I think I know why the title for the difficulty trophy for 0.2 is so vague - the creators decided they didn't want to force you to play Critical Mode for a difficulty trophy since that would mean two playthroughs, so they will give you the trophy if you complete the game on Proud. I think this may be the first Kingdom Hearts which I don't go for the Easy setting, I'll be doing 100% on Proud since it's so short. And I don't mind rage-quitting constantly if I keep getting trolled by the final boss, it'll be a challenge! ^_^

That probably explains why DDD HD is the first game in the series without a difficulty trophy - you can't get Critical until you beat the game, so this is the first Kingdom Hearts I won't have to beat the game on the hardest difficulty... maybe. I might just do it to get the in-game trophy, because I really enjoyed this game out of the entire series. (Yeeeah, still wembling over completing the remaining games. :( )

Edited by DetectiveCJ

1 hour ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Hahaha well they can do them to their heart's content, I just don't like the idea of trophies having such conditions. GTA IV had a very generous one, I remember, something like complete the story in 20 hours, I did it in like 19h:42m comfortably without feeling like I was rushing through anything. But I may be talking shite, to each their own, if one of these games actually had such a trophy I'd probably moan but still do it anyway!