Does Death Metal have other uses besides resurection?

Gr4de_04

I was wondering if Death Metal has any other uses besides resurection of a character.

I've been casually using them when I felt the need to but i just came t the realisation that it might have more uses.

Im curently at F11 and it would be a shame to find out that it would have a much beter use later on and than regret my decision of using it for resurection.

So, is there any other use? if so, what does it cost and what do I gain?

gamesfourever.png

You can spend two Death Metal to increase your waiting room storage, which I highly recommend.  My storage is currently at 310, and it's full.  You can also convert DM to 5k Kill Coin each and use them to skip craft/R&D times, I don't recommend either of these options, unless you're really impatient and have the money not to care; which, if that's the case, by all means support the devs! 

On 1/10/2017 at 5:46 PM, gamesfourever said:

I was wondering if Death Metal has any other uses besides resurection of a character.

\

don't waste your death metal on rezing, kill coins are much easier to come by and can be used to retrieve your dead fighters, save your death metals for storage expansion.

I found out that there's almost a reliable way of getting DM ingame. If you chose a big team such as California you're likely to fight a couple of times each week. Make sure to participate by raiding/sending fighters on expeditions, even accumulating as liitle as 100 fight points will do (if you're in Cali, otherwise you might want to make sure it's actually your team that's winning). Now, when the fight is over, rewards will be given out. In my case, I got SPL/KillCoins ranging from 10 000 - 50 000 and up to 2 DM per fight. Since a lot of the quests offered by the game seem to be bugged and may or may not reward you after you complete them ( I tried to inform the devs via Twitter about that, their response: "No, they work as intended. It's prob haters killing enemies for you, negating this trophy." When I told them that I had made sure the hater dies first and without killing anything on a floor I did not receive another message. The fact that the game won't even track me picking up fish in the tower also never was aknowledged by the devs...) this seems to be the most reliable way of acquiring DM besides buying it.

On 17-1-2017 at 11:17 AM, timey77 said:

Since a lot of the quests offered by the game seem to be bugged and may or may not reward you after you complete them ( I tried to inform the devs via Twitter about that, their response: "No, they work as intended. It's prob haters killing enemies for you, negating this trophy." When I told them that I had made sure the hater dies first and without killing anything on a floor I did not receive another message. The fact that the game won't even track me picking up fish in the tower also never was aknowledged by the devs...) this seems to be the most reliable way of acquiring DM besides buying it.

Ive noticed when doing a quest that requires you to get a kill chain with a certain weapon that it resets itself if an enmey kills an enmy. this happened to me at 2F as i tried to easyly complete the mission at a low floor, so dont go to wanoki and make sure enemeis dont kill eachother.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

Ive noticed when doing a quest that requires you to get a kill chain with a certain weapon that it resets itself if an enmey kills an enmy. this happened to me at 2F as i tried to easyly complete the mission at a low floor, so dont go to wanoki and make sure enemeis dont kill eachother.

That's absolutely right. Neither haters nor regular enemies must land the final blow on any opponent. People have been wondering whether small things like kicking frogs and rats will void this trophy, and for a while they said it did, but then someone posted a vid where he did kick a frog and still completed the quest.

Let me assure you, these quests are bugged atm. I tried it so many times, entering a floor from different sides to get easy access to the hater, killing him first, never aggroing more than one opponent, never killing any critters, never completing the quests. I mean, I have completed a few of them, struggling with glitches as I went, but when I picked up the quest for killing the boss on floor 20 and it did not complete after killing him 3 times, I really started to wonder. That's why I contacted the devs.

Welp, those guys are really busy, though. They have to scout the twitterverse for any streamers giving the game a positive reception and then tweet out their every moves. Oh, and they gotta thank people who praise it. Don't ever try to tell them there's something wrong, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting them to be like "Shit, we didn't know!!! We will forward your problem to our experts and then come back at you!!! Just wait a lil!!!"

Them simply acknowleding that there indeed is a problem would be a nice first step, I believe ;)

On 17.1.2017 at 5:20 PM, MagicSandwych said:

I've been giving thought to hopping on the Cali train. My state is boring and has yet to have a single fight, or even get anywhere close. 

That's your easy access right there. I mean, what reasons are there not to join, leaving regional pride aside? In terms of in-game benefits, that's the way to go!